Sign in to follow this  
Intense Observer

Bye Beto

Officially drops out of 2020 presidential race.

Amazing how he went from no name conservative city council member to Savior of the Left (bringing in millions of outside money to his failed TX Senate run) to just another washed up loser whose 15 minutes is up.

Do all those donors get their money back?

5 minutes ago, drobeski said:

The gun rights chick from newton b!itch slapped him out. 

Word.  He was deballed and he knows it. 

His fatal mistake was being a mouthpiece for the fringe leftists and thinking the garbage on social media was mainstream thought.

Where did this dude even come from?

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

~Sticks ass

I don't understand how this person is possible. I didn't follow his Senate campaign but he won a lot of votes statewide in Texas, which I cannot wrap my head around.  I suppose I shouldn't speak for Texas, but I don't recognize anything Texan about him. The guy exudes Californ-tardation through his pores. It simply doesn't register how he could have come so close to winning a statewide campaign in Texas on a neo-Marxist platform of open borders, anti-gun, and Candyland free stuff.

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I don't understand how this person is possible. I didn't follow his Senate campaign but he won a lot of votes statewide in Texas, which I cannot wrap my head around.  I suppose I shouldn't speak for Texas, but I don't recognize anything Texan about him. The guy exudes Californ-tardation through his pores. It simply doesn't register how he could have come so close to winning a statewide campaign in Texas on a neo-Marxist platform of open borders, anti-gun, and Candyland free stuff.

The left has been trying to flip Texas from Red to Blue for decades. Gotta wonder if illegal immigration/open border is part of that effort.

All they have to do is gain control of the voting apparatus like they did in NY and California. Then they adopt a 'Don't ask Don't tell' philosophy in regard to whether you're a legal resident.

9 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Ted Cruz is odious, is your answer.

28 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Ted Cruz is odious, is your answer.

This sounds like the answer. Ted rubs people the wrong way. Also, somehow I doubt campaigning as the choice of the super-woke in a national Democratic primary and campaigning statewide in Texas against Ted Cruz, different priorities are emphasized.

16 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

He lost a state election, so the natural thing to do was run for a national election. I’ll never understand the logic behind that decision. But I guess that’s why I’m a Republican. 

Just now, avoiding injuries said:

He lost a state election, so the natural thing to do was run for a national election. I’ll never understand the logic behind that decision. But I guess that’s why I’m a Republican. 

I understand the logic. At first, before i got to see him in action. It seems reasonable enough to me to presume that if a Dem can come close to flipping red Texas, there's probably a lot of purple states he CAN flip. But this guy has zero appeal to Midwestern voters. 

I’m surprised Beto didn’t get a little more traction, just because he seemed to fill a slightly different niche than his competitors.

Here’s hoping the Dems nominate Bernie or Warren. They’ll probably lose anyway might as well go bold. If it’s Biden I will be voting 3rd party again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m surprised Beto didn’t get a little more traction, just because he seemed to fill a slightly different niche than his competitors.

Another thing he has in common with tubgirl.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

If it’s Biden I will be voting 3rd party again.

Cant see Biden getting it.  Its becoming too obvious that he has some type of early dementia setting in. Thats gonna scare too many people even though Im sure the DNC wants to trot him out there.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Cant see Biden getting it.  Its becoming too obvious that he has some type of early dementia setting in. Thats gonna scare too many people even though Im sure the DNC wants to trot him out there.

Didn’t scare the RNC. :dunno: 

Biden’s policies and the nepotism will hurt him. Some people on the left care about that.

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Cant see Biden getting it.  Its becoming too obvious that he has some type of early dementia setting in.

That could be said of all the 2020 Dem candidates 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Republicans that owned land at or near the border flipped to Beto because they were scared that Trump's wall meant the federal government would seize their land via eminent domain to build the wall.

2 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

First I heard of him was losing to Cruz. Where was he before that?

It’ll be Warren or Bernie, most likely Warren and I think that’s mainly due to Bernie’s age. Buttigieg maybe has a real long shot.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’ll be Warren or Bernie, most likely Warren and I think that’s mainly due to Bernie’s age. Buttigieg maybe has a real long shot.

Man, pretty incredible that this is where the Dems are.. I don't know how either of those candidates could even be competitive.

Just now, Reality said:

Man, pretty incredible that this is where the Dems are.. I don't know how either of those candidates could even be competitive.

Well when the guy on the other side is a liar and a fraud it makes some alternatives a lot more palatable.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Well when the guy on the other side is a liar and a fraud it makes some alternatives a lot more palatable.

Fight fire with fire huh? You've just explained Warren to a T.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

Warren may be a proven liar, but at least she wants to flood the country with illegals and bankrupt the economy.

True, she does have those qualities that awful Americans could get behind. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

You forgot Hitlery.  She wants another turn.

32 minutes ago, Strike said:

You forgot Hitlery.  She wants another turn.

She'll announce in March.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Fight fire with fire huh? You've just explained Warren to a T.

True. A great argument could be made for a uniter. That’s why Biden is there but it’s just not looking that great for him. That’s where Buttigieg becomes an interesting option.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

First I heard of him was losing to Cruz. Where was he before that?

He'd been in Congress out of the El Paso area but gave up running for reelection to it in order to run for Senate.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

He'd been in Congress out of the El Paso area but gave up running for reelection to it in order to run for Senate.

Ha what a focking moron.

5 hours ago, Reality said:

Man, pretty incredible that this is where the Dems are.

Its part of Trump's strategy.

The democrats' plan is to move the nation to the left at a snail's pace.  Make slow changes here or there over 50 years.  Like a frog in a pot of water that slowly gets hotter and hotter.  Its all about timing.  Trump's strategy is to disrupt their timing by forcing the democrats to embrace far far left views very very quickly.  Make them move to the left much faster than they wanted.  In terms of the NFL, its like the 2001 Rams running this beautiful timing offense all year and then running into Belichick in the Super Bowl and his defense disrupts their timing all game until they cannot do anything. 

Key to Trump's plan (for example) is to frame the Squad as the face of the democrats.  Trump knows they SHOULD disown the squad to win the middle, but he knows they WON'T, which is a tactical mistake and ultimately causes the dems to lose the middle.  The dems accidentally find themselves moving way too far left too quickly.  Their timing is off.

On 11/2/2019 at 11:40 AM, Fireballer said:

Biden is losing it.  No way he gets the nod.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:59 PM, riversco said:

Its part of Trump's strategy.

The democrats' plan is to move the nation to the left at a snail's pace.  Make slow changes here or there over 50 years.  Like a frog in a pot of water that slowly gets hotter and hotter.  Its all about timing.  Trump's strategy is to disrupt their timing by forcing the democrats to embrace far far left views very very quickly.  Make them move to the left much faster than they wanted.  In terms of the NFL, its like the 2001 Rams running this beautiful timing offense all year and then running into Belichick in the Super Bowl and his defense disrupts their timing all game until they cannot do anything. 

Key to Trump's plan (for example) is to frame the Squad as the face of the democrats.  Trump knows they SHOULD disown the squad to win the middle, but he knows they WON'T, which is a tactical mistake and ultimately causes the dems to lose the middle.  The dems accidentally find themselves moving way too far left too quickly.  Their timing is off.

Just for the sake of accuracy and giving credit where credit is due, Tampa did that in the NFC Championship game 2 years prior... it's why the Rams only scored 11 points.  The only reason the Rams won that game was because Tampa's offense was anemic.  

Kurt Warner had a 56.2 passer rating that game and threw for only 258 yards.  His ypa was 6.  In the Super Bowl against Belichick, he threw for 365 yards and averaged 8.3 yards per attempt.  Monte Kiffen did the work, Belichick just copied it.