Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Rostering 2 qbs post- bye week

Do u guys tend to like to keep two qbs rostered (assuming you have one stud and a very good backup), or are u ok with just rostering your stud after his bye? Obviously is roster-size dependent, who you would use the extra spot on, your level of acceptable risk, etc. but just wanted some opinions on what people are doing. In my main league, we have 13 roster spots and finding it difficult to decide on rostering an excellent backup for insurance or take a flier on a lottery ticket. 

I am picking up a QB for the BYE and dropping next week.

Picked up Jimmy G for this week, but he may be better than my starter Goff.

Have Watson and am looking to pick someone up this week before his upcoming BYE

I look at the best teams in The FF league, I would drop the QB unless it would give a starter to a strong team. Play keep away

I have Watson and Wilson in my main league and Watson and Stafford in my second. I could use the extra bench space after Watson's bye but both back ups would start on a few of the other teams. But if my back up was just for my starters bye week I'd drop him. 

1 hour ago, The Road Warriors said:

I have Watson and Wilson in my main league and Watson and Stafford in my second. I could use the extra bench space after Watson's bye but both back ups would start on a few of the other teams. But if my back up was just for my starters bye week I'd drop him. 

Same situation here. I have Watson and Wilson....tried to shop one of them earlier in the season but got ridiculous offers. Could use the bench space but there isn't much out there now and either one would start for another team.

I never roster two. This year I have to because I can't drop Wilson. I normally draft some droppable QB and stream one all season. I thought Wilson would not be that great and struggle early. I will finally have to roster two during the bye. Same with Justin Tucker and the Pats D. I am not able to bounce those positions around anymore.  

The other qb I had was Ryan. He’s still out there on waivers, and would start for a few competitive teams. I have Lamar. Would need to drop cooks to re-roster him. He’s very good, but maybe not worth getting him again. 

I most always have two QBs on my roster. It works very well for me.

I like to stream QBs and don't want to be stuck starting Ryan Tannehill or some other waiver wire scrub if my QB is injured.

I wouldn't give the up to pick up some lower end WR or RB.

My 4 teams I have,

Goff and Ryan

Wentz and K Murray

K Murray and Cousins

Dak and Wentz

Wilson though, why would you need to have two QB's rostered at all times. Other than the bye, there is no reason not to start him. What I do is use one spot and keep testing free players or use it for bye players. If I didn't have Wilson I would still only have one QB. They difference between them is not that significant. Some in my league have 3 QB's. They are missing out on good depth they could pick up. I don't get it but they never make the playoffs so...meh. 

Stream. 

Untill one good one so happens to come ones way. 

Last week Ryan was dropped, based on injury.  

Scooped him up. 

Title town baby. 

Depends on the league. Some leagues horde QBs, so if I have a questionable starter I'll keep a second on hand.  I don't like to but it all depends on my team and league. I'd rather keep two decent QBs than a useless WR 5.

I never roster two long term. Lamar has been my QB all year. When he was on his bye I was able to get a deal for Minshew then I traded him away as well. My opponent was hording QBs when he saw I didn't have a second one but it didn't work. My league doesn't give/get a lot for QBs but it's better than what was on the waiver wire and better than cutting if I can get something worth while.