Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

When do you start decorating for Christmas?

Except for the Jews, Muslims, etc...just kiddin, Im told diversity is our countrys greatest strength.

We started yesterday.  We decorate throughout the house and do the smaller trees, etc over the next couple weeks and are done by Nov 15 culminated by our big tree in the den and a holiday BJ over red wine after we're done.  

I do icicle lights, window swags and  bows, wreaths, garland on all the railings, and a nativity outside. Yes, its a  bit overboard,  but we love Christmas time and, if your gonna decorate, might as well leave it up a while.

33 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Except for the Jews, Muslims, etc...just kiddin, Im told diversity is our countrys greatest strength.

We started yesterday.  We decorate throughout the house and do the smaller trees, etc over the next couple weeks and are done by Nov 15 culminated by our big tree in the den and a holiday BJ over red wine after we're done.  

I do icicle lights, window swags and  bows, wreaths, garland on all the railings, and a nativity outside. Yes, its a  bit overboard,  but we love Christmas time and, if your gonna decorate, might as well leave it up a while.

That seems early, but if you enjoy it, go for it.  We've got a neighbor who goes crazy every year; their house has been on a national TV decoration competition show.  They started this weekend.  I hate to be a Grinch but it makes driving past that house a pain in the evenings because people come from all over to see it, which means lots of little kids running into the street in the dark.  We take a longer route which bypasses it.

Anyway... we don't start until Thanksgiving at the earliest.  And years like this year when we are traveling to visit family, we usually pick either outside or inside.  We did some new landscaping in the front so we'll probably do outside.  I tend to like it more than the wife (I would do both) so maybe I'll negotiate adding the tree which shows in our front window, so it adds to the outside effect.  

No ceremonial BJ, but I like your thinking.  :thumbsup:

Ill put a few lights up 1st week of december.  

I dont understand why people want xmas decorations up for months.  Let it be fall for focks sake.  A local station goes pure christmas music starting november 1st till december 26th.  I dont understand.  Massive overkill.

26 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ill put a few lights up 1st week of december.  

I dont understand why people want xmas decorations up for months.  Let it be fall for focks sake.  A local station goes pure christmas music starting november 1st till december 26th.  I dont understand.  Massive overkill.

People really REALLY like Christmas. 

I’m at the mountains right now and fock they must’ve started Nov 1st decorating 

My wife put up our decorations yesterday. Wreath on the door, tree, all that crap. I think it's too soon, but hey, what the fock do I care? If it makes her happy, go for it baby. 

I wrapped my posts a couple weekends ago cause it was warm.   Havent plugged them in but at least they are up

I don't decorate, but my wife does.  I get mad if we do anything before Black Friday.  Same thing when my mother asks me what I want for Christmas.  I don't answer until after Thanksgiving.  

Weekend after Thanksgiving, I just do lights on the front of the house and the light post in the yard..  Nothing crazy.

We do Thanksgiving at our place on Friday, don't want any of that in the way.

30 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Start/Finish - December 23rd

Pack up - December 27th

Why so late for setup?

The weekend before Christmas

New Year's Day

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Why so late for setup?

It's only my son and I and we live in a townhouse, so there's no exterior to decorate.  Plus, we're not much of "in-house" decorators.  We'll go over my parents and my sons' mother's parents every year to help them decorate.

I do the lights and the decorating outside Thanksgiving week. And then on Thanksgiving, we turn them on. And leave everything lit through the Super Bowl.

We always do the weekend before thanksgiving.  I am always too full/drunk to do it the weekend after.  Plus it is cold here.  The fock if I am waiting until December to hang lights outside.

12 hours ago, Kopy said:

I do the lights and the decorating outside Thanksgiving week. And then on Thanksgiving, we turn them on. And leave everything lit through the Super Bowl.

So you're house is basically decorated 1/4 of the year. I would hate you as a neighbor.