Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

KFC

I haven't been in forever but Midland is relatively white so I would say yes although the blacks are beginning to metastasize from Saginaw.  

I prefer Popeyes....

Last time I went the service was horrible. The waitress never showed up so I had to order at a counter, carry the meal to my table and bus my own tray. Normally I tip at least 15% but this time I stiffed her. :thumbsdown:

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Last time I went the service was horrible. The waitress never showed up so I had to order at a counter, carry the meal to my table and bus my own tray. Normally I tip at least 15% but this time I stiffed her. :thumbsdown:

Did the Maitre D or Consigliary even tell you about the specials or show you the wine list?

18 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Love these racist threads :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

Ever been to a Chic Fil A?  How was your service?

Freddie Kitchens used to manage my local KFC. He was fired after corporate found out he was exceeding the manager limit of 2 buscuits per day. It was later revealed he was eating upwards of 8-10 biscuits per day without paying for them. Luckily for Freddie, his experience working for the colonel made him qualified enough to coach a football team in the eyes of the Cleveland Browns. 

44 minutes ago, MDC said:

How was the food? I haven’t been in many years but I’d swear it wasn’t free-range organic chicken and I suspect the mashed potatoes were frozen.

To say nothing of the wine, which was a Boone’s Farm varietal the previous occupants of our table left behind and might’ve pissed in :cry:

24 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Try White Castle sometime

Their fries only come in one size. 

Every time I go there’s no white person. The guy taking our order sounded, acted, and looked high. Food took over 15 minutes and was wrong. Just don’t go there anymore. Bojangles is better. But if I want fried chicken there’s plenty of places around here that do it better and cheaper than those fast food joints. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

What fukin KFC are u going to with a wait staff?

49 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I speak a little MDC, I'll help.  He is saying that people have unrealistic expectations of service at a fast food joint, and that those people use this less-than-exemplary service as an excuse to rationalize their inherent racism towards black people.  Whether or not those people can actually use their life experience to correlate poor service, even at a fast food joint, with a workforce which is primarily or exclusively of a certain race, is not up for discussion.  It's just racism.   HTH.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I speak a little MDC, I'll help.  He is saying that people have unrealistic expectations of service at a fast food joint, and that those people use this less-than-exemplary service as an excuse to rationalize their inherent racism towards black people.  Whether or not those people can actually use their life experience to correlate poor service, even at a fast food joint, with a workforce which is primarily or exclusively of a certain race, is not up for discussion.  It's just racism.   HTH.  

Ah...just breezed over the thread and didnt pick up on the nuances.

16 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Maybe Tomlinson is investing...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, jerryskids said:

😆 

1. White men do work at the KFC's here. Then again, I don't live in the ghetto.

2.  Does KFC have Chik-fil-A type service? No, but it's not terrible either.

3. KFC bird rocks.

I had a craving for an egg mcmuffin after the gym this morning; drove thru one by our house which is highly efficient -- parallel order lanes, food is quick and correct, etc.  Paid at first window, black girl, late teens early twenties, 36D and not hard on the eyes, and was very efficient.  Drove to second window, a second black woman (a little older I think) handed me my bag.  She was not attractive enough to gauge can size.

I saw thru the window that a white woman was working the front register.

My theory is that in a diverse workforce with mixed races, things run smoothly.  At a place with an all-black staff, things would be more likely to fall apart.  This would mirror the problem that the black inner city culture has, and is of course a broad generalization applicable to a minimum wage workforce.  Also we don't have enough of a black concentration near me to test the theory.

Chic Fil A 30 miles away...closest one...grrrrr...

50/50 mix of races....service is excellent...no complaints here.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I had a craving for an egg mcmuffin after the gym this morning; drove thru one by our house which is highly efficient -- parallel order lanes, food is quick and correct, etc.  Paid at first window, black girl, late teens early twenties, 36D and not hard on the eyes, and was very efficient.  Drove to second window, a second black woman (a little older I think) handed me my bag.  She was not attractive enough to gauge can size.

I saw thru the window that a white woman was working the front register.

My theory is that in a diverse workforce with mixed races, things run smoothly.  At a place with an all-black staff, things would be more likely to fall apart.  This would mirror the problem that the black inner city culture has, and is of course a broad generalization applicable to a minimum wage workforce.  Also we don't have enough of a black concentration near me to test the theory.

So the blacks are okay as long as they’ve got a white one managing them?

Oof, Jerry.

Oof.

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So the blacks are okay as long as they’ve got a white one managing them?

Oof, Jerry.

Oof.

Well, that's not what I said, but otherwise solid post as always.  :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, that's not what I said, but otherwise solid post as always.  :thumbsup:

It’s okay, I speak a little jerryskids-ese ;)

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s okay, I speak a little jerryskids-ese ;)

I specifically said nothing about the manager because his/her capabilities far outweigh race, although it is possible that a black manager might get less respect in a given situation.  Not saying that it is right, just that it might be the case.  You see Worms, I'm open to discussions around the Bell Curve.  You on the other hand hear that phrase, cover your ears, and say "nah nah nah racism$#@!"  But until we explore and discuss such topics in a logical and rational manner, we'll never improve.  JFC we've raised an entire generation of black youth who is browbeaten to believe that it is not their fault if they fail; whitey is holding them back.  I weep for our future.  :(

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Their sides suck. Except slaw.

The gravy is super flavorful splashed all over the instant potatoes.

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Their sides suck. Except slaw.

This is false.

Mashed potatoes and gravy are great

Coleslaw is the best there is for a chicken chain

fries- seasoned wedges..delicious.

Get out of here with that silly talk

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

This is false.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

On 11/6/2019 at 5:17 AM, supermike80 said:

This is false.

They're instant mashed potatoes. I'm Irish. That's a focking sin. 

And we tolerated Priests diddling kids. 

But fake taters?  

We'll kill ya for that.

• Haha 1