Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

My best year fishing ever

I have been getting more comfortable ranging out in my kayak and covered ground this year that I just never had before in the past. I am typically fish for bass and I did catch a hog this year that was 6.5lbs and 24 inches long. But up until this year I had only caught 1 pike in all of my life. I ended up catching 32 pike this year ranging from 12 inch hammer handles to a 32, 36 and 40 incher. All from a kayak with no anchor on what ended up being 65lb braid. It was outstanding. I think that with better eqipment next year I can pull in some that are even bigger. It was just a great year. If this never happens again I am glad I at least had one year like this. 

• Like 5

Nice year, man. 

Were you the one that had the falling out of your kayak incident back in the summer? If that was you, hopefully you are all healed up. 

Yea I took a header INTO my kayak. My body is better but I will probably have the gash on my wrist till i die. It went far deeper than I thought and if I had done that as a younger man I probably would have went to the hospital......instead of wrapping gauze from my oh sh!t kit and continuing to fish