Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Lori from Shark tank ignored momentarily, points out chauvinism, then runs with it.

So...cliff notes... (the way I saw it)

Mark Cuban said something to this guy - (referred to his product as "sh!t")

Guy stares at Cuban/ while beginning to explain/answer--- so he isn't focused on Lori Greiner, who is asking/talking.  He's focused on Cuban's comment still. 

Lori confronts guy, says that the guy was ignoring her because she is a female, calls him chauvinist. 

Now, a day after it airs....its all over the news. 

Wow, what a conclusion to jump to and run with. 

Lori Greiner is a snowflake.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/shark-tank-lori-greiner-chauvinistic-contestant

Yeah, he must be a chauvinist, because its impossible that he is simply an assh0le....right?

Would have been great if he said she's coming after him because of racism.  

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Would have been great if he said she's coming after him because of racism.  

RIght? Or maybe he could throw the transgender thing at her, that is a killer as well...

Watching this now...

I like Lori, but I do not think she was accurate in her assessment/reaction in this.

I believe that the doctor was a little rattled by Cuban's rebuttal  and challenge and was concentrating on his next response.  Doctor provided a reasonable reply to Lori.

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Watching this now...

I like Lori, but I do not think she was accurate in her assessment/reaction in this.

I believe that the doctor was a little rattled by Cuban's rebuttal  and challenge and was concentrating on his next response.  Doctor provided a reasonable reply to Lori.

So you're saying a woman lied about a man to get attention?  Preposterous!

No.  I believe her perception was inaccurate.  

The guys were talking over her. Her being incorrect doesn't make her a lier.

35 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

They all talk over each other all the time. That is what those characters on that show do. And then they often team up against the seller and make fun of them. For anyone on or off the show to give a shlt, they are falling into idiocy.

14 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So you're saying a woman lied about a man to get attention?  Preposterous!

It’s outrageous, egregious, preposterous. 

56 minutes ago, frank said:

It’s outrageous, egregious, preposterous. 

I've seen that show a lot in the past. And she has no problems showing off those big uns she got in those tight dresses. But she's too much of a lady to use that as a tactic for anything right? 

On 11/8/2019 at 7:22 PM, Bier Meister said:

I think that is at the heart of a lot of sexism and racism claims.  People mistake being so socially awkward, dumb, oblivious, an asshòle for sexism and racism because they got offended.  Most people don't give two shìts about the other person or their category.  They're worried what they're going to do in the next hour.

• Like 1

I used to watch this show and Lori is the most hate-able by far.   

She’s really condescending to the contestants and her mannerisms are annoying.  

7 hours ago, nobody said:

I think that is at the heart of a lot of sexism and racism claims.  People mistake being so socially awkward, dumb, oblivious, an asshòle for sexism and racism because they got offended.  Most people don't give two shìts about the other person or their category.  They're worried what they're going to do in the next hour.

It's the same thing as if you criticize or simply don't like a specific black person and you voice it, you are racist. All of this is what half this country transformed into under the Obama years. And it has been applied to all races and gender etc... It's a shame that the first black president was a hate-filled traitor to this country.

7 hours ago, nobody said:

Yes, but I also believe people behave in inappropriate ways without knowing it.

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I used to watch this show and Lori is the most hate-able by far.   

She’s really condescending to the contestants and her mannerisms are annoying.  

They all have their condescending moments.

11 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Yes, but I also believe people behave in inappropriate ways without knowing it.

They all have their condescending moments.

It is a television show looking for ratings. What would it be like if they didn't get into once in a while? This formula has been around for a long time. Get experts on a panel of some sort and occasionally have them get into it. Think of Kevin O'leary as the Simon Cowell of Shark Tank and the others all bicker at each other all the time. No reason to bring something like chauvinism into this format. Unless that is what the producers want to spark ratings? That show has been on for a long time.   

That looked spontaneous and unscripted.  As much as I know that many tv moments are manufactured, I can't imagine a show would want that type of publicity.

5 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

That looked spontaneous and unscripted.  As much as I know that many tv moments are manufactured, I can't imagine a show would want that type of publicity.

Yeah. Especially for a show about capitalism. That is confusing that that type of name calling was on the show. I have seen shows where Lori went after a couple of the guys saying they are just guys that don't understand certain things because they are guys and she would pair up with the older lady that is on sometimes and they would invest in something to spite the guys laughing at whatever the product was.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:22 PM, Bier Meister said:

Pretty confident she was lying and new it.  Had she been incorrect and realized it, she'd have given some kind of apology.

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Pretty confident she was lying and new it.  Had she been incorrect and realized it, she'd have given some kind of apology.

I believe that she thought he was being chauvinistic. I do not believe she is lying, rather incorrect.  Unintentional imo

On 11/4/2019 at 9:41 PM, TimmySmith said:

She's right though. For anyone who watches, Cuban is a giant chauvanist.  

Giant bully anyway