huskyhater75

Chubb/Hunt, this oughtta be good..........................

I wonder what the genius Kitchens (he's really been "amazing") is gonna do with these two-Chubb is their best player but I'm thinking of sitting him for Singletary this next week just to see how they handle it-RBBC or Chubb deservedly still getting most of the carries? Any Brown's fans maybe drink beer with Kitchens know anything?

9 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

I wonder what the genius Kitchens (he's really been "amazing") is gonna do with these two-Chubb is their best player but I'm thinking of sitting him for Singletary this next week just to see how they handle it-RBBC or Chubb deservedly still getting most of the carries? Any Brown's fans maybe drink beer with Kitchens know anything?

I love Singletary. I have him as a long term keeper along with Jacobs.

Cleveland would be stupid to not mix Hunt in 50% of the time. Or play both Hunt and Chubb at the same time multiple times a game.

Hunt hasn't played a down of football for over a year. I highly doubt Chubbs role will change this week or even the next. Hunt will likely absorb all the touches that dontrell Hilliard was getting, at least for now, around 30-35% of the snaps. Their have been some rumblings here in Cleveland that they will utilize both backs at the same time. Keep in mind the last two weeks Jordan Howard and AP ran all over the Bills.

Tough situation based on Chubb being so good so far, he is definitely the Browns best producer, but this team is and as been a joke so far, I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see Hunt cut deep into Chubbs work load.  

I cant give the Browns enough credit for doing the right thing, they haven’t done so yet this season. 

• Like 1

Probably gets a few passes, few runs. He was still sitting in our garbage bin last week. None of the contenders will be grabbing him I know that much. Basically a dart throw for the bottom half of the league. Not a bad move though. He has the ability to make a splash play. 

This organization is a goat rodeo.  The head coach is in completely over his head.  I have Chubb and have been looking to move him but haven't gotten back what I'd like.  I have a very hard time believing this to be a 50/50 split starting right now but this coaching staff left Chubb on the sideline this past weekend during some of the most important moments of the game.  They are morons so anything could happen.  I have a bad feeling I'm going down with the Chubb ship.

"Chubb and KHunt" could go down as one of the great "yin yang" backfields, like "thunder and lightning."

The OL line is so bad though. If Chubb had a good OL he would be running lose every game. Hunt, if he has success it will be in passing. I don't see him making much between the tackles. Chubb is bigger, faster, stronger and he struggles. 

I'm playing him this week on the team I have him.

It's the perfect scenario. Normally, I start Zeke and Fournette, with the latter on bye this week, I'm rolling the dice.

I have Hyde and Mixon on the bench but one is on bye and I have lost faith in Mixon.

He might do ok. Certainly better than the other fill in from I think Tulane. He was getting buried. I would still probably go with Ballage. The offense has changed with Fitz who can probably get Ballage close to the GL.

2 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Probably gets a few passes, few runs. He was still sitting in our garbage bin last week. None of the contenders will be grabbing him I know that much. Basically a dart throw for the bottom half of the league. Not a bad move though. He has the ability to make a splash play. 

I am thinking 7-10 touches, mostly on third down passing situations.  I also think it will impact hilliard more than chubb

Hunt could actually help Chubb. If he gets some breathers now and then he could run more effective. Think the guy just gets exhausted trying to push through that pathetic OL. It's hard running.

I like the idea of running both of them in at the same time.  if they start using hunt in routes in the flat, a linebacker will have to follow.... can mean bigger holes for chubb.

Wow I was thinking of benching Chubb for Singletary this week, but after reading (some way too funny) your guy's comments I'm sticking with him-he's bigger and stronger than Hunt, Hunt will probably hog up Hilliard's touches more than Chubb's, that makes sense to me. Thanks guys, good luck this week. Sure wish our league had a flex position, I like Singletary's chances too!

I’ve been saying it since August...Chubb is a DND at his price.  Both become flex plays at best down the stretch.  Trade Chubb now if you can.

I don’t know how much of a impact Hunt we’ll make this weekend, but he will got more and more work going forward. 

It’s not a knock against Chubb, but the browns picked up a suspended Hunt and have kept him for this reason. 

He’s going to be a factor. 

Personally I think Chubb is the better rb. 

But the coaching on this team is awful, so I can see them wanting to fire up the player they will look at and view as a steal. 

Pride baby pride. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I am thinking 7-10 touches, mostly on third down passing situations.  I also think it will impact hilliard more than chubb

Yup.  Chubb is one of the better backs in the entire nfl and I can't see him getting less than 15-20 carries a game.  When I drafted Chubb I didn't think Hunt takes more than a couple carries/catches away and I still don't. With that being said, who the hell knows what Freddie is gonna do. 

8 minutes ago, browns16-0 said:

Yup.  Chubb is one of the better backs in the entire nfl and I can't see him getting less than 15-20 carries a game.  When I drafted Chubb I didn't think Hunt takes more than a couple carries/catches away and I still don't. With that being said, who the hell knows what Freddie is gonna do. 

while i still think chubb is the man in cle, hunt (with creative play-calling from the walrus) was one of the most explosive players in the league.  the more touches you give him, the higher likelihood of a big play.

This could really change things up for clev (and their skill position players in general).... of course, this is assuming that the coaching staff can utilize talent, which so far they have not

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

the more touches you give him, the higher likelihood of a big play.

Couldn't you say this about the majority of RB's in the NFL?

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

I’ve been saying it since August...Chubb is a DND at his price.  Both become flex plays at best down the stretch.  Trade Chubb now if you can.

And you've been wrong since August...

4 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Couldn't you say this about the majority of RB's in the NFL?

to a degree.  i think more touches= more yards, but certain players have a greater disposition for the big play

ie: mccaffrey, barkley, hunt, kamara, maybe cook

back in the day it was sanders, faulk, fred taylor, early AP, etc

while Chubb has not been the problem, and has been a bright spot on the team, the team has under performed.  Since it is broken, I expect them to try to fix it.  What i would guess is that they try to find ways to have both players on the field at the same time at times in addition to rotating them in and out of that top RB spot.  just a guess

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I don’t know how much of a impact Hunt we’ll make this weekend, but he will got more and more work going forward. 

It’s not a knock against Chubb, but the browns picked up a suspended Hunt and have kept him for this reason. 

He’s going to be a factor. 

Personally I think Chubb is the better rb. 

But the coaching on this team is awful, so I can see them wanting to fire up the player they will look at and view as a steal. 

Pride baby pride. 

Hunt is GM Dorsey's guy, he drafted him in KC. He picked him up because they we're getting him for nothing. Chubb is Kitchens guy, he absolutely loved him, his work ethic and has said he admires him as a man. As long as Freddie is the coach and the one who calls the plays, Chubb is going nowhere...

Maybe. 

True, nothing is certain in this great game we all play. This site has Chubb as RB 9, ROW and Fantasy Pros has him RB 6 ROW. It is within the realm of possibilities that everyone is fooled...

Buffalo is number 11 against the run.

Cleveland is number 24 against the run.

I never bench my studs before they stop producing.

Good Luck, but it is a nice problem to have.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Hunt is GM Dorsey's guy, he drafted him in KC. He picked him up because they we're getting him for nothing. Chubb is Kitchens guy, he absolutely loved him, his work ethic and has said he admires him as a man. As long as Freddie is the coach and the one who calls the plays, Chubb is going nowhere...

I’m don’t think he well be coach long, I think mr GM might have more say  in this situation then we might think. 

After all the Browns aren’t anywhere near the team that most expected them to be, I think coach is on the burning hot seat. 

Hunt has talent but a lot of people forget, his rookie season there were some lean games in there. At one point the chatter was getting to bench him level but he turned it around. Also, during PS this year, he was trying hard but was getting buried. That line is really bad. Amazing Chubb can even do anything behind that thing. Hillard could do nothing. I think does ok in passing but running b/t the tackles not seeing that at all. I think he does a little better than Hillard on the ground and has some decent passes. Outside of that no. Chubb is a damn beast. 

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Buffalo is number 11 against the run.

Cleveland is number 24 against the run.

I never bench my studs before they stop producing.

Good Luck, but it is a nice problem to have.

Week 1: Bell: 60 rushing;  6/32/1 td rec

week 2: Barkely- 100 rushing, 1 td; 3/28 rec

week 3: mixon: 60 rushing; 2/34/1 td

week 4: michel: 63 rushing; white was 8/57 rec

week 5: henry: 78/1 td rushing

week 7: waltong: 66 rushing; drake 3/37 rec

week 8: howard: 96/1; sanders: 74/1 rushing, 3/44 rec

week 9: AP: 108 rushing, 1/22 rec

bills rushing defense is not deterring me from starting chubb

5 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Hunt has talent but a lot of people forget, his rookie season there were some lean games in there. At one point the chatter was getting to bench him level but he turned it around. Also, during PS this year, he was trying hard but was getting buried. That line is really bad. Amazing Chubb can even do anything behind that thing. Hillard could do nothing. I think does ok in passing but running b/t the tackles not seeing that at all. I think he does a little better than Hillard on the ground and has some decent passes. Outside of that no. Chubb is a damn beast. 

Agree about Chubb, and I think he is the better rb, but Hunt could be a starter on some other teams, based on he has the talent to do so, to expect nothing much to change I think is the wrong thinking.  

They now have two very talented Rbs , they well find a away to feed both of them, imo. 

Maybe. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Agree about Chubb, and I think he is the better rb, but Hunt could be a starter on some other teams, based on he has the talent to do so, to expect nothing much to change I think is the wrong thinking.  

They now have two very talented Rbs , they well find a away to feed both of them, imo. 

Maybe. 

two very talented rb's and a struggling qb.  i would think chubb will still get plenty of touches, but that hunt will get some too - i would think short passes are in order

With a decent line totally. Hunt is a RB1. I'm not bashing the guy believe me. In say NO or Dallas with those lines he would be unstoppable inside.

15 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

didn't he finish his rookie season as the rushing leader?  year two he had a slow start, then started looking like himself until suspension.

18 minutes ago, cavern said:

two very talented rb's and a struggling qb.  i would think chubb will still get plenty of touches, but that hunt will get some too - i would think short passes are in order

Key point, struggling Qb. 

Lots of work for both Rbs. 

Thanks appreciate the return. 

17 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

didn't he finish his rookie season as the rushing leader?  year two he had a slow start, then started looking like himself until suspension.

He did. There was a time in there though where it started getting dry. I recall Mathew Berry saying during that time one had to look and see if they had a better option. I remember it because I had him and he was hurting me. He did end up turning it around right after that but a lot of people forget it wasn't always gravy that season.

but the hurting was still in the 9-15 range for only a few games. hunt owners got a little spoiled with his huge games.