huskyhater75

Chubb/Hunt, this oughtta be good..........................

4 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

You may have misunderstood what my point was-I wanted to make the point that Hunt had a much better o-line in KC and Reid knew how to get him into open spaces, just like Kitchens does not. Chubb-for the most part, has been taking this fight on his own, not much help from his "team"mates. We'll see how Hunt does under these conditions. And yes I DO own Chubb..............but if it gets too bad I might just put in Singletary. Singletary/Barkley or Chubb/Barkley, don't worry about m y RBs, thanks. HAHA the rest of my team sucks though!

I really like the outlook for Singletary. I have him as a keeper on the cheap for a few years to come. After the year started I think every team in my league offered a trade for him. Should be fun to watch. Good luck dude. I hope Chubb keeps it going for ya. I'm sure he will be fine, just curious how Kitchen's uses Hunt is all. Or if he even knows how to use him. Or even if Baker Mayfield can learn how to play QB. That team is a mess right now.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

there is NO WAY in hell Hunt would be top 5 RB like Chubb is-NO WAY.

Carlos Hyde was the #6 RB through the first four weeks of 2018, before he was traded from Cleveland to Jacksonville.

Just sayin'...

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Carlos Hyde was the #6 RB through the first four weeks of 2018, before he was traded from Cleveland to Jacksonville.

Just sayin'...

Well, Hyde is the GOAT, so its hard to compare with Hunt. :dunno:

Chubb, Hunt, Beckham, Landry, Njoku (day to day)...so many weapons, so little time for Baker to throw to them (Chubb somewhat excluded).  Browns still gonna Brown...

2018 Hyde avg rank based weekly in a non ppr was 21. 

He finshed in the top 12 one week, and that was week number 2. 

He was 17th and 14th and 17th and 31 and 46. 

Chubb avg rank based on non ppr through his first six games is 12. 

He was 25th, and 7th and 14 and 1 and 26 and 1. 

So trying to compare the two Chubb and Hyde just doesn’t work. 

Just saying. 

Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So trying to compare the two Chubb and Hyde just doesn’t work.

Other than the part where Hyde was the #6 RB through the first four weeks of 2018 before he was traded from Cleveland to Jacksonville.

25 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Thanks. 

You're welcome.  Axe Elf is always happy to correct those in need.

Thank you, Axe Elf!

No there is no other then, can’t compare a true rb1 like Chubb to a rb that’s not a true rb1. 

Glad to see you catching up. 

Welcome. 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Just sayin'...

Carlos Hyde averaged 3.4 yards a carry in his 6 games as a Cleveland Brown (all with Kevin Zeitler). Nick Chubb averages 5.2 yards per carry as a Cleveland Brown as Hyde's direct replacement. Not comparable, just saying...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Just sayin'...

#6 ain't top 5................now c'mon man, you KNOW you'd have come back with that one! Good luck this week.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Carlos Hyde averaged 3.4 yards a carry in his 6 games as a Cleveland Brown (all with Kevin Zeitler). Nick Chubb averages 5.2 yards per carry as a Cleveland Brown as Hyde's direct replacement. Not comparable, just saying...

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

No there is no other then, can’t compare a true rb1 like Chubb to a rb that’s not a true rb1. 

Yeah, I'm not comparing the yards per carry of Hyde and Chubb, and I'm not even really comparing Hyde TO Chubb.  I'm more comparing Hyde to Hunt in response to the claim that there's "NO WAY" that Hunt could be a top 5 RB in the Cleveland offense (when Hyde almost was).

That said, Chubb is a RB1 this year, Hunt was an RB1 last year, so if one were to compare the two, there would be no worries about comparing a RB1 to a non-RB1.

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Glad to see you catching up. 

Yeah, you gave me a lot to correct today, but I think I've caught up with all your errors now.

2 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

#6 ain't top 5................now c'mon man, you KNOW you'd have come back with that one! Good luck this week.

And by extension, I think most would agree that Hunt is better than Hyde, so making that final leap from #6 to #5 would seem possible, despite your claim that there is "NO WAY" that Hunt could be a top 5 RB in the Cleveland offense.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

And by extension, I think most would agree that Hunt is better than Hyde, so making that final leap from #6 to #5 would seem possible, despite your claim that there is "NO WAY" that Hunt could be a top 5 RB in the Cleveland offense.

As they say "one in a million" is still a chance, so yes he would have a chance-but Chubb is stronger between the tackles than Hunt, tougher inside runner. Hunt might be a bit more shifty in space. And yes Hunt IS better than Hyde.

22 hours ago, jrokh said:

Yeah, it's been a real drag owning Chubb this year, with his 18 half ppr points a game. If only I had drafted Joe Mixon instead. I might not be in the playoffs, but at least I'd have piece of mind. smh.....

Yeah, because the only comparison is Joe Mixon. 

I personally grabbed Carson and am in first place. Good thing I didn't pick up Mixon or McCoy or Peyton Barber or Frank Gore at second round price. Good thing I was soooo smart.  :rolleyes:

Oh, and Carson doesn't have Hunt in the picture now. Dang, because that would only make him so much better for the rest of the year. Just like Chubb's situation. :lol:

One issue that has not been mentioned I don't think is contract status.  Chubb is on a rookie contract. Hunt is a restricted free agent after this year.  Doubt CLE wants to burn Chubb's confidence/attitude by relegating him for a guy who might only be there for eight games.

In the end, it will probably be somewhere in the middle for the rest of this season, 65%:35% in Chubb's favor. Just enough as a Chubb owner to be annoying and drop him from top 5/6 RB status to low RB1. Hunt will have a good game or two just b/c of variance but won't be a confident flex.

If took away 35% from Chubbs production so far, he would be a mid to low rb2. 

So if he does lose that much of a work load that’s  about where I would value him.  

I’m not sure it we’ll be that high, but maybe. 

6 hours ago, Hair McNair said:

One issue that has not been mentioned I don't think is contract status.  Chubb is on a rookie contract. Hunt is a restricted free agent after this year.  Doubt CLE wants to burn Chubb's confidence/attitude by relegating him for a guy who might only be there for eight games.

In the end, it will probably be somewhere in the middle for the rest of this season, 65%:35% in Chubb's favor. Just enough as a Chubb owner to be annoying and drop him from top 5/6 RB status to low RB1. Hunt will have a good game or two just b/c of variance but won't be a confident flex.

The counter to this is, yes Chubb is on a rookie contract and the Browns have him for several more years.  But they don't want him to go all Zeke on them and hold out for a lot more money before his contract starts expiring.  A good way to do that is by keeping him from being a top 5 RB stat wise.  Reduce his stats by giving Hunt run.  Secondly by reducing the wear and tear on Chubb the odds increase that Chubb will be good in the future.   And if Hunt proves to be decent and the Browns lose him in free agency they might be able to get a compensatory pick for losing him.

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

If took away 35% from Chubbs production so far, he would be a mid to low rb2. 

So if he does lose that much of a work load that’s  about where I would value him.  

I’m not sure it we’ll be that high, but maybe. 

You are not thinking about this correctly.  You would not reduce Chubb' s number by 35%. You would split the combined workload by a 65%:35% ratio. Chubb has played 73% of snaps so far.  So deduct 8% from what he has not 35%, hence he drops from top 5 or so to low RB1.

My plan all along was to start Chubb and Hunt like I'm doing with Kamara and Latavius this week. I didn't draft Hunt but knew the person who did, it would be damn near impossible to keep Hunt on his roster for 10 weeks and other teams would not be able to roster him with byes either. I was able to get him in the garbage pile.

If my plan works I have two low RB1's and two high RB'2 rest of the way. If it doesn't...meh...I still think it was good forward planning. I don't like Hunt but he is going to be used a decent amount. Can't leave a guy with that much skill collecting dust. They got him for a reason.

They got him bc they could get him on a min contract and get a pick when he leaves via free agency (if he doesn't get suspended again).  They bought a draft pick on the cheap, in other words.

They have options with him for sure. Trade I agree, that was likely option 1. Option 2 was they both become a force. If that happens I doubt they trade him. If you look at the good teams they are set up with a couple of strong all purpose RB's. 

1st q: so far chubb with with 8 carries for 51 and 5 gl carries.1 target

hunt 2 rec

12 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

1st q: so far chubb with with 8 carries for 51 and 5 gl carries.1 target

hunt 2 rec

Yeah. Chubb could not get into the endzone after multiple tries. Maybe they were just telegraphing the plays too much.

31 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. Chubb could not get into the endzone after multiple tries. Maybe they were just telegraphing the plays too much.

That was hilarious...  0 yards gained and one dropped pass on like 7 attempts from the one.

Meanwhile Hunt had an 8 yard carry to get them inside the 5.  Looks like they shouldn't be using Chubb as the goalline back, anyway.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That was hilarious...  0 yards gained and one dropped pass on like 7 attempts from the one.

Meanwhile Hunt had an 8 yard carry to get them inside the 5.  Looks like they shouldn't be using Chubb as the goalline back, anyway.

Maybe they just don't know how to use Hunt like coaches would be able to do.

Watching the first half in Cleveland: observations: Hunt looked a little rusty but looks strong. Chubb is a yardage monster will finish in the top 5 in rushing yards easily, barring injury of course. Expect the Browns to utilize both backs at the same time often in the coming weeks. All those who have opined selling either will have egg on face, cough, Jagfan...

16 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Neither setting the world on fire because kitchens runs the worst coaching staff in football 

but both are worth starting. chubb with over 100 yds and 8 gl attempts

hunt has 11 touches (4 rush/7 rec).  both have value.

very nice blocking by hunt fwiw

Hunt showed enough today, he’s going to be someone that’s going to gain more work as this season goes on. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hunt showed enough today, he’s going to be someone that’s going to gain more work as this season goes on. 

Hell yeah.

49 minutes ago, weepaws said:

He definitely will, but not at the expense of Chubb. He will get his 18-20 touches regardless.

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

He definitely will, but not at the expense of Chubb. He will get his 18-20 touches regardless.

I agree, Hunt will get Hilliard's touches. Even Kitchens isn't so dumb as to bench a top 5 RB just to satisfy a handful of fantasy people wanting him to be their savior.

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I watch the games and come away thinking chubb may be their best weapon.   Hunt is definitely very good and will get time,  but I just don't see why Cleveland would want to penalize chubb playing time if he's so good.   Doesn't make sense to me.  And chubb seems like a very good pass blocker as well. 

The hunt owner trying to get chubb from me at a discount.   I don't see a reason to do that 

11 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I watch the games and come away thinking chubb may be their best weapon.   Hunt is definitely very good and will get time,  but I just don't see why Cleveland would want to penalize chubb playing time if he's so good.   Doesn't make sense to me.  And chubb seems like a very good pass blocker as well. 

The hunt owner trying to get chubb from me at a discount.   I don't see a reason to do that 

There are only a handful of players I would trade Chubb for, and no one would confuse them with a discount... 

1 hour ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

HAHA tell him he should've drafted Chubb if he wanted him that bad.

6 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

I agree, Hunt will get Hilliard's touches. Even Kitchens isn't so dumb as to bench a top 5 RB just to satisfy a handful of fantasy people wanting him to be their savior.

I think he gets more work then Hilliard.  

Hillard isn’t even close to the over talent Hunt is, and could be. 

6 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

What’s the offer? 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

What’s the offer? 

Nothing official.   Would be a combo deal.   Trying to sell me on Leveon 

Lol diffently a discount.