huskyhater75

Chubb/Hunt, this oughtta be good..........................

10 minutes ago, JagFan said:

If you’re going to continue to spew your drivel at me you need to start paying attention to what I’ve been saying since August.  Chubb was a DND at his draft price because of the impact Hunt would have oh his touches.  I have never once disputed Chubb’s ability, and would agree with his draft price if not for Hunt (whom I have 0 shares of as well).  There was also the Fat Freddy factor.  So far I’ve been correct 2/3 and you 1/3.  This has never been about the games prior to Hunt.  I don’t know, maybe your league held it’s playoffs in weeks 4,5,6.  Mine aren’t until the end of the season when Chubb will need the Dolphins again to finish top 10.

Ive supplied the data that backs up my position. All you’ve done so far is hang your hat on 1/3 of the games vs all 3.

There’s a simple way to settle this.  A free DFS matchup this coming week. I can promise you I won’t be rostering Chubb against a Def that just held him under 10 fantasy points.  Let’s see if you’re willing to back up your big talk, or cower away like AxeElf.

Good sir, a draft price is based on a season long sample size and Chubb is the OVERALL RB 5. If you drafted Mr. Chubb in the late first or early second round, I can guarantee you are most satisfied with your selection. I hope this will clear up any confusion. While I recognize our disagreement, I respect your opinion and look forward to reading more of your thoughts. Best of luck in the rest of your fantasy season...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Good sir, a draft price is based on a season long sample size and Chubb is the OVERALL RB 5. If you drafted Mr. Chubb in the late first or early second round, I can guarantee you are most satisfied with your selection. I hope this will clear up any confusion. While I recognize our disagreement, I respect your opinion and look forward to reading more of your thoughts. Best of luck in the rest of your fantasy season...

😂 nicely done.  Good luck 

So the Chubbies are still saying Hunt won't affect him a day after Hunt runs one in down by the goal line? Ok then. 

Just heard an interview with Chubb on NFL Radio. 

Chubb was asked what he thinks of having Hunt share the backfield. He answered, "Of course I want to do anything that's needed of me to win, but I love it that I can catch my breath for a few plays, off and on during a game knowing that the guy coming in for me is just as good or maybe even better. Since Kareem joined us we're 3-0, so maybe he was the missing piece. "

35 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Just heard an interview with Chubb on NFL Radio. 

Chubb was asked what he thinks of having Hunt share the backfield. He answered, "Of course I want to do anything that's needed of me to win, but I love it that I can catch my breath for a few plays, off and on during a game knowing that the guy coming in for me is just as good or maybe even better. Since Kareem joined us we're 3-0, so maybe he was the missing piece. "

Sounds like a very unselfish/modest man. 

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

Sounds like a very unselfish/modest man. 

And aware of what's going on around him. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

Let’s see if you’re willing to back up your big talk, or cower away like AxeElf.

Axe Elf has no need to back up big talk, when big talk backs up Axe Elf.

Any misapperception of cowering that you may experience likely represents internal overcompensation for latent feelings of inferiority (which, I might add, are not entirely unwarranted when comparing oneself to Axe Elf).

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Axe Elf has no need to back up big talk, when big talk backs up Axe Elf.

Any misapperception of cowering that you may experience likely represents internal overcompensation for latent feelings of inferiority (which, I might add, are not entirely unwarranted when comparing oneself to Axe Elf).

Dobby never meant to kill. Dobbyonly meant to... just maim or seriously injure. '' '' Dobby has no master, Dobby is a free elf, andDobby has come to save Harry Potter.

11 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Dobby never meant to kill. Dobbyonly meant to... just maim or seriously injure. '' '' Dobby has no master, Dobby is a free elf, andDobby has come to save Harry Potter.

Dissociate much?

21 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Dissociate much?

Dobby only wants to help axeelf and his fantasy football. Dobby understands and will be by axeelf's side all the time. 

On 11/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, jrokh said:

Speaking of clueless the carries count is now Chubb 14: Hunt Zero. 14-4 in touches. For some inexplicable reason Coach Kitchens doesn't value the football advice of the great eagles115:dunno:

:doh:

On 11/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, jrokh said:

Speaking of clueless the carries count is now Chubb 14: Hunt Zero. 14-4 in touches. For some inexplicable reason Coach Kitchens doesn't value the football advice of the great eagles115:dunno:

Let's check in on this week. 

Chubb 16 carries for 58 yards -------  1 reception for 21 yards  ---------- 0 TDs   --------------  8.9 points in a PPR

Hunt 7 carries for 46 yards -------- 5 receptions for 19 yards ---------- 1TD ------------ 17.5 points in a PPR

Hunt has 2 TDs in his last 2 games.

Over the last 4 games:

Hunt 56.3 fantasy points

Chubb 63.6 fantasy points

This is getting fun because if Chubb is some amazing #1 RB, then Hunt must be getting pretty close to being one as well.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Let's check in on this week. 

Chubb 16 carries for 58 yards -------  1 reception for 21 yards  ---------- 0 TDs   --------------  8.9 points in a PPR

Hunt 7 carries for 46 yards -------- 5 receptions for 19 yards ---------- 1TD ------------ 17.5 points in a PPR

Hunt has 2 TDs in his last 2 games.

Over the last 4 games:

Hunt 56.3 fantasy points

Chubb 63.6 fantasy points

This is getting fun because if Chubb is some amazing #1 RB, then Hunt must be getting pretty close to being one as well.

Oh and its week 1 of the fantasy football playoffs. The Browns play the Bengals. Hopefully Hunt does well vs them. he will be my #2 rb this week. pressure ramped up. No bye in this league. You must win 3 straight to take it down. 14 man league, I'm #2 seed. yikes. go hunt

I'm rolling with Chubb and Hunt rest of the way. The matchups are ideal. No reason Chubb can't break a few against those teams. Even the Ravens. Playing both looks like league winners IMO. Browns are about to go off. 

No question Hunt as hurt Chubb and is production, it was a matter of Hunt getting himself back into football shape.  

And I expect to see even more of the same that we saw this past weekend.  

If you own Chubb it’s time to revalue him, as a rb2 and lower ones expectations.   

Worst situation for owners, game flow.  

Week 14&15 why would anyone lower expectations for Chubb. It doesn't get much better than the Bengals and the Cardinals. That was a tough run stopping D in the Steelers last week. Last week was the week to lower expectations. Moving forward, he's going to bust out like he has done all season against inferior run D's. 

4 hours ago, JagFan said:

Yet another week that I’m glad I have zero shares of Chubb.

1,420 total yards, 31 receptions, 7 td in 13 games! 200 fantasy points at an average of 15.4 Fantasy points a game in .5ppr. Yeah, who would want shares of that? I hope for your sake you are not a stock broker or day trader...

9 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Week 14&15 why would anyone lower expectations for Chubb. It doesn't get much better than the Bengals and the Cardinals. That was a tough run stopping D in the Steelers last week. Last week was the week to lower expectations. Moving forward, he's going to bust out like he has done all season against inferior run D's. 

You are correct. The Steelers have hurt Chubb's value way more than Hunt. In fact, Chubb's snaps and touches have gone up since Hunt came back. Luckily for Chubb the Browns don't have to play the Steelers again. Weeks 14 and 15 will be boom weeks for Chubb and maybe both. The only 2 weeks Chubb didn't score in double figures the entire season was against the Steelers. 100 and a TD against the Bungles, book it and enjoy.

• Thanks 1

In PPR they are both start worthy and one of the only ways to handle CMC and Henry owners. I have a feeling with their next two games, both could blow up at the same time like say a Kamara and Ingram from a  couple years ago. 

• Thanks 1

Folks should have expected this during draft night.   No surprise.

No one should be upset taking Chubb though.  He's producing like a top 5 guy for most of the season.

I knew this was coming when I drafted Chubb.

im still starting Chubb. He’s getting 18-25 touches a week. Hunt eats into his ppr value as expected and may vulture here and there but I am still starting Chubb with confidence.

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

You are correct. The Steelers have hurt Chubb's value way more than Hunt. In fact, Chubb's snaps and touches have gone up since Hunt came back. Luckily for Chubb the Browns don't have to play the Steelers again. Weeks 14 and 15 will be boom weeks for Chubb and maybe both. The only 2 weeks Chubb didn't score in double figures the entire season was against the Steelers. 100 and a TD against the Bungles, book it and enjoy.

I agree with both of you, Chubb has been and still is top 5 RB. As far as Hunt, he is shining too but the morons saying that Hunt is better need to realize that he SHOULD be better-he didn't get tackled for over a year while suspended-c'mon! Fresh legs are fresh legs, if Hunt was that much better than Chubb he'd be running for 200 yds/game! Wow, some on here totally amaze me at times.......................................

I gambled knowing the Hunt owner could not hold on to him for 10 weeks. They would get frustrated and dump him which they did. That would be a good stat to know. How many Hunt drafters were able to hold him. I bet it's low.

5 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

I agree with both of you, Chubb has been and still is top 5 RB. As far as Hunt, he is shining too but the morons saying that Hunt is better need to realize that he SHOULD be better-he didn't get tackled for over a year while suspended-c'mon! Fresh legs are fresh legs, if Hunt was that much better than Chubb he'd be running for 200 yds/game! Wow, some on here totally amaze me at times.......................................

200 yards on 7 carries? Interesting.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

200 yards on 7 carries? Interesting.

Proves he isn't what he's being put up to be, thanks for agreeing! Have a good one!

3 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I gambled knowing the Hunt owner could not hold on to him for 10 weeks. They would get frustrated and dump him which they did. That would be a good stat to know. How many Hunt drafters were able to hold him. I bet it's low.

Same in our (Hunt drafted but released) league, I had Chubb but didn't bite on Hunt later, somebody else picked him up week 8, I think. I had Singletary (should've gotten more touches), Barkley (puker), and Damien Williams to suffer through this year, Barkley biggest puker. I bet the "fresh legs" Hunt stat is low too, good point.

Hunt sat on our waiver for a while. I had a spot and said what the heck, sit on him for a week and see but I had not intention of keeping him longer. Did the same with Drake. I picked him up but sat on him for weeks. I just had a strong feeling he was going to get traded.

Ultimate payback because 5 of my players got traded last year at the deadline. Drake won me my week with his blow up game and I now have both and earned the bye. The tables have turned. I have Chubb, Kamara, Hunt, Drake and Latavious. If I pick the right combo I can win this thing.   

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

1,420 total yards, 31 receptions, 7 td in 13 games! 200 fantasy points at an average of 15.4 Fantasy points a game in .5ppr. Yeah, who would want shares of that? I hope for your sake you are not a stock broker or day trader...

Not me.  Playoffs starting, and he’s had one game worth starting since Hunt has been active.

20 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Not me.  Playoffs starting, and he’s had one game worth starting since Hunt has been active.

So in your "expert", "professional" opinion, you Jag fan are recommending to all the Chubb owners out there that they sit him this week against Cincinnati in week 1 of the playoffs? 

People are pissed these two RB's can roll with the best of them in the playoffs with their schedule which they can and probably will. That is where this demeaning them comes into play. It's nothing more than that because both are fine RB's. One has racked up over 1K yards and the other is a former MVP. Took a lot of patience to make it through the muck with them but if you did, you are in outstanding shape.  

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

So in your "expert", "professional" opinion, you Jag fan are recommending to all the Chubb owners out there that they sit him this week against Cincinnati in week 1 of the playoffs? 

No.  I recommended not to draft him in August.  Then I recommended that those who did draft him to trade him in October before his value dropped.  And now I would recommend that those who still own him play him the rest of the way because you believe in him.  If your title is awarded in week 14, you’re in good shape.  Week 15 will be an issue for you.  

clear?

7 minutes ago, JagFan said:

No.  I recommended not to draft him in August.  Then I recommended that those who did draft him to trade him in October before his value dropped.  And now I would recommend that those who still own him play him the rest of the way because you believe in him.  If your title is awarded in week 14, you’re in good shape.  Week 15 will be an issue for you.  

clear?

Not at all, are you now suggesting that the fearsome Arizona Defense will be an issue for Chubb owners in week 15?

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Not at all, are you now suggesting that the fearsome Arizona Defense will be an issue for Chubb owners in week 15?

I stand corrected.  I didn’t look at the schedule.  I was referring to the Baltimore match-up which is week 16.  If your title is awarded in week 14 or 15 you’ll be fine.  Is it?

1 minute ago, JagFan said:

I stand corrected.  I didn’t look at the schedule.  I was referring to the Baltimore match-up which is week 16.  If your title is awarded in week 14 or 15 you’ll be fine.  Is it?

Oh, I finally get your point. Nick Chubb after finishing the fantasy regular season as the #7 overall RB (1 measly point behind Zeke for the record), carries his owners to the Championship game, where then his owners will regret having him. BRILLIANT!!!

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Oh, I finally get your point. Nick Chubb after finishing the fantasy regular season as the #7 overall RB (1 measly point behind Zeke for the record), carries his owners to the Championship game, where then his owners will regret having him. BRILLIANT!!!

Exactly

2 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Exactly

Alright man, at least you made me laugh. Cheers 🍻 

34 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Alright man, at least you made me laugh. Cheers 🍻 

Cheers brother!

Chubb 15.7 today in a PPR

Hunt 14.8

Looks like Hunt is totally eating into Chubby's production.