huskyhater75

Chubb/Hunt, this oughtta be good..........................

Yawn.. looks like utillit has morphed back into Sderk. All we need is seafoam for the triple lindy!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yawn.. looks like utillit has morphed back into Sderk. All we need is seafoam for the triple lindy!

Call names all you want and be wound up tight as can be in all of your posts, but Bears won!! Giants about to do what they do. 

And Hunt kick's ass. No doubt about it. :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, sderk said:

Call names all you want and be wound up tight as can be in all of your posts, but Bears won!! Giants about to do what they do. 

And Hunt kick's ass. No doubt about it. :thumbsup:

They are your names, you chose them. If you regard them negatively pick ones you like better. Bears aren't making the playoffs, but congrats on winning a game. Oh, Chubb leads the NFL in Rushing. but yeah great point foamy!

15 minutes ago, jrokh said:

They are your names, you chose them. If you regard them negatively pick ones you like better. Bears aren't making the playoffs, but congrats on winning a game. Oh, Chubb leads the NFL in Rushing. but yeah great point foamy!

And you are weepaws. You chose it. God bless you. Happy happy joy joy. You can't stay on the subject of FF cause you have nothing else in life. Go Bears!!  :banana:

• Like 1

still bitter because your stuck in Jersey eh seafoam? Get over it already...

8 minutes ago, jrokh said:

still bitter because your stuck in Jersey eh seafoam? Get over it already...

Ok weepaws. You can't afford a tv and you start projecting your life on others.

And I am living well and the Giants still suck. :clap: 

Oh, and Go Hunt!! Best back on Cleveland.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sderk said:

Chubb 15.7 today in a PPR

Hunt 14.8

Looks like Hunt is totally eating into Chubby's production.

Yes, I would say that cutting it in half qualifies as "eating into it."

59 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yes, I would say that cutting it in half qualifies as "eating into it."

Some here don't see it that way.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  

Hunt is a well continue to bite into the Chubbs total weekly fff points.  

It’s just what it is.  

I'd still take Chubb over Hunt, Chubb (kinda like me) isn't such a simpleton he gets suspended for TEN games like Hunt.................and you guys are for Hunt? Hmmmmmmmm 

It’s only 2:00cst and I’ve already destroyed the Chubb owner in my big money league.  I hate to say I told you so...but...

36 minutes ago, JagFan said:

It’s only 2:00cst and I’ve already destroyed the Chubb owner in my big money league.  I hate to say I told you so...but...

Lesson time (1) Cleveland is playing Baltimore today, who will probably make it to SB, and lesson (2) I bet the Hunt owner got beat today too................so what's your point?

23 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Lesson time (1) Cleveland is playing Baltimore today, who will probably make it to SB, and lesson (2) I bet the Hunt owner got beat today too................so what's your point?

My point?  The same as it was in August.  Don’t draft either.  I’ve been saying that from the beginning.  Draft for championships, not mid-season kudos.  That’s still my point.  Make sense now?

49 minutes ago, JagFan said:

My point?  The same as it was in August.  Don’t draft either.  I’ve been saying that from the beginning.  Draft for championships, not mid-season kudos.  That’s still my point.  Make sense now?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not really, Hunt will probably be traded for an o-lineman in offseason. I'll still take Chubb, better, more powerful RB. How'd the Hunt owner do today?

18 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not really, Hunt will probably be traded for an o-lineman in offseason. I'll still take Chubb, better, more powerful RB. How'd the Hunt owner do today?

I’m sure he didn’t do well either.  Again, my point.  And if Hunt gets traded, I might draft Chubb next year in the second round.  He’d be worth that pick.  Understand now?  If you don’t, you’re more than welcome to go back and look at weekly stats.  Focus on this week though.  Then you’ll get it.

also, let me know how many fantasy points Hunt owners get for that trade.  Since this forum is all about the fake football.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

Hunt's a better back. More versitile. Will have to see if he stays or where he may land.

• Thanks 1

Chubb with a stinker today to go with 2 just ok games and he still finished in the top 10 in my league. I'm gonna say that's not too bad. 

• Like 1

I don’t agree that Chubb wasn’t worth a draft pick.  

If your team made the playoffs he’s diffently helped.  

Makes no since.  

Thank you. 

• Like 1

He played one of the best defense in football yesterday.

A lot of players under performed against great matchups too.

For example, Hopkins & Carson.

• Thanks 1

This is fake football, and we play for money.  Chubb’s stats are a moral victory for those that drafted him.  But the money...I got it!

Moral victory, huh? Your posts while drooling over Hunt's poster are moral victories .....................maybe for the women on tv that think men actually listen to them try and tell us about football-that's a good/great comparison.

On 12/23/2019 at 10:33 AM, Skinny_Bastard said:

He played one of the best defense in football yesterday.

A lot of players under performed against great matchups too.

For example, Hopkins & Carson.

Carson was knocked out of the game early with injury. Doesn't count.

Those who avoided Chubb because they thought that the return of Hunt would undermine Chubb's value down the stretch were vindicated.  Chubb was the #6 PPR RB in Weeks 1-9, but he was the #15 PPR RB in Weeks 10-17.

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Those who avoided Chubb because they thought that the return of Hunt would undermine Chubb's value down the stretch were vindicated.  Chubb was the #6 PPR RB in Weeks 1-9, but he was the #15 PPR RB in Weeks 10-17.

Nonsense. Those that passed up Chubb in the second round on draft day lost out on a top ten RB. All that matters is what he finished overall. Those who drafted Chubb at the end of Round 1 beginning of round 2 were the ones vindicated. As usual Gnome your backwards logic only works in the Fantasy World where you and the rest of the Elves inhabit...

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Nonsense. Those that passed up Chubb in the second round on draft day lost out on a top ten RB. All that matters is what he finished overall. Those who drafted Chubb at the end of Round 1 beginning of round 2 were the ones vindicated. As usual Gnome your backwards logic only works in the Fantasy World where you and the rest of the Elves inhabit...

Better words were never spoken.

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

All that matters is what he finished overall. 

This is probly obvious to those whose electroencephalographs haven't flatlined, but in determining whether or not Chubb's value would decrease with the return of Hunt, Chubb's overall finish is not "all that matters"; in fact, it is completely irrelevant.

What is relevant is Chubb's performance before Hunt returned compared to Chubb's performance after Hunt returned; i.e, RB6 vs RB15.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

This is probly obvious to those whose electroencephalographs haven't flatlined, but in determining whether or not Chubb's value would decrease with the return of Hunt, Chubb's overall finish is not "all that matters"; in fact, it is completely irrelevant.

What is relevant is Chubb's performance before Hunt returned compared to Chubb's performance after Hunt returned; i.e, RB6 vs RB15.

Only relevant to the few who were contemplating trading Chubb around the deadline. For the overwhelming majority who had to make the decision on Draft Day, the overall performance is what matters. The Chubb drafters were vindicated in this regard. Once again Gnome, You Lose...

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

Only relevant to the few who were contemplating trading Chubb around the deadline. For the overwhelming majority who had to make the decision on Draft Day, the overall performance is what matters. The Chubb drafters were vindicated in this regard. Once again Gnome, You Lose...

Not the topic of this conversation.  Once again, you're irrelevant.

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Expect for week ten when he was 14th , and week 12 when he was 4th, and week 15th when he was 7th. 

Thanks. 

Happy New Year 

On 1/2/2020 at 12:53 PM, AxeElf said:

can you copy/paste the top 20 lists before/after you are using here?

1 hour ago, cavern said:

can you copy/paste the top 20 lists before/after you are using here?

I find Fantasy Pros to be a good quick reference for both standard and PPR scoring, filterable by position and any week or stretch of weeks, and sortable by total points or points-per-game averages.

Fantasy Pros Fantasy Stats

50 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I find Fantasy Pros to be a good quick reference for both standard and PPR scoring, filterable by position and any week or stretch of weeks, and sortable by total points or points-per-game averages.

Fantasy Pros Fantasy Stats

thanks.  i just wanted to make sure we were looking at the same lists.  not sure i wholly agree with the "vindicated" since Chubb dropped to 15 after Hunt arrived.  of the two top 10 lists in question (weeks 1-9 and 10-17) only 5 rb's managed to be in both top 10 lists (CMAC, Ekeler, Jones, Zeke, Henry).  Given that CMAC and Zeke were picked ahead of Chubb in drafts anyways - it's a VERY small group of runningbacks that were more consistent than chubb over the long haul.  if someone is saying "I had the opportunity to take chubb and, instead i took (ekeler, jones, or henry)" then hats off to that person.  but most of the alternatives were less consistent - probably mostly due to injuries to others while chubb stayed well this year - but the "why" hardly matters.  That's why his overall ranking for the whole year only dropped 2 spots, to rb8 for weeks 1-17 - other runningbacks were even less consistent.

looking at the situation a different way - chubb was a rb 2 for me (and for many).  so the rb6 for the first half of the year i got rb1 value for my rb2 selection.  for the 2nd half, i got solid rb2 production, or what i bargained for when making my initial selection.  so the overall investment was a very good one.

24 minutes ago, cavern said:

thanks.  i just wanted to make sure we were looking at the same lists.  not sure i wholly agree with the "vindicated" since Chubb dropped to 15 after Hunt arrived.  of the two top 10 lists in question (weeks 1-9 and 10-17) only 5 rb's managed to be in both top 10 lists (CMAC, Ekeler, Jones, Zeke, Henry).  Given that CMAC and Zeke were picked ahead of Chubb in drafts anyways - it's a VERY small group of runningbacks that were more consistent than chubb over the long haul.  if someone is saying "I had the opportunity to take chubb and, instead i took (ekeler, jones, or henry)" then hats off to that person.  but most of the alternatives were less consistent - probably mostly due to injuries to others while chubb stayed well this year - but the "why" hardly matters.  That's why his overall ranking for the whole year only dropped 2 spots, to rb8 for weeks 1-17 - other runningbacks were even less consistent.

looking at the situation a different way - chubb was a rb 2 for me (and for many).  so the rb6 for the first half of the year i got rb1 value for my rb2 selection.  for the 2nd half, i got solid rb2 production, or what i bargained for when making my initial selection.  so the overall investment was a very good one.

I don't think anyone can argue that Chubb wasn't a solid pick in the mid-2nd round, that he wasn't a good fantasy RB in general, or that other RBs weren't less reliable than Chubb.  All of those things, though, are topics for another thread, another conversation.

THIS conversation concerns how the return of Hunt would affect Chubb's fantasy value, and the stats say that it dropped him from the RB6 in Weeks 1-9 to the RB15 in Weeks 10-17, that's all.

If you want to argue a different point (and it seems that several of you do), then make a different thread, but THIS conversation has been settled in favor of those who believed that Chubb's value would be adversely affected by the return of Hunt.

You are glossing over the many who predicted not that Hunt would affect Chubb's value, but rather Hunt would Usurp Chubb as the lead back and relegate Chubb to mostly a backup. You are also confusing/conflating the original argument that Hunt's return would result in less snaps and touches for Chubb. In fact Chubb's Snaps went up and his touches were virtually the same. There was almost no one who was predicting or positing that Chubb's workload would remain the same but his production would modestly decrease. In other words the argument was cause and effect. Hunt would affect Chubb's playing time and touches, thus his production would suffer. That is not what happened. It is entirely possible that other variables like schedule, were more responsible for the decreased production than Hunt's return....

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I don't think anyone can argue that Chubb wasn't a solid pick in the mid-2nd round, that he wasn't a good fantasy RB in general, or that other RBs weren't less reliable than Chubb.  All of those things, though, are topics for another thread, another conversation.

THIS conversation concerns how the return of Hunt would affect Chubb's fantasy value, and the stats say that it dropped him from the RB6 in Weeks 1-9 to the RB15 in Weeks 10-17, that's all.

If you want to argue a different point (and it seems that several of you do), then make a different thread, but THIS conversation has been settled in favor of those who believed that Chubb's value would be adversely affected by the return of Hunt.

no, you said "avoided chubb because...".  my point is these people probably got someone less reliable

17 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You are glossing over the many who predicted not that Hunt would affect Chubb's value, but rather Hunt would Usurp Chubb as the lead back and relegate Chubb to mostly a backup. 

Well, for the sake of thoroughness, let's remedy that omission right now.  Those who predicted that Hunt would usurp Chubb as the lead back and relegate Chubb to mostly a backup were proven wrong.

19 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You are also confusing/conflating the original argument that Hunt's return would result in less snaps and touches for Chubb. 

Well, for the sake of clarity, let's remedy that confusion right now.  Those who predicted that Hunt's return would result in less snaps and touches for Chubb were proven wrong.

However, those who predicted that Chubb's fantasy production would decline after Hunt returned were proven correct, which is what I said originally, and what I have been trying to explain to the board's fuzzy cogitators for several posts now.

...and that brings us back to DOH!

5 minutes ago, cavern said:

no, you said "avoided chubb because...".  my point is these people probably got someone less reliable

They were still proven correct in their REASON for avoiding Chubb (that part that comes after "avoided Chubb because..."; i.e., that Chubb's fantasy production would decrease after the return of Hunt), which was the point I was making.

Whether or not they made a better choice than Chubb after avoiding him is beyond the scope of my statement.  I'm sure that some did, and that some did not.