Big Guy

At least 9 Americans killed in Mexico drug cartel attack

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

Right, I don't think they "want" to bring in drug dealers per se....but I don't think they care to attempt to ferret out who is and is not a criminal either. They seem to oppose reasonable constraints as being racist or something....

:nono:

Everybody has a right to come here and take advantage of the fruits of the labor of those who came here before them. Its not about contributing, its about the American taxpayer providing a better life for your kids. 

I'm just putting this here to watch later........some might find it interesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Everybody has a right to come here and take advantage of the fruits of the labor of those who came here before them. Its not about contributing, its about the American taxpayer providing a better life for your kids. 

Crap, I forgot that we owe Mayan descendants some sh!t, have we paid that off yet?

1 hour ago, Strike said:

What the hell does this even mean?  Are you suggesting this wasn't simply a massacre of 9 innocent people?

Why would you curse me because I suggested reading more about the story? Why would you suggest that I meant it wasn't a massacre of innocent people because I suggested you read more about the story? I simply meant that there is more to the story. They have had run ins before with the cartels. It may be revenge shooting because they've protected themselves and asked for government help in the past.

You guys bring a lot of baggage to my posts. I write the simplest sentences and you all make up these grand stories in your head filled with so many ridiculous assumptions. I just simply meant, this is not a story about some random Mormon people driving by that got killed. This family has lived on the land for years and were targeted by the cartel. It wasn't a mistake, I believe.

The news is making it seem like there is a drug war going on and these people were caught in crossfire. I think there may be more to the story so read up on it.

• Like 1

I'd love to know what you thought I meant....

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

I provided a great life for my American  kid. Take care of your own, and if you don't have the means to do just that, don't have kids. If you want to give to specific charities, do it. Pick them wisely and let's not have US taxes be a part of those "charities".

22 minutes ago, peenie said:

Why would you curse me because I suggested reading more about the story? Why would you suggest that I meant it wasn't a massacre of innocent people because I suggested you read more about the story? I simply meant that there is more to the story. They have had run ins before with the cartels. It may be revenge shooting because they've protected themselves and asked for government help in the past.

That isn't any more than matters.  The bottom line is these were peaceful people just trying to live their lives and they were ambushed and slaughtered.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Crap, I forgot that we owe Mayan descendants some sh!t, have we paid that off yet?

Sadly, that is a debt than can never be repaid. We must allow as many as want to freely cross our border in perpetuity. :(

32 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I provided a great life for my American  kid. Take care of your own, and if you don't have the means to do just that, don't have kids. If you want to give to specific charities, do it. Pick them wisely and let's not have US taxes be a part of those "charities".

Racist. :thumbsdown:

31 minutes ago, Strike said:

That isn't any more than matters.  The bottom line is these were peaceful people just trying to live their lives and they were ambushed and slaughtered.

I don't think my post takes away from that point. I think you have anger issues.

Just now, peenie said:

I don't think my post takes away from that point. I think you have anger issues.

Wouldn't I have to be angry to have anger issues?

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Wouldn't I have to be angry to have anger issues?

Your words were angry.

35 minutes ago, peenie said:

Your words were angry.

Your interpretation.  It's sad that just like you look for racism in any news story that involves AA's, you look for racism/hatred in any post on a low rent fantasy football message board.  I'll pray for you.

Pretty obvious this is connected to the Mormon Mafia...I've seen it a thousand times. Probably to do with the golden plates if I had to guess.

Based on the headline, I expected it to be a resort that got attacked.... but "Mormons who had been living in Mexico for decades and spoke out against drug cartels" ???   Interesting story, but hard to muster much sympathy.

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Racist. :thumbsdown:

What if he changes his mind and agrees, then he is all good right? Just so long as he agrees, since there can only be one point of view.....

33 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Based on the headline, I expected it to be a resort that got attacked.... but "Mormons who had been living in Mexico for decades and spoke out against drug cartels" ???   Interesting story, but hard to muster much sympathy.

EXACTLY!!!!!! That is what you imagine. I thought this was some tourist family or possibly a family that recently moved to Mexico. That is why I suggested to read further. I'm not blaming the victim but just hearing the news story, you kind of think there was a shoot out and they were accidentally in the middle or perhaps one cartel thought they were part of another cartel. Knowing the background makes you think, hmm, the drug cartel retaliated against this family for getting the government involved.

My hope is that both Mexico and the United States will do more to protect it's innocent citizens.

23 minutes ago, RLLD said:

What if he changes his mind and agrees, then he is all good right? Just so long as he agrees, since there can only be one point of view.....

I suppose that would be acceptable. Although, his chances of being forgiven for his filthy racism would improve if he donated the cost of a cup of coffee to Sally Struthers to save starving children in South America. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Your interpretation.  It's sad that just like you look for racism in any news story that involves AA's, you look for racism/hatred in any post on a low rent fantasy football message board.  I'll pray for you.

Pray for yourself because clearly you have no self-awareness:

What the hell does this even mean?  Are you suggesting this wasn't simply a massacre of 9 innocent people?

4 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I'm just putting this here to watch later........some might find it interesting.

WOW...I never knew this...that is intense

8 hours ago, Big Guy said:

That was very good,has me wondering if the Netflix series Narcos will touch on any of this as it would make for another good season.

4 hours ago, peenie said:

Pray for yourself because clearly you have no self-awareness:

It's almost like you've never read a single post you've ever made. 

22 minutes ago, nzoner said:

That was very good,has me wondering if the Netflix series Narcos will touch on any of this as it would make for another good season.

I watched it too. Makes me think there's more to this story than anyone will let on.

Can make all the gun laws you want, If the majority of people in a region have dark skin it will be a cesspool of crime. Name one exception.

11 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I watched it too. Makes me think there's more to this story than anyone will let on.

But when I make a comment to read to get more info, I'm attacked.

13 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

It's almost like you've never read a single post you've ever made. 

What does this mean exactly? You mean, you've decided to comment ^^^ because you think it's okay that 3 posters felt my post to read for more information on this topic was implying that I thought it was okay that 9 people were killed? You think my post deserved to be questioned with cursing? You decided to make a complaint about my posting style instead of Strike's over zealous reaction??

5 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Can make all the gun laws you want, If the majority of people in a region have dark skin it will be a cesspool of crime. Name one exception.

:bench:

21 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Watched the entire thing last night.  It was interesting.  :cheers:

8 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Watched the entire thing last night.  It was interesting.  :cheers:

Amazing how interested Vice was in Romney and not fast and furious. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Amazing interested vice was in Romney and not fast and furious. 

Did you watch it?

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Did you watch it?

Yes. Years ago. I used to watch it all the time until the libtarded got unbearable. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes. Years ago. I used to watch it all the time until the libtarded got unbearable. 

They didn't spend a lot of time on Romney.  They did talk about the massive failure of Fast and Furious...though it was fairly brief.  I knew next to nothing about the rift between the Mormons and Mexican drug cartel before watching the video.

18 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

They didn't spend a lot of time on Romney.  They did talk about the massive failure of Fast and Furious...though it was fairly brief.  I knew next to nothing about the rift between the Mormons and Mexican drug cartel before watching the video.

Romney was the hook 

2 hours ago, peenie said:

What does this mean exactly? You mean, you've decided to comment ^^^ because you think it's okay that 3 posters felt my post to read for more information on this topic was implying that I thought it was okay that 9 people were killed? You think my post deserved to be questioned with cursing? You decided to make a complaint about my posting style instead of Strike's over zealous reaction??

Stop it with the cursing accusation.  When someone says "What the hell......" it is being used to be emphatic.  No one cursed you out.  If you can't handle someone saying "what the hell" about something you post you might want to find another bored to post on. 

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

Stop it with the cursing accusation.  When someone says "What the hell......" it is being used to be emphatic.  No one cursed you out.  If you can't handle someone saying "what the hell" about something you post you might want to find another bored to post on. 

Really? At this point do you honestly think I'm going anywhere? Trust me, you're more likely to leave than me. I'm just wondering how people skip over your post to question me. I say, "hey, read more on this topic..." and yet here I am defending myself. For what??

On 11/6/2019 at 9:14 PM, Cdub100 said:

Yeah. These people were even dumber that I thought. 

On 11/7/2019 at 2:46 AM, tanatastic said:

Change "crime" to "dysfunctional corruption" and you're spot on. Darker countries are poorer with fewer resources to spread around.  The crime of which you speak is the result of an unfair allocation of those resources by corrupt government officials.  Rich countries have functional corruption and do a better job of allocation and the crime is limited to areas of the very poor.