Big Guy

At least 9 Americans killed in Mexico drug cartel attack

12 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Change "crime" to "dysfunctional corruption" and you're spot on. Darker countries are poorer with fewer resources to spread around.  The crime of which you speak is the result of an unfair allocation of those resources by corrupt government officials.  Rich countries have functional corruption and do a better job of allocation and the crime is limited to areas of the very poor.  

This is an academic lie told for the sake of equity in the difference races. The fact is places like Africa are rich in resources (something the Chinese are exploiting with relative ease) however the local populance does not have the intelligence nor the understanding to harness those resources.

I would also argue crime is a result of low intelligence not the availability of resources. A POS person will always be a POS person no matter how much access to resources they have.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

This is an academic lie told for the sake of equity in the difference races. The fact is places like Africa are rich in resources (something the Chinese are exploiting with relative ease) however the local populance does not have the intelligence nor the understanding to harness those resources.

I would also argue crime is a result of low intelligence not the availability of resources. A POS person will always be a POS person no matter how much access to resources they have.

Resources are not what's in the ground, they are what's readily available.  And that dysfunctional corruption is a part of a country allowing any resources to leave.  In the nature vs nurture argument, it's mostly nurture, but, yes, nature is in there.  Still, it is usually the smart, rich leaders that start wars and the poor uneducated that fight them. 

59 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Rich countries have functional corruption and do a better job of allocation and the crime is limited to areas of the very poor.  

Or, the crime is considered legal.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:46 AM, tanatastic said:

Can make all the gun laws you want, If the majority of people in a region have dark skin it will be a cesspool of crime. Name one exception.

I think it has less to do with how they look so much as the policies of their democrat-dominated local governments to subjugate them, the Dems have done a rather stellar job of building a system that delivers votes by harming people.

17 minutes ago, peenie said:

Or, the crime is considered legal.

peenie you can scream that from the highest mountain and see how far you get.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Resources are not what's in the ground, they are what's readily available.  And that dysfunctional corruption is a part of a country allowing any resources to leave.  In the nature vs nurture argument, it's mostly nurture, but, yes, nature is in there.  Still, it is usually the smart, rich leaders that start wars and the poor uneducated that fight them. 

Africa has resources in the ground and readily available. The continent has a range of climate diversity. Every other race has been able to extract those resources to some degree except one. I also disagree it's mostly nurture. studies of adopted children prove that nature has a larger degree effect on future potential than nurture.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Every other race has been able to extract those resources to some degree except one.

First, there is only 1 race.

Second, perhaps, the people living on the land were doing fine with the resources left in the earth. When you consider all the pollution in the air and water and all the plastic and garbage floating in the sea and in our soil, how better off in the sum total of things are we if our food sources are now destroyed in the name of convenience?

33 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I also disagree it's mostly nurture. studies of adopted children prove that nature has a larger degree effect on future potential than nurture.

Are you just like your Mom and Dad or siblings? I'd argue that your lifetime classmates will probably have more in common with you than your cousin that shares your DNA.

Is Eli as talented as Peyton? If either were born in a non-sports family would they be as successful?

Genes don't just get passed down, they mix with each other (recombination).

1 hour ago, peenie said:

First, there is only 1 race.

Second, perhaps, the people living on the land were doing fine with the resources left in the earth. When you consider all the pollution in the air and water and all the plastic and garbage floating in the sea and in our soil, how better off in the sum total of things are we if our food sources are now destroyed in the name of convenience?

None of what you said is remotely true.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Are you just like your Mom and Dad or siblings? I'd argue that your lifetime classmates will probably have more in common with you than your cousin that shares your DNA.

Is Eli as talented as Peyton? If either were born in a non-sports family would they be as successful?

Genes don't just get passed down, they mix with each other (recombination).

You need to read a science book because you're talking gibberish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Change "crime" to "dysfunctional corruption" and you're spot on. Darker countries are poorer with fewer resources to spread around.  The crime of which you speak is the result of an unfair allocation of those resources by corrupt government officials.  Rich countries have functional corruption and do a better job of allocation and the crime is limited to areas of the very poor.  

While this approach makes some logical sense it does not give me the benefit of feeling smugly superior for having been born into the White race :thumbsdown:

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

While this approach makes some logical sense it does not give me the benefit of feeling smugly superior for having been born into the White race :thumbsdown:

Don't sweat it, at some point today it will happen.  

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

You need to read a science book because you're talking gibberish.

Considering I have a biology degree and I work as a scientist, perhaps it's you that needs to pick up a book. How many graduate level genetics classes have you taken?

I may not know many things but I do know there is only 1 race.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

Considering I have a biology degree and I work as a scientist, perhaps it's you that needs to pick up a book. How many graduate level genetics classes have you taken?

But that’s not possible, because if there’s only one race then mine cannot be superior to others, which is simply  incorrect.

• Haha 2

I just don't understand how you all don't see that you all are obsessed with putting others down via physical appearance.

You say the darker races are criminal and point to their drug selling and murder. You completely overlook the fact that the reason these Mormons moved out of the United States is because they were and are still criminals. Plural marriage is illegal and owning guns in Mexico is illegal.  I'm not for the drug selling murdering cartel. It is a heartbreaking situation and I only hope the American and Mexican government intervene. However, casting stones at people because they're dark skinned or simply different looking than you or coming from different culture is wrong and simplistic.

Who is selling these guns to the Mexicans? What banks and governments are profiting from the drugs. Plenty of people that look just like you are equally guilty as those men who shot up that family.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, peenie said:

How is racism possible if there's only 1 race?

39 minutes ago, peenie said:

Pow.

Veal.

39 minutes ago, peenie said:

I just don't understand how you all don't see that you 

Who is selling these guns to the Mexicans? What banks and governments are profiting from the drugs. Plenty of people that look just like you are equally guilty as those men who shot up that family.

They got a lot of the good ones from Obama.  

Can all the super duper smart science people let every single census bureau in the entire world know there is no such thing as race?

😂 

tHeRe Is OnLy OnE rAcE bRo

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Can all the super duper smart science people let every single census bureau in the entire world know there is no such thing as race?

😂 

tHeRe Is OnLy OnE rAcE bRo

Its awesome we'll never have to hear about racism again. It cant exist! Thanks peenie!

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Its awesome we'll never have to hear about racism again. It cant exist! Thanks peenie!

I guess they never taught her about the different haplogroups

Just because man made it up doesn't mean it exists in biology.

Race is a social construct, not a biological one. Kind of like how Bruce Jenner believes he's a woman now. Sure, in society you can be a woman, but your chromosomes say different.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Have you seen Frank M around? He was a scientist too. Until Trump won. Then he became a wuss. 

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

Race is a social construct, not a biological one. Kind of like how Bruce Jenner believes he's a woman now. Sure, in society you can be a woman, but your chromosomes say different.

The study of haplogroups is biology, wtf are you talking about?

If you actually have a biology degree and you are preaching this nonsense that’s actually pathetic. 

And this is why you don’t go to DeVry kids. 

The study of haplogroups is biology, wtf are you talking about?

If you actually have a biology degree and you are preaching this nonsense that’s actually pathetic. 

And this is why you don’t go to DeVry kids. 

Why don't you educate us about race and haplogroups? 

9 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

😂

I'm still waiting...an emoji isn't an explanation. You see, when I want to make a point, I don't simply put down or laugh at another person's comments, I have an actual opinion or fact. Please educate me about race and haplogroups. You see, I am familiar with haplotyping because I did that as a career for 6 years. I also have 3 papers, one in Nature about haplotyping. Feel free to educate ME about haplogroups and race.

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

I'm still waiting...an emoji isn't an explanation. You see, when I want to make a point, I don't simply put down or laugh at another person's comments, I have an actual opinion or fact. Please educate me about race and haplogroups. You see, I am familiar with haplotyping because I did that as a career for 6 years. I also have 3 papers, one in Nature about haplotyping. Feel free to educate ME about haplogroups and race.

Well I’m specifically talking about mitochondrial DNA haplogroups, have you studied that? If you had you’d know there are certain mtDNA which are almost exclusive to their race. Which is how scientists are able to tell what race someone is by their DNA. 

tHeRe Is OnLy OnE rAcE 😂

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

But that’s not possible, because if there’s only one race then mine cannot be superior to others, which is simply  incorrect.

Man, you guys straight to the extremes don't you? That white guilt must be killing you. Dude it's okay to be white. We are actually pretty good at a lot of things. Just like black people (in general) are better at other things, ditto for Asians and Jews, and other races. We are not all the same. We are all not equal. 

9 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Well I’m specifically talking about mitochondrial DNA haplogroups, have you studied that? If you had you’d know there are certain mtDNA which are almost exclusive to their race. Which is how scientists are able to tell what race someone is by their DNA. 

tHeRe Is OnLy OnE rAcE 😂

The human race is the only race. Mitochondrial DNA is inherited through the mother. Still, there is no such thing as race other than the human race. We all share the same genetics. The differences between us would not be separated by light skin or blue eyes or straight hair or by location. The most genetically separated people are located inside of Africa.

46 minutes ago, peenie said:

It 100% is a biological one. You can tell the difference between black, white, Asian, peoples bones, our skin, and eyes are different, our hair is different, our brains are different.  I mean Jesus Christ, If what you say is true about being a biologist you must be really bad at your job. 

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Man, you guys straight to the extremes don't you? That white guilt must be killing you. Dude it's okay to be white. We are actually pretty good at a lot of things. Just like black people (in general) are better at other things, ditto for Asians and Jews, and other races. We are not all the same. We are all not equal. 

Culturally, yes, we are different. Yes, there are traits that run in families. However, black, Asian and Jew..Jewish is a religion. There are Ehtiopian Jews.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

It 100% is a biological one. You can tell the difference between black, white, Asian, peoples bones, our skin, and eyes are different, our hair is different, our brains are different.  I mean Jesus Christ, If what you say is true about being a biologist you must be really bad at your job. 

Okay, sort these people according to their race:

https://www.pbs.org/race/002_SortingPeople/002_01-sort.htm

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

The human race is the only race. Mitochondrial DNA is inherited through the mother. Still, there is no such thing as race other than the human race. We all share the same genetics. The differences between us would not be separated by light skin or blue eyes or straight hair or by location. The most genetically separated people are located inside of Africa.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t think you are a biologist. I’m calling bullish!t.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Culturally, yes, we are different. Yes, there are traits that run in families. However, black, Asian and Jew..Jewish is a religion. There are Ehtiopian Jews.

You should stop telling people you're a biologist. Because it's very clear you don't know very basic stuff I'm talk freshman biology class here. You're embarrassing yourself.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

You should stop telling people you're a biologist. Because it's very clear you don't know very basic stuff I'm talk freshman biology class here. You're embarrassing yourself.

Maybe it’s like when paralegals say they are attorneys? 
😂

Maybe it’s like when paralegals say they are attorneys? 
😂

More like the cleaning maid telling people she works in a law firm.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't have to prove myself to you. The basic stuff you're talking about is subjective not based in science at all. All human beings share the same DNA. We wouldn't be able to have children with one another if we were different. The differences that you are mentioning exist in all groups. We have been moving and mixing with each other for all times. We share the same the genes. We are 99.9% the same.