Sign in to follow this  
pipeman

Edmonds still worth a roster slot?

With DJ's return, and Drake's big splash in his debut, do you guys thinks Edmonds is worthy of a roster spot in leagues that don't allow much roster depth?

DJ, The Drake, Edmunds.....

18-team leagues, perhaps

I'm more curious iF DJ is worth a spot? I know he's worth a spot but how much will he be used.  With the injury and Drake I see no reason to give him a full work load.  

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

I'm more curious iF DJ is worth a spot? I know he's worth a spot but how much will he be used.  With the injury and Drake I see no reason to give him a full work load.  

Don't overreact to Drake's one game. He's still the same Kenyan Drake who has been unable to beat out Jay Ajayi, Frank Gore, Damien Williams, Kalen Ballage and Mark Walton for RB1 duties.

Bigger worry over the next few weeks is the schedule. Tampa, SF (at home and probably pissed off about last week) and then a bye.

4 hours ago, zftcg said:

Don't overreact to Drake's one game. He's still the same Kenyan Drake who has been unable to beat out Jay Ajayi, Frank Gore, Damien Williams, Kalen Ballage and Mark Walton for RB1 duties.

Bigger worry over the next few weeks is the schedule. Tampa, SF (at home and probably pissed off about last week) and then a bye.

Disagree. 

I think Drake for some reason wasn’t given the opportunity with the Dolphins. 

He was listed ahead of Ballage and Walton. 

I think Drake is a better rb then most think, and it’s easy to see why, he was truly underused with the Dolphins.  

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Disagree. 

I think Drake is a better rb then most think, and it’s easy to see why, he was truly underused with the Dolphins.  

Dolphins fan here.

his issue has always been blitz pick ups and, for lack of a better term, just being a knuckle head. The dude has rocks for brains unfortunately. No chance Drake steals touches from a healthy DJ anymore than Edmonds did early in season.

26 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Disagree. 

Yes, "for some reason" multiple coaching staffs refused to play him ahead of a string of replacement-level RBs. Who knows why, but I'm sure that whatever the reason was, it will no longer be a problem now that he's out of Miami and playing on a team with an established RB1 in whom the team has invested a big contract. :dunno:

All kidding aside, anything is possible. I certainly didn't see Drake's TNF breakout coming. Maybe he will make the Cards backfield a true RBBC. Maybe Johnson will get hurt again and he will have the job to himself. But Occam's Razor suggests that he was never able to put it all together in Miami for reasons related directly to him, and that those are still in play now that he's in Arizona.

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Dolphins fan here.

his issue has always been blitz pick ups and, for lack of a better term, just being a knuckle head. The dude has rocks for brains unfortunately. No chance Drake steals touches from a healthy DJ anymore than Edmonds did early in season.

Agree about the rocks in his head, Dolphins seem to like those type of players , another is D Parker. 

Both have talent both seem to have little desire to be the man. 

I think Drake was given a bad deal with his time with the Dolphins 

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

Yes, "for some reason" multiple coaching staffs refused to play him ahead of a string of replacement-level RBs. Who knows why, but I'm sure that whatever the reason was, it will no longer be a problem now that he's out of Miami and playing on a team with an established RB1 in whom the team has invested a big contract. :dunno:

All kidding aside, anything is possible. I certainly didn't see Drake's TNF breakout coming. Maybe he will make the Cards backfield a true RBBC. Maybe Johnson will get hurt again and he will have the job to himself. But Occam's Razor suggests that he was never able to put it all together in Miami for reasons related directly to him, and that those are still in play now that he's in Arizona.

I don’t know why, but if you look at his production when he did play he did produce, I think simply is lack of wanting to be the best he can be. 

Parker the wr for the Dolphins has been the same. 

D J is clearly the most talented rb, but both Edmonds and Drake when they where both given the opportunity out shine him. 

I think Drake as the Bailey, but like the other poster said , rocks in the head .  

Good return thinks appreciate it.