Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

AJ Green Is it time

I have held on to him for about 5 weeks hoping he might help me in the stretch run. I really don't need to play him this week, but is anyone rolling with him this week? What about the rest of the year? I think he might benefit from Finley. I was impressed with him in preseason.

1 hour ago, gitrdun said:

I have held on to him for about 5 weeks hoping he might help me in the stretch run. I really don't need to play him this week, but is anyone rolling with him this week? What about the rest of the year? I think he might benefit from Finley. I was impressed with him in preseason.

I don't know....may have to trot him out there with receivers on bye. Low expectations this week, esp with new QB and other Bengal  WR's playing well.

Let's hope he is well-rested and motivated to gitrdun....

People keep poo pooing on that he always gets hurt, he's old ect, ect.  He is about Julio Jones age with less miles. He is one of the true super stud WR, that has come out in many years. The man is playing for his last contract, he is fresh and is going to ball out. His Finley has a strong arm, and the play calling has offered great production from the other WR's. The D is terrible and there will be a lot of garbage time.  Hell yes I am playing him, and expect at least low end WR 1 every week for the rest of the year. 

• Thanks 1

Didn't Boyd often out produce him. Sort of like the AB / JuJu situation. I don't know...meh. If Green is drawing the top CB and Boyd is drawing the lesser one...he has been drawing the top one and doing marginal. Just seems like Boyd is the WR to have.

The two teams I've been holding him on are both sputtering along at 5-4 and on the fringe of playoff contention.  I expected to have Green back by Week 7 at the latest, which might have afforded me a week to see how he fit in--but at this point, it's do or die.  I drafted him for the reason of helping me down the playoff stretch, and this is the playoff stretch.  I either trust my judgment or I shouldn't have drafted him and held him all year.

So yes, he's going in both of those lineups this week.

Of course, most of my other options in those leagues are either hurt (Adam Thielen, Preston Williams, Devin Funchess) or on bye (Julian Edelman, Dede Westbrook, Will Fuller, Phillip Dorsett)--but still...

AJ or bust!

I'm at 7-2, leading our league and I have DHop on a bye..... all aboard the AJ train this week.

The AJ soap opera continues......

Updating a previous item, A.J. Green (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.
He was expected to practice in full, and coach Zac Taylor spoke to the media earlier Wednesday, saying Green is likely to make his season debut this week. It's unclear what's going on, but it's only Wednesday, so Green can easily still suit up Sunday. For now, we'll consider Green questionable for Week 10.

4 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

He didn’t feel up to it, I’m guessing 2-3 more weeks. 

that's good.  don't want him rushing out there and hurting himself again.  as long as i have him fully healthy by week 25 i'm happy

• Haha 1

man, i've been holding and feeling like a fool.  tomorrow will be a bigger test...lots of vets get wednesday off...few of them are hurt as frequently as AJ.  

For Pete's sake....just can't trust this guy to come through this weekend, if he plays.

As an owners in 2 leagues, I hope he has a huge weekend, but it will be on my bench. Firing up D. Parker instead, simply because his floor is higher. Can't afford a goose egg. Might change my tune if he practices full rest of week and seems super-motivated....maybe.

6 hours ago, cavern said:

that's good.  don't want him rushing out there and hurting himself again.  as long as i have him fully healthy by week 25 i'm happy

Cincy does have it's second bye week 24, so week 25 is a good call.

Out indefinitely. I think he can officially be written off as a lost cause. Of course I had to draft him to the same team that has Cooks. 

I think it's time to cut bait

On 11/6/2019 at 12:57 AM, AxeElf said:

The two teams I've been holding him on are both sputtering along at 5-4 and on the fringe of playoff contention.  I expected to have Green back by Week 7 at the latest, which might have afforded me a week to see how he fit in--but at this point, it's do or die.  I drafted him for the reason of helping me down the playoff stretch, and this is the playoff stretch.  I either trust my judgment or I shouldn't have drafted him and held him all year.

So yes, he's going in both of those lineups this week.

Of course, most of my other options in those leagues are either hurt (Adam Thielen, Preston Williams, Devin Funchess) or on bye (Julian Edelman, Dede Westbrook, Will Fuller, Phillip Dorsett)--but still...

AJ or bust!

Bust it is… ESPN's Adam Schefter reports A.J. Green suffered a setback to his injured ankle and is now out indefinitely.

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Bust it is… ESPN's Adam Schefter reports A.J. Green suffered a setback to his injured ankle and is now out indefinitely.

Right?

People have recovered from cancer in less time than this "sprained ankle" has taken to heal.

I suspect this was the plan all along.  When he didn't come back before the bye, there's really no reason to even think about playing him.  They're headed toward a top draft pick, starting a rookie QB behind a line that putrid...Green wasn't going to save them or make them relevant...Put him on IR and try again next season.  

To late to cut bait, not much available, oh gee wiz. 

Jeez if AJ is gone do you think Auden Tate is the receiver to pick up (assuming Boyd is unavailable) or is the rookie QB situation too dicey?

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

To late to cut bait, not much available, oh gee wiz. 

I jettisoned his arse as soon as the news came out.  Took fliers on Guice instead.  Done with AJ...

52 minutes ago, Busboy said:

Jeez if AJ is gone do you think Auden Tate is the receiver to pick up (assuming Boyd is unavailable) or is the rookie QB situation too dicey?

Dicey. 

14 hours ago, Busboy said:

Check out Erickson. A few weeks of solid production. Now he has a young QB that might not be comfortable throwing down field. I see lots of check downs to the shifty slot WR.

I am so pissed at myself. In my keeper/dynasty league I've had him since his rookie year. I've been down on him the past couple seasons with his injuries/shortened seasons, and considered dropping him before this years draft. Was going to make a clean break and let some other schmuck deal with him. But did I? NOOOOO! I kept him since he was going to be back by week 6. Instead I became the schmuck who is dealing with him. So, all though this is the wrong thread...FU green!