Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 10 Scoop and Play WR

Lotta byes this week, and most decent free agents are already on other squads . Here is a WR replacement idea, as well as a deep dive consideration for the gambling types.

(caveat: I often don't know what I'm talking about)

Chester Rogers - Colts

Hopefully, you were able to grab last weeks scoop and play WR, Zach Pascal, who came through nicely. This week features another Colt receiver who I believe could be a worthy fill-in this week. With Hilton expected to miss some more time with his calf, and Parris Cambell breaking his hand, this should move Rogers into the WR2 role. Now, admittedly, Rogers has been mostly a non-factor this season....but has snagged a couple of TD's (including last week), and had some good games last year when asked to step up. Yes, Cain is there also, but only received 19 snaps last week, compared to 46 for Rodgers, 45 for Cambell (out), and 66 for Pascal. As you can see, Rogers should see expanded playing time this week. Brissett was injured last week, but has a shot to play this week, and even if he doesn't, Hoyer the Warrior is more than capable of slinging the rock.....and get Miami at home this week, giving up the 7th-most FF points to opposing WR's. Welcome to Mr. Rogers neighborhood.

Deep Dive: Russell Gage - Falcons

Ever heard of him? Well, you probably never would have until Sanu got shipped....unless you are a die-hard LSU fan, of course. Mr. Gage is a 6th round pick in the 2018 draft, that rarely saw the field until week 8 (bye last week). He ended up with 7 catches on 9 targets for 58 yards. What about Hardy, you ask? Well, surprisingly, Mr. Hardy only saw 12 snaps as compared to 47 for Gage. A bit undersized (6'0" 186), he has become a team favorite for his good hands, speed, shiftiness, competitiveness and, above all, fearlessness. His love for the game is not questioned by anyone who plays with him, and with the departure of Sanu, now he gets the rare opportunity to make a name for himself. Granted, Schaub was his QB in week 8, and they may have a "2nd team" connection and familiarity, not to mention the fact that Schaub chunked the ball up 52 times while playing from behind. However, playing this week against the Brees-led Saints at the Super Dome, the game script could be very similar....and the Saints give up the 9th-most FF points to opposing WR's.  Will he make a mark on the box score? I'll leave you to Gage.....

Allen Hurns.