Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Kentuckt Gov Election

Rink

publican incumbent Gov. Matt Bevin said Wednesday he is requesting a recanvass in Kentucky's gubernatorial race after initial results from Tuesday night show him trailing by about 5,000 votes, claiming the existence of “significant irregularities.”

“We want this process to move forward expeditiously,” Bevin said at an afternoon news conference.

Hate to see a conservative stoop to a level best left to liberals.

Time to move on son, you lost....dont go Stacey Abrams/Hillary Clinton on us, just move on....   :thumbsdown:

• Like 4

Yeah right. I’m sure in a state that conservative and run totally by republicans that the system was rigged against an incumbent republican governor :rolleyes:

I was following this last night.  It was super close but he was always behind.  I wonder who the third party candidate took more votes from, I'm assuming the Dem.  I guess this Bevin was extremely unpopular.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

I was following this last night.  It was super close but he was always behind.  I wonder who the third party candidate took more votes from, I'm assuming the Dem.  I guess this Bevin was extremely unpopular.

I think he was unpopular.

I think he likely lost.

I think he needs to STFU and move on, again, leave this kind of sh!t to the liberals, no need to go down that road....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think he likely lost.

I think he needs to STFU and move on, again, leave this kind of sh!t to the liberals, no need to go down that road....

Asking for a recount in a race that close is nowhere close to claiming Russians stole the election or that everyone in Georgia is a cheating racist Nazi.

I suspect he lost fair and square because the idiots in KY we're pissed off about pension reform, but I can't fault the guy for asking for a legal recount.

Recounts happen all the time.

29 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Rink

Hate to see a conservative stoop to a level best left to liberals.

Time to move on son, you lost....dont go Stacey Abrams/Hillary Clinton on us, just move on....   :thumbsdown:

Agreed.  You ain't going to find 5K votes.

The good news in all this is that he was expected to lose by a YUUUUUGGGGEE margin and barely lost after Trump came in to stump for him.  This doesn't bode well for Democrats.

He should have planned better and released some blackface photos or had multiple women accuse him of sexual harassment. 
But since this isn’t Virginia, I agree, just concede and move along. 

Kentucky brought in 40,000 immigrants on average over the last 3 years (according to my limited research) There’s the difference.

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Agreed.  You ain't going to find 5K votes.

The good news in all this is that he was expected to lose by a YUUUUUGGGGEE margin and barely lost after Trump came in to stump for him.  This doesn't bode well for Democrats.

Funny. I was eating lunch and they had a TV with CNN on (do they think they’re an airport???). Their headline was that this election was a rejection on trump and his last minute visit. 

2 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Funny. I was eating lunch and they had a TV with CNN on (do they think they’re an airport???). Their headline was that this election was a rejection on trump and his last minute visit. 

:lol:

Of course they said that. 

But, yeah, that's not what happened at all.  Trump came in an narrowed the gap so much that Bevin BARELY lost.  All the polls had him losing big.

Republicans won’t be able to win an election in 3-4 more years. They just lost a governors race in a Bible Belt state. Dems won. Writing is on the walls. Trump isn’t saving sh!t.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Republicans won’t be able to win an election in 3-4 more years. They just lost a governors race in a Bible Belt state. Dems won. Writing is on the walls. Trump isn’t saving sh!t.

Easy 90s.  If you know any history you'll realize that a GOP governor has NEVER won a re-election in Kentucky.  But they cleaned up in the rest of the state.  Settle down.

This wasn't quite the dramatic win that the left wants you to think it is.  Bevin BARELY lost in an election where the left predicted he would get creamed.  And this was only AFTER Trump came in to stump for him.   Trump actually closed a pretty big gap.  That should give you hope.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Kentucky has had a Republican governor twice since 1947.

Correction, three times.  I was looking at lieutenant governor.  

16 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Easy 90s.  If you know any history you'll realize that a GOP governor has NEVER won a re-election in Kentucky.  But they cleaned up in the rest of the state.  Settle down.

This wasn't quite the dramatic win that the left wants you to think it is.  Bevin BARELY lost in an election where the left predicted he would get creamed.  And this was only AFTER Trump came in to stump for him.   Trump actually closed a pretty big gap.  That should give you hope.

16 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Kentucky has had a Republican governor twice since 1947.

Correction, three times.  I was looking at lieutenant governor.  

I didn’t know republicans had lost that many governor races in KY, figured it would be all red. Still is worrisome to me that he lost considering the political climate since 2016. Not as bad as I thought though.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

I didn’t know republicans had lost that many governor races in KY, figured it would be all red. Still is worrisome to me that he lost considering the political climate since 2016. Not as bad as I thought though.

I'm worried too.  It boggles my mind how the Democratic party can be completely off the reservation batshit crazy and the voters in this country are still split 50/50.  It's insane.

36 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

A loss is a loss. I leave the winning by losing to Democrats eg, Beto

The question is how the GOP lost? With everything we've learned how are people still voting Democrat in Mass?

So here's the weird thing in this election

The down-ballot Republicans received more votes than the governor. Which is really really weird. The down-ballot people always get fewer votes. This held true for the democrats, but not for the GOP in this race.

Governor - 704,523

SOS - 745,412

AG - 823,071 (Trump push)

Auditor... THE FOCKING AUDITOR!!!! 779,264

29 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

So here's the weird thing in this election

The down-ballot Republicans received more votes than the governor. Which is really really weird. The down-ballot people always get fewer votes. This held true for the democrats, but not for the GOP in this race.

Governor - 704,523

SOS - 745,412

AG - 823,071 (Trump push)

Auditor... THE FOCKING AUDITOR!!!! 779,264

In local/state elections, the name matters more than party sometimes. This guy clearly wasn't liked for some reason. 

27 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

In local/state elections, the name matters more than party sometimes. This guy clearly wasn't liked for some reason. 

He got into it with striking teachers' union I think.

In any event, it's weird the undercard scored much better than him. That being said, take the L buddy and move on. 

Maybe they can do like California and go ballot harvesting . "I see you didn't vote...........you meant to though right?'  :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

This is a governor election which draws almost as much as a presidential election. I find it hard to believe 100k people got their ballots and thought eff that Republican governor, that AG guy is who I really like and that auditor too.

11 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

In any event, it's weird the undercard scored much better than him. That being said, take the L buddy and move on. 

Maybe they can do like California and go ballot harvesting . "I see you didn't vote...........you meant to though right?'  :rolleyes:

I disagree with take the L the undercard is way to fishy. Recount and figure out how 100,000 decided to leave his me blank.

7 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Yup.  Youre a Republican and battle a union in a collective bargaining state?  

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

I think he likely lost.

Conservatives have ceded tons of ground by being worried about looking honorable instead of doing what it takes to win.  That's a big reason why we are in this mess in this country.  That's really the whole divide between Trump and anti-Trump in the GOP.  Trump doesn't give a about looking honorable, he wants to win and it made the other 17 candidates look like puzzies.

2 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Did they also mention that Republicans swept the rest of the statewide ballot?

Including the first African American AG?

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

Conservatives have ceded tons of ground by being worried about looking honorable instead of doing what it takes to win.  That's a big reason why we are in this mess in this country.  That's really the whole divide between Trump and anti-Trump in the GOP.  Trump doesn't give a about looking honorable, he wants to win and it made the other 17 candidates look like puzzies.

Bingo! This election is way too close and way too fishy to just say oh well we'll get them next time. Elections are shady business and this needs some light shined on it.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

This is a governor election which draws almost as much as a presidential election. I find it hard to believe 100k people got their ballots and thought eff that Republican governor, that AG guy is who I really like and that auditor too.

Well, generally speaking, democrats in Southern states are pretty moderate. I'm just saying clearly this guy pissed folks off somehow.

The teachers union thing makes sense. 

13 hours ago, fandandy said:

The libertarian dude got 28,000 votes

I wish this data went back to 2010, but it only goes back to 2014ish. As you can see Barack Hussein Obama had a less than stellar batting average when it came to endorsing candidates. Those spelling out doom and gloom because Matt Bevin lost are either negative Nancy's or liberal voting f@ggots. The Kentucky governor's race will have zero impact on Trump in 12 months. 

https://ballotpedia.org/Endorsements_by_Barack_Obama

27 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The libertarian dude got 28,000 votes

That's another place GOP focked up. If a libertarian candidate is running the GOP needs to get a green party or whatever running as well.

A few hours after polls closed in Kentucky last Tuesday, a Twitter user writing under the handle @Overlordkraken1 posted a message to his 19 followers saying he had “just shredded a box of Republican mail-in ballots.”

It was clear that the Kentucky governor’s race was going to be excruciatingly close, and that the Republican incumbent, Matt Bevin, could be headed to defeat. But just in case anyone missed the significance of the destroyed-ballots claim, @Overlordkraken1 added a final touch to his tweet: “Bye-Bye Bevin,” he wrote.

For those eager to cry fraud as a reliably red state leaned blue, the fact that @Overlordkraken1 did not appear to be in Kentucky — Louisville was misspelled in the location tag on his tweet, for one thing — was not going to get in the way of a useful narrative. Nor was Twitter’s decision to suspend his account.

Within hours of @Overlordkraken1’s tweet, as it became apparent that Mr. Bevin was trailing in the vote tally, hyperpartisan conservatives and trolls were pushing out a screenshot of the message, boosted by what appeared to be a network of bots, and providing early grist for allegations of electoral theft in Kentucky. High-profile right-wing figures were soon tweeting out their own conspiracy theories about the election being stolen — messages that were in turn pushed by even more trolls and bots — and the Bevin campaign began talking about “irregularities” in the vote without offering any specifics or evidence.

The talk has only intensified in the days since, though it has yet to be matched by any evidence of actual election rigging. But with Mr. Bevin’s choosing not to concede, and Kentucky authorities’ preparing to recanvass all of the votes at his insistence, Kentucky is shaping up to be a case study in the real-word impact of disinformation — and a preview of what election-security officials and experts fear could unfold a year from now if the 2020 presidential election comes down to the wire.

Since his election four years ago, Mr. Bevin has hitched himself to President Trump, and his allegations of irregularities echo the Trump playbook. Mr. Trump has sown doubts about a “rigged election” system since before his own election, including openly questioning the mail-in ballot process in Colorado. He then contended that fraud had lost him the popular vote (which Hillary Clinton won by 2.9 million votes). And he has amplified similar theories while in office, tweeting at least 40 times about unfounded voter fraud allegations, according to an analysis by The New York Times, including a claim after the midterm elections last year that “many ballots are missing or forged” in Florida.

24 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yep.   Dems already prepping the narrative just in case.   Thanks for the link!!!!

You’re one of the idiots buying into the disinformation :(

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You’re one of the idiots buying into the disinformation :(

Says the guy whose falling for every lie put forth by his masters!  :lol:

It's like you can't be swindled fast enough!

• Like 1

The guy lost, jeez, he needs to stop.

Though, it is funny that the single most unpopular governor in the country only lost by what 3000 votes?  Nice job I guess?🤔

4 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Says the guy whose falling for every lie put forth by his masters!  :lol:

It's like you can't be swindled fast enough!

Worms might be the dumbest mother focker to ever post in the geek club. I hate to say it but he makes Sho, Wiff, and Newbie looks smart.

Dude literally does nothing but copy paste Russian style propaganda.

"Some dude on Twitter with 19 followers is why the governor asked for a recount"

😂

That has literally been posted by nobody on the internet but here he is claiming that is why there was a recount request. Not because the election was decided by 5,000 votes.

Then he pushes the Bevin lost because he was a Trump supporter narrative. Ask anyone in KY why they disliked Bevin and it has zero to do with Trump and everything to do with Bevin going against the teacher union and implementing pension reform.

Worms is either a Russian agent or a pure retard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Worms might be the dumbest mother focker to ever post in the geek club. I hate to say it but he makes Sho, Wiff, and Newbie looks smart.

Dude literally does nothing but copy paste Russian style propaganda.

"Some dude on Twitter with 19 followers is why the governor asked for a recount"

😂

That has literally been posted by nobody on the internet but here he is claiming that is why there was a recount request. Not because the election was decided by 5,000 votes.

Then he pushes the Bevin lost because he was a Trump supporter narrative. Ask anyone in KY why they disliked Bevin and it has zero to do with Trump and everything to do with Bevin going against the teacher union and implementing pension reform.

Worms is either a Russian agent or a pure retard.

There is a high probability that he is a Russian retard.