Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Trump went through Stone to obtain emails stolen by Russians

WASHINGTON — President Trump was more personally involved in his campaign’s effort to obtain Democratic emails stolen by Russian operatives in 2016 than was previously known, phone records introduced in federal court on Wednesday suggested.

Federal prosecutors disclosed the calls at the start of the criminal trial of Roger J. Stone Jr., Mr. Trump’s longtime friend, who faces charges of lying to federal investigators about his efforts to contact WikiLeaks during the 2016 campaign. Russian intelligence officers had funneled tens of thousands of emails they stole from Democratic computers to WikiLeaks, which released them at critical points during the presidential race. 

The records suggest that Mr. Trump spoke to Mr. Stone repeatedly during the summer of 2016, at a time when Mr. Stone was aggressively seeking to obtain the stolen emails from Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks. The prosecutors noted that they did not know what Mr. Stone and Mr. Trump had discussed. But they stressed that the timing of their calls dovetailed with other key developments related to the theft and release of the Democratic emails. 

The phone records are the first concrete suggestion that Mr. Trump may have had a direct role in his campaign’s effort to benefit from Russia’s hidden hand in the election. At the very least, the calls and other evidence underscored the eagerness of senior campaign officials and other Trump associates to reap the rewards of what the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, later called a sophisticated and alarming covert Russian influence operation.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

The phone records are the first concrete suggestion that Mr. Trump may have 

Solid

19 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Solid

The prosecutors noted they did not know what Mr. Stone and Mr.  Trump discussed. 

Solid as well. 

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Told you guys Mueller soft-pedaled that sh1t. Why? I’ll never know.

Everything lines up to reach the logical conclusion of Trump much more involved than report indicates, but Mueller did what he could given "did not know what Mr. Stone and Mr. Trump had discussed".   Without that exact evidence/confession from Stone he wasn't(and IMO shouldn't) state a conclusion.  Put the evidence out there and let the pieces fall where they may.  Unfortunately the country has moved to a place where the individual teams matter more than the game.   :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I'll guess its because he knew the emails werent stolen, but actually leaked and harping on the emails might actually get some people to care about what was in them and who leaked them ? 

38 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The prosecutors noted they did not know what Mr. Stone and Mr.  Trump discussed. 

Solid as well. 

Stopped reading as soon as I saw that

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Stopped reading as soon as I saw that

Good decision, because it only gets worse from there for President Trump and Stone when you read the rest of the NYTimes article.  

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Good decision, because it only gets worse from there for President Trump and Stone when you read the rest of the NYTimes article.  

In the fierce competition for viewers and readers, the news media will only print/show what they know their readers want to read/see.  

• Confused 1

What's the big deal? Hillary said it's just 33,000 emails of her talking about yoga and grandkids.

Would have been nice if the FBI or CIA or somebody besides Trump attempted to recover those e-mails. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Solid as well. 

With such irrefutable evidence as this they got him for sure. 

They don't know what was discussed and it's the first concrete suggestion that Trump may have done something...

Slam dunk. :(

22 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

They don't know what was discussed and it's the first concrete suggestion that Trump may have done something...

They're gonna need the transcripts of those calls. Vital to our national security. 

47 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Check with the NYT, they seem to have it all.  :lol:

7 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

JFC.....you bozos aren't 24 hours removed from the last "AHA!!!!" garbage that blew up in your face.

'Presumed'   and  'don't know what Stone and Trump discussed' are NOT smoking guns. They're laser pointers used by the MSM and you keep chasing it off the cliff.

How many times did you send $5,000 to the African Prince who will wire you a million dollars once he's out of exile?

:doh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, drobeski said:

Arent you supposed to circle back to racism when the current fake inquiry fails ? 

Nothing to do with the inquiry drobs. That’s still going strong and displays evidence of several crimes by Trump in its own right. It’s just that Stone’s trial is starting now so that’s why we’re finally learning of the previously redacted grand jury evidence.

However, I know that’s going to be far too complex for you to understand :(

• Like 1

My take on all of this Russia stuff and the Ukraine:

Of course Trump did it but they all do it, the only difference is that he’s more upfront about his scumbaggery than the rest. It’s arguably an impeachable offense but he won’t get removed from office anyway.

Theres some entertainment value to watching all the mental gymnastics the Trumpers go through to defend him. But at the end of the day nothing is going to happen. Dems should focus on developing  new leadership and a party platform that makes sense.

This stuff is just a waste of time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

However, I know that’s going to be far too complex for you to understand :(

You've got to be joking, right?! You didn't even know who Weissman was FFS and he ran the Mueller investigation. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

You've got to be joking, right?! You didn't even know who Weissman was FFS and he ran the Mueller investigation. 

So? :dunno:

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Unnecessary details Filthy.

Washington (CNN) — Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon is expected to testify against Roger Stone in his trial for lying to Congress, federal prosecutors said in court Wednesday.
In his opening statement, prosecutor Aaron Zelinsky said he also plans to call Rick Gates, another former top aide to President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign, to testify at Stone's trial. 
Stone is accused of lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstructing justice in a case that stems from former special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. He has denied all wrongdoing. 
Testimony from Bannon and Gates -- both key witnesses in Mueller's investigation -- could bring out new details about what Mueller found regarding the Trump campaign's contacts in 2016. Prosecutors allege that Stone regularly updated people inside the Trump campaign at the senior levels about information he had on WikiLeaks including Bannon, then the campaign CEO.
Details of their forthcoming testimony came during the second day of Stone's trial, where the Justice Department alleged that he "repeatedly lied under oath" and then sought to "cover up" his deception by tampering with a witness in a forceful opening statement.
Zelinsky said Stone told five categories of lies to the House Intelligence Committee including about requests to get emails from WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. The prosecutor charged that Stone lied because the "truth looked bad for the Trump campaign and the truth looked bad for Donald Trump."
  • Haha 1

Just now, MDC said:

Of course Trump did it but they all do it, the only difference is that he’s more upfront about his scumbaggery than the rest. It’s arguably an impeachable offense but he won’t get removed from office anyway.

Theres some entertainment value to watching all the mental gymnastics the Trumpers go through to defend him. But at the end of the day nothing is going to happen. Dems should focus on developing  new leadership and a party platform that makes sense.

Funny that Trump wants more investigations. If he were guilty of anything, they would have already drafted and voted on articles of impeachment.

That he does want more investigations and the Dems are desperate to shut those ones down should tell you something.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I agree for the most part.  I'd say that he "probably" did some things he shouldn't have, but I think they all have and it probably goes significantly deeper than any of us will ever know.  Unfortunately, the left feels the show must go on...and on....and on...

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So? :dunno:

So don't say someone won't understand the details of something when you don't know the details of anything.

Whatever news source you watch is treating you like a mushroom; feed you sh!t and keep you in the dark.

2 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

So don't say someone won't understand the details of something when you don't know the details of anything.

Whatever news source you watch is treating you like a mushroom; feed you sh!t and keep you in the dark.

Boy there’s just so many failings in your logic I’m not even sure where to start.

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

But it's the redacted Stone stuff.  🤣

And when we get the actual transcript. 🤣

And when we get that Mueller grand jury evidence. 🤣

Well we have obstruction to be sure. 🤣

And when Blasey Ford Testifies. 🤣

The lib press sure gets it's monkeys dancing. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

You gotta do the investigations so that there’s at least some appearance of restraining his rampant abuses of power. But I agree that they’re ultimately unlikely to achieve many tangible results.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

You gotta do the investigations so that there’s at least some appearance of restraining his rampant abuses of power. But I agree that they’re ultimately unlikely to achieve many tangible results.

Why don't you sit the next few plays out.

13 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I agree for the most part.  I'd say that he "probably" did some things he shouldn't have, but I think they all have and it probably goes significantly deeper than any of us will ever know.

Don't agree with the libs.

After 4 years of investigations if Trump did anything, they'd have rolled that out and NOT have to resort to staged whistleblowers, 'presumed' allegations, etc.

If you have the goods you don't have to plant evidence.

7 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I agree for the most part.  I'd say that he "probably" did some things he shouldn't have, but I think they all have and it probably goes significantly deeper than any of us will ever know.  Unfortunately, the left feels the show must go on...and on....and on...

Reps have a problem with long pointless investigations now? Lol

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Boy there’s just so many failings in your logic I’m not even sure where to start.

You mispelled 'I don't have a counter to your argument Filthy'.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Why don't you sit the next few plays out.

When this is all over, you and I are getting an apartment together :wub: