zftcg

Niners D owners: What are you doing this week and ROS?

Niners have been absolutely dominant all year (other than last week, and even there, they would have salvaged a poor showing if Fred Warner had held on to an easy pick-six early in the game). But this week they face their toughest test yet against Seattle. Next week they face Arizona again (which obviously doesn't look as attractive as it did a couple weeks ago, although they will be at home). Then things get really tough: GB, @Baltimore, @NO before finishing up with Atlanta and the Rams at home.

Two questions I'm pondering: Are they still a good start this week and will they fall out of the set-it-and-forget-it tier in the second half of the season?

In one league, they're all I have; in another, I have them and Buffalo, which has majorly underachieved in terms of fantasy production. Still, they have a good matchup @Cleveland this week, so I may sub them in.

As for rest of season, Buffalo has two more cake matchups (@Mia/Den) and then things get rough for them as well. I feel like SF has done well enough that I at least want to keep them around and see if they can continue their strong performance. (By contrast, I'm about at the end of my rope with Buffalo). But I will definitely keep an eye open for streaming options down the stretch.

What are other people doing?

Same situation. Don't have an answer. Just hoping that last week was an anomaly.

I lost only one game last week (outta 5), and it was by one stinking point. That dropped interception by SF cost me that game....so I'm a little sore at them.

Offenses are going to get better, but they are still a solid start.  We just have to temper our expectations.

Been riding SF but was able to grab Pitt who have been solid after a slow start

same here....got SF and PITT....playing the matchups rest of the way 

On my team where I only have SF, I also have Jimmy G filling in for Wentz on his bye week/Pats match-up. After that I will likely move on from him and find another defense. Targeting GB and Philly for their great playoff schedules.

I'm starting them this week with the Patriots on bye and hoping for the best

Agreed this is concerning.  SF cost me a W last week.

I have the Rams and SF, staring the Rams this week.

Considering grabbing PHI then play the matchups.  

4 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Like NE, you play SF DEF/ST every week and lose no sleep.

this.  I'm starting them always with confidence.  I don't really expect and rely a lot on my defenses for points anyways because they are mostly hit and miss most weeks.  When you can get one that can get you a solid # of points (anything greater than, say, 2 or 3 points) every week you should take it.

18 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

what if u have baltimore also?  do u still go ahead with playing sf this week?

No.

19 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

what if u have baltimore also?  do u still go ahead with playing sf this week?

Ravens vs those Bengals should be winner, good luck.