Sign in to follow this  
FFer

David Johnson this Sunday?

Does he make you nervous this weekend?   Based on Drake’s performance, it would make sense that DJ is due for a decrease in touches.  Thoughts?

Agreed. 

I'm starting Samuels over DJ this week. I'm nervous about him and his matchup is horrible. The Bucs run D is legit

I'm far more worried about Tampa's run D than I am about Drake. I don't really have any other options aside from DJ, but my hope is that they take advantage of him as a receiver.

Drake as the ability to push D J , and he well. 

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Drake as the ability to push D J , and he well. 

Yes, it is legal for the ball carrier to be pushed by another player, but only if they are both in the game at the same time.

(By the way, did you go to the Antonio Brown School of Legible Sentence Construction?)

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Yes, it is legal for the ball carrier to be pushed by another player, but only if they are both in the game at the same time.

(By the way, did you go to the Antonio Brown School of Legible Sentence Construction?)

Why our you writing a book? 

I'm starting him in 2 leagues. I don't see how anyone that has him could not play him.

He is the clear #1 and is going to get most of the work. People are way overthinking this.

• Like 4

Depends on who else one has at rb?  

But since most over paid for his lack of production, I can see why many would say they well start him. 

Hes posted rb 1 ff points three times so far in non ppr, but if you start him I hope it’s more of a rb2. 

Drake isn’t sitting on the bench this whole weekend. 

Drake could seriously cut into his receiving numbers but he should get plenty of carries

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Just an FYI in weepers, she purposely mispells words. She cant help herself. 

I’m so sure he has to much upside, not if Drake is more involved in the game plan, and I think he might even be more involved then Edmonds was when D J was playing.  

David Johnson is in a smash spot, beat writers said he was lining up as a WR in practice this week... I will have plenty of shares on him on DFS with like 3% owned 

DJ will be riding my bench for rest of season.  Unless I am desperate.  I was this week.  

1 minute ago, eagles115 said:

DJ is drop worthy. Hes absolute trash

Agreed.  

2 minute offense, need a FG to tie.  Drake in over Johnson.  Drake's been on the team for a week, and he's in over their pro bowl running back.  Game over for DJ.  Barring an injury to Drake, he's 100% droppable

DJ is killing me.  0 points in previous 2 games I started him.  WTF.

I hope he doesn't cost me a W this week with his goose egg.

He's on the bench until anything changes.  TB does have a strong run defense so maybe it will improve down the road.

lets not forget edmonds will be back, i actually traded Dj earlier in the day for freeman. hoping freemans foot is ok but DJ blows

DJ is what we all knew he would be coming into this season, not worthy of a top five pick, well maybe not all of us knew that. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

DJ is what we all knew he would be coming into this season, not worthy of a top five pick, well maybe not all of us knew that. 

Just like you pushing Kamara as the top back this year? 

Absolutely just like me pushing Kamara as the number one rb, and or some pushing Barkley as the number one rb. 

But D J hasn’t been top five for what three or four years now, not even close to being the same difference.  

Hey good luck next season with DJ. 

You read that off rotoworld. 

I was defending my pick of him early on, when he was performing as top 5-8 RB depending on scoring, but wow.  Just been awful and this news from Kingsbury sounds like at best a RBBC at worst Drake could be lead back:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28059999/cardinals-benched-david-johnson-keep-kenyan-drake-rolling-kliff-kingsbury-says

At this point I would just want him sat till after the bye and see if he can get back to some semblance of his old self for the stretch/playoff run.  Not holding my breath.

Remember Edmonds is due back. 

I did some theater productions in high school. This thread makes me want to call up my castmates and apologize for thinking I would never find a bigger collection of drama queens.

DJ was a Top 5/Top 10 back (depending on format) before he got hurt. His health is definitely a concern going forward, and it especially sucks that the Cardinals have been less than forthcoming about it to the point where lots of us started him on weeks where he wasn't healthy. But calling him a bust or "droppable" is ridiculous.

Doesn’t matter at this time of year what is worth was before the season, one must adopt to changing ones ranking of a player, in this case D J as the season goes on. 

But since he hasn’t been any where near is adp the last three seasons now, this being the third one, I can easly say he’s a bust so far. 

Keeper league I would be looking for a deal, redraft I can’t see dropping him unless their is some that much better.  

But it’s not ridiculous to rank a player based on his up todate performance.  

To each their own is that case, everyone has a opinion and every is entitled to it. 

Thanks. 

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Doesn’t matter at this time of year what is worth was before the season, one must adopt to changing ones ranking of a player, in this case D J as the season goes on. 

But since he hasn’t been any where near is adp the last three seasons now, this being the third one, I can easly say he’s a bust so far. 

Keeper league I would be looking for a deal, redraft I can’t see dropping him unless their is some that much better.  

But it’s not ridiculous to rank a player based on his up todate performance.  

To each their own is that case, everyone has a opinion and every is entitled to it. 

Thanks. 

You are welcome sir....lol

God help me, I may be starting him at flex this week. With Adams on bye and Cooks still in the concussion protocol, my flex options are Jeffrey and DJ ... and now it looks like Alshon may be out as well. 

Best options on the wire are McKissic, Guice, Reynolds and Russell Gage. If Breida is declared out it might be worth grabbing Mostert.

Good Lord, this is bad.

Read that DJ practice with the second team, and Drake was with the first team, says a lot about the health of DJ.