Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Jimmy Garoppolo

13-2 as a starter for SF the past 3 seasons.  This is the same team that went 3-20 over the past 3 season without him.

Incredibly lucky or stole Brady's secret sauce? 

I vote stole Brady's secret sauce. 

Qbs receiver way too much credit or blame. The defense just so happened to get awesome this year. Jfc guy is playing decent as a qb and people ask if he is Brady

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Qbs receiver way too much credit or blame. The defense just so happened to get awesome this year. Jfc guy is playing decent as a qb and people ask if he is Brady

What about 2017 when 49ers was 1-9 before he got there and finished the season 6-0 with him.

37 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

What about 2017 when 49ers was 1-9 before he got there and finished the season 6-0 with him.

They played a lot of top teams, but many already secured their playoff seed and may not been as motivated had they played earlier in the season.  None-the-less, Jimmy still exhibited a solid thought process and skills not possessed my many qbs in the league.  He is a solid qb.  We do not know how well he will do when things really matter.

Considering the 49ers have played 8 creampuffs in a row this season, I'm not ready to bestow a title of greatness to Garropollo just yet.  Monday will be the 49ers first good team they've played all season.

Kind of like the Patriots if you think about it.  The Patriots ran into their first good team (finally) this year - the Ravens - after playing 9 creampuffs in a row and you saw how that worked out.

49 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Patriots defense was ranked #6 in pts against the year the Pats won their first SB.  The following year, they ranked 17th and missed the playoffs.  The next 2 seasons, they ranked 1st then 2nd respectively and won Super Bowls.  Are you voluntarily choosing to ignore the fact that the Patriots were an elite defense the years they won their first 3 Super Bowls?

In Brady's first 4 seasons, he ranked 8th in comp%, 11th in yards per attempt, and 8th in passer rating (among QB's who started at least 40 games over those 4 years).

Since 2016, Garoppolo started 18 games.  Of QB's who started at least 18 games since then, Garoppolo ranks 4th in comp%, 3rd in yards per attempt, and 8th in passer rating.  To this point in time, I think it's a fair question as the numbers are fairly equal. 

23 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

They played a lot of top teams, but many already secured their playoff seed and may not been as motivated had they played earlier in the season.  None-the-less, Jimmy still exhibited a solid thought process and skills not possessed my many qbs in the league.  He is a solid qb.  We do not know how well he will do when things really matter.

To an extent, you're right, but not completely.  The 9ers beat both Tennessee and Jacksonville who were both fighting for a playoff spot and division championship.  The Rams were locked in to their spot and the Bears and Texans both stunk.  That said, while those two teams did stink, both of those games were road games for San Fran.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

To an extent, you're right, but not completely.  The 9ers beat both Tennessee and Jacksonville who were both fighting for a playoff spot and division championship.  The Rams were locked in to their spot and the Bears and Texans both stunk.  That said, while those two teams did stink, both of those games were road games for San Fran.

I was thrilled with his performances, but I thought several teams were resting players or using smaller playbooks. 

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I was thrilled with his performances, but I thought several teams were resting players or using smaller playbooks. 

I don't doubt the Rams were as they were locked into the 4th seed at the time, but I would be very skeptical if Tennessee and Jacksonville were.

Think Jimmy G as non a great job of managing his team on offense. 

But last week was his first really great game I think of this season.  

Running the ball and def wins championships, atleast it once did. 

42 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Considering the 49ers have played 8 creampuffs in a row this season...

I'm no particular fan of Garoppolo, but their opponents haven't all been "creampuffs" either.  Carolina and the Rams are 5-2 in games not played against San Francisco; Pittsburgh is 4-3 in their other games, so that's 3 out of 8 that are solid NFL teams.

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm no particular fan of Garoppolo, but their opponents haven't all been "creampuffs" either.  Carolina and the Rams are 5-2 in games not played against San Francisco; Pittsburgh is 4-3 in their other games, so that's 3 out of 8 that are solid NFL teams.

Well,  a week or so ago I posted the combined win record of opponents of SF (16) and NE (14).  So SF has played BARELY more competent competition.  The other contenders in that breakdown were almost DOUBLE of those two.  GB (30), NO (32) and KC (26).

I stand by my post - SF and NE had played mostly, if not all, creampuffs up until last week for NE and this week for SF.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

A creampuff is a pastry not a football team. 

Please let’s dummy up, the ff season is almost over.  

Hey thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

A creampuff is a pastry not a football team. 

This year NE and SF have played virtual creampuffs mostly all season.  I mean, is this even debatable?  I think not!  

30 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This year NE and SF have played virtual creampuffs mostly all season.  I mean, is this even debatable?  I think not!  

He's right. We don't all get to play Matt Moore's Chiefs. 

22 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

He's right. We don't all get to play Matt Moore's Chiefs. 

And yet the combined wins of the Packers opponents are like 33 whereas the combined winsof San Francisco is like 16.

Just sayin'.  :dunno:

What ever team is the next up on ones schedule is all that matters. 

Its the nfl, no creampuffs. 

Anything can happen in any game to.  

A injury can change the out come of a game or even a season, so I don’t belive in the creampuff theory. 

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

And yet the combined wins of the Packers opponents are like 33 whereas the combined winsof San Francisco is like 16.

Just sayin'.  :dunno:vs cle

We know you like to tell your narrative in black and white, without looking at the full story.

week 1 @ tampa: 31-17 with 3 tds called back. Tampa has beaten the rams and carolina and have been close with ten,  nos, and should have beaten sea

week 2 @ Cin: 41-17 after they put up a nice offensive effort vs sea. competitive vs buf, az, bal

week 3 vs pit: 24-20. barely lost to sea. barely lost to bal. beat chargerz and colts

week 4 bye

week 5 vs cle: 31-3 after they crushed bal and people briefly thought they were the advertised world beaters form the offseason

week 6 @ rams 20-7: absolutely crushed them.

week 7 @ wash 9-0: just a slopfest. surprised there weren't more turnovers on both sides.

week 8 vs car 51-13: let up a breakaway to possible league mvp cmc

week  9 @ az 28-25: survived a couple of long plays. short week on the road. az had won 3 in a row walking into the game

Second half gets tougher with sea x2, bal, rams, nos, gbp  with az and atl in there.  this was a 4-12 battered team last year.  The finally are getting healthy pieces.  easily in the argument for top team in the nfc.

16 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

We know you like to tell your narrative in black and white, without looking at the full story.

week 1 @ tampa: 31-17 with 3 tds called back. Tampa has beaten the rams and carolina and have been close with ten,  nos, and should have beaten sea

week 2 @ Cin: 41-17 after they put up a nice offensive effort vs sea. competitive vs buf, az, bal

week 3 vs pit: 24-20. barely lost to sea. barely lost to bal. beat chargerz and colts

week 4 bye

week 5 vs cle: 31-3 after they crushed bal and people briefly thought they were the advertised world beaters form the offseason

week 6 @ rams 20-7: absolutely crushed them.

week 7 @ wash 9-0: just a slopfest. surprised there weren't more turnovers on both sides.

week 8 vs car 51-13: let up a breakaway to possible league mvp cmc

week  9 @ az 28-25: survived a couple of long plays. short week on the road. az had won 3 in a row walking into the game

Second half gets tougher with sea x2, bal, rams, nos, gbp  with az and atl in there.  this was a 4-12 battered team last year.  The finally are getting healthy pieces.  easily in the argument for top team in the nfc.

Uhm...no.  The combined record gives a good idea of the strength/quality of teams you're playing.  If SF has played 8 games against teams with a COMBINED 16 wins, then you know - for the most part - that the quality of those teams are not that good (up until that point in time).

This 2nd half of the season will tell us a lot more about SF than the first half ever did.  No one is really sure on SF just yet, let alone making claims of SB glory already.  ;)

If after eight games, and the Niners have played eight teams that have a combined 16 wins , how does the rank of schedule work for those other teams, And if they have played a tough schedule, how does that equate into the strength of schedule for the Niners? 

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If after eight games, and the Niners have played eight teams that have a combined 16 wins , how does the rank of schedule work for those other teams, And if they have played a tough schedule, how does that equate into the strength of schedule for the Niners? 

In contrast, NO has played a combined opponent win of 32 and GB has 30 (note: this was last week when I posted).  So this means that NO and GB have been playing almost twice as many tougher and more quality opponents and not mostly pushovers (like SF and NE).

I'm not necessarily saying SF is a terrible team, just that they haven't really been tested so talk of SB glory is premature as well as crowning Garappolo.

7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

In contrast, NO has played a combined opponent win of 32 and GB has 30 (note: this was last week when I posted).  So this means that NO and GB have been playing almost twice as many tougher and more quality opponents and not mostly pushovers (like SF and NE).

I'm not necessarily saying SF is a terrible team, just that they haven't really been tested so talk of SB glory is premature as well as crowning Garappolo.

Just to be contrarian. Anyone that plays NE, is going to get 8 wins according to your analysis totals. yet you mention that NE only played patsies. 

21 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Super bowl glory for any team right now is just fans rejoicing for their team. 

Don’t see a problem with that, but if those other teams have played tough schedules and only have those eight wins, why does that not count into the Niners Strength of their own schedule. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Just to be contrarian. Anyone that plays NE, is going to get 8 wins according to your analysis totals. yet you mention that NE only played patsies. 

New England has only played Patsy's until they play the Ravens last week. And they lost.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Super bowl glory for any team right now is just fans rejoicing for their team. 

Don’t see a problem with that, but if those other teams have played tough schedules and only have those eight wins, why does that not count into the Niners Strength of their own schedule. 

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. It's clear that it does go into their strength of schedule. Except their strength of schedule is 16 wins combine from their opponents. Whereas the other teams I specified have play opponents with at least double those wins.

I explained it in my previous post.  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

New England has only played Patsy's until they play the Ravens last week. And they lost.

But then the Ravens get 8 wins in your approach by beating the Pats. What if SF beat the Pats? Does that make them 8 wins better?

Garoppolo is very very good, he knows how to win.  He took it upon himself to put up huge stats last week when they needed him.  Not much opportunity for him to throw in earlier games when the defense is scoring, or the running backs are breaking off long touchdowns.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

But then the Ravens get 8 wins in your approach by beating the Pats. What if SF beat the Pats? Does that make them 8 wins better?

Huh?  They get a wins? What are you talkin about?  Can you explain your reasoning because I don't think we're on the same page here?

12 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Baltimore played the Patsy's last week.

7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Huh?  They get a wins? What are you talkin about?  Can you explain your reasoning because I don't think we're on the same page here?

You are saying that a team that only has wins vs. other teams with less amount of wins, vs. a team with the same amount of wins against teams with more wins is less impressive. But then you say if someone plays a team like NE, who has a lot of unimpressive wins, it still counts towards being impressive. 

38 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You are saying that a team that only has wins vs. other teams with less amount of wins, vs. a team with the same amount of wins against teams with more wins is less impressive. But then you say if someone plays a team like NE, who has a lot of unimpressive wins, it still counts towards being impressive. 

Impressive.  I'm impressed!

• Haha 1