Sign in to follow this  
Pinesprings

UPDATE: Kittle - Expected to play Week 12

Looks very questionable. Monday night game too. Yippee. Ross Dwelley is his backup...yawn.

need clarity but I'm sure we won't hear anything until Monday night. What are you folks doing with him.

Im done in one league. 2-7 but 8-1 in my second league. I have kittle in both. Hope they rest him for the playoff push. 

rambling.....apologies

• Like 1

With him being on Monday night, I’ll probably just sit him, and hope OJ Howard gets me a few points.

In the league I have Kittle I don’t “think” I’ll need him because I’m playing a pretty bad team this week.

Don’t see Kittle playing, and if he does , he would be limited. 

This isn't good, I have him in 2/3 of my leagues and one of them has very narrow benches.  Not sure I even have room for a backup TE short of dropping a good player from my roster into the player pool.  With two teams in 1st place, one at 9-0 and the other at 7-2, I may just risk the "nil" from him in score column.  :dunno:

For me, I don't expect him to play so I picked up Josh Hollister (SEA - TE) just in case.  That way I can play one or the other depending upon his final status on Monday since they both play Monday night. 

I had the option to pickup Ross Dwelley (SF - TE) instead of Hollister, but I think that if Kittle is out then SF will rely even more on their run game and Dwelley will not really be involved that much.

26 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

For me, I don't expect him to play so I picked up Josh Hollister (SEA - TE) just in case.  That way I can play one or the other depending upon his final status on Monday since they both play Monday night. 

I had the option to pickup Ross Dwelley (SF - TE) instead of Hollister, but I think that if Kittle is out then SF will rely even more on their run game and Dwelley will not really be involved that much.

Good strategy, i'm actually thinking about re-arranging for a Gesicki addition, feeling like he and Fitz have some good vibes working.  :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgcrawfish said:

Good strategy, i'm actually thinking about re-arranging for a Gesicki addition, feeling like he and Fitz have some good vibes working.  :cheers:

Of course, now that I posted that dwelley will have a career day and Hollister will get injured on the first play of the game.😐

Not sure what I wanna do. I think I'm going to sit Kittle and play TE TD roulette but not really sure. There are options on the ww including Howard, Brate, Jonnu Smith, Hockensen, Cook.

16 minutes ago, rrmcguire said:

Debating myself...

A skill that shouldn't take long to master.

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

So is Gould....fire up your McLaughlin!

10 hours ago, Ehlana said:

Not sure what I wanna do. I think I'm going to sit Kittle and play TE TD roulette but not really sure. There are options on the ww including Howard, Brate, Jonnu Smith, Hockensen, Cook.

I don’t know why, but I just have a feeling that J Smith might have a good game, he’s the pick. 

10 hours ago, rrmcguire said:

Debating myself....currently have Cook but have the option of Howard, Doyle, or Gesicki

Of this group I like mr Cook. 

15 minutes ago, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

Kittle needs to sit.......get healthy for the "stretch run".......(and the AZ Cards next week......yippee)    !!!

yep....thats what it looks like

16 hours ago, rrmcguire said:

Debating myself....currently have Cook but have the option of Howard, Doyle, or Gesicki

Going with Gesicki off the waiver wire for me.

I'm going with Dwelley. He looked decent to me last week, with 4 receptions in limited playing time. It was b/t Hollister and Dwelley for me.

6 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

I'm going with Dwelley. He looked decent to me last week, with 4 receptions in limited playing time. It was b/t Hollister and Dwelley for me.

I had the same choice and initially went with Hollister because I think SF is going to rely even more on their run game with Coleman and Breida, and that Dwelley would be an after thought.

Then Jared Cook became available in my league and I picked him up instead and dropped Hollister.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I had the same choice and initially went with Hollister because I think SF is going to rely even more on their run game with Coleman and Breida, and that Dwelley would be an after thought.

Then Jared Cook became available in my league and I picked him up instead and dropped Hollister.

Well, now the issue for me is wondering if I should have Coleman in my lineup (he was benched for his 40 point outburst, and then started for is 6 point explosion 🙄) or if I should start Christian Kirk, which I'm itching to do (other WRs are Julio and Godwin). I know SEA isn't what they used to be, but it feels like roulette playing the Coleman/Breida game. 

Either that, or sit Marlon Mack or Jacobs, and I can't see that.

1 minute ago, IMMensaMind said:

Well, now the issue for me is wondering if I should have Coleman in my lineup (he was benched for his 40 point outburst, and then started for is 6 point explosion 🙄) or if I should start Christian Kirk, which I'm itching to do (other WRs are Julio and Godwin). I know SEA isn't what they used to be, but it feels like roulette playing the Coleman/Breida game. 

Either that, or sit Marlon Mack or Jacobs, and I can't see that.

Well, if it were me, I would be starting Coleman.  I believe SEA is pretty bad - or at best mediocre - against RBs.  I'm not big on Christian Kirk at all because that ARI offense isn't very good.  I think your other WR can cover just fine.

Yeah, and I would definitely NOT be sitting Mack or Jacobs.

But, keep in mind, now that I've said all this the EXACT opposite will probably happen. :)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, if it were me, I would be starting Coleman.  I believe SEA is pretty bad - or at best mediocre - against RBs.  I'm not big on Christian Kirk at all because that ARI offense isn't very good.  I think your other WR can cover just fine.

Yeah, and I would definitely NOT be sitting Mack or Jacobs.

But, keep in mind, now that I've said all this the EXACT opposite will probably happen. :)

Well, Mack is the only consideration, as Jacobs already put up 20 v LAC on TNF, but I have that same opposite problem. I've had both Coleman AND Godwin on the bench when they put up their 40burgers.  :wall:

One other item of note: it's a PPR league, and TB is able to defend RBs, but not WRs - and I think ARI can score a ton in the air against them. I THINK IIRC that its the highest projected point output of the weekend. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IMMensaMind said:

Well, Mack is the only consideration, as Jacobs already put up 20 v LAC on TNF, but I have that same opposite problem. I've had both Coleman AND Godwin on the bench when they put up their 40burgers.  :wall:

One other item of note: it's a PPR league, and TB is able to defend RBs, but not WRs - and I think ARI can score a ton in the air against them. I THINK IIRC that its the highest projected point output of the weekend. 

So, I hope you didn't take my advice about Christian Kirk.  I'm really, really bad at this FF thing.  :doh:

I benched Daniel Jones today for Josh Allen too. 

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

So, I hope you didn't take my advice about Christian Kirk.  I'm really, really bad at this FF thing.  :doh:

I benched Daniel Jones today for Josh Allen too. 

Oh, he's on my bench. :mad: :wall:

3 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

Oh, he's on my bench. :mad: :wall:

If it makes you feel any better, that is exactly how my entire season has been going too.  I haven't even been able to predict anything correctly this year as far as FF is concerned.

Most of my FF points have been on my bench this year.  

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

If it makes you feel any better, that is exactly how my entire season has been going too.  I haven't even been able to predict anything correctly this year as far as FF is concerned.

Well, I'm still leading my league as a result of a solid lineup with really good depth, but I'm getting stung with having difficulty selecting my starting lineup - and I just traded McLaurin, McCoy and Olson for Kittle.  And now we know what happened to Kittle.  

I should be 16-2 instead of 14-4. We'll see if this decision costs me this week. It's close.

:wall:

3 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

Well, I'm still leading my league as a result of a solid lineup with really good depth, but I'm getting stung with having difficulty selecting my starting lineup - and I just traded McLaurin, McCoy and Olson for Kittle.  And now we know what happened to Kittle.  

I should be 16-2 instead of 14-4. We'll see if this decision costs me this week. It's close.

:wall:

I also had Ertz and I traded him for Devanta Freemen (need RB help) last week AFTER it was reported Kittle would be fine.  So not only does Kittle NOT play, Freeman got injured today and was out the entire 2nd half.  :doh:

I f'n hate this game sometimes.  :)

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I also had Ertz and I traded him for Devanta Freemen (need RB help) last week AFTER it was reported Kittle would be fine.  So not only does Kittle NOT play, Freeman got injured today and was out the entire 2nd half.  :doh:

I f'n hate this game sometimes.  :)

Yikes. LOL

I started Hokenson in one league, which looked like a complete bust for a bit, but he ended with 3/47 for 7.7 pts.  Starting Witten in another.  Wasn't risking going into Monday with no options.  

Update - Apparently Shanahan is backtracking on his statement that Kittle won't play... although it's still likely he's going to be inactive...

Praying this is just a bone bruise contusion thing, not anything ligament wise. The MRI supposedly came back clean. The injury happened Halloween and if he sits out this week and plays SNF vs Packers that will be around 25 days of rest/rehab/therapy whatever. 

Sure hope this doesn't turn into a Davante thing. Need him for playoffs full go week 14. fingers crossed. 

Good Gawd.....he comes back in to play October 31st after the injury and still is out. geez. 24 days off since injury. Looks like a Davante thing.....this stinks. 

ESPN reporting he has a broken bone in his ankle, but is likely going to play tonight. Tough S.O.B.....

I WANT to play Kittle, but I can't take the chance. I'm putting in Griffin v OAK @ noon. 

Balls will be ready for punching after 3...