Djgb13

Ways to tell you are in the ghetto

What are some ways to tell you are in the ghetto? 

example: being On a street named after MLK 

There is a fist fight in any local store

On any one street you find a combination of a liquor store, fast check cashing place, and a church.

The Chinese takeout place mostly sells fried chicken. And off brand chicken joints like Lincoln Fried Chicken and Kennedy fried chicken, owned by Middle easterners. 

Seeing 40”rims worth more than the car that sits on them. 

35 minutes ago, frank said:

On a cold and gray Chicago mornin'
A poor little baby child is born

And another is shot dead.

There’s this strip of Lehigh Avenue in North Philly around 24th to 26th or so that is classic ghetto.

There are 2-3 chicken / rib joints, a Chinese food place with the foot-thick bullet proof glass, a “checks cashed” place, a beauty salon, and a hardware store with a sign advertising bedbug removal. Also at least 5-6 churches - two or cathedrals but the rest are storefronts and one fortune teller. 

While ubering recently I saw something I had never seen,a metal box anchored to a porch with an open padlock on it with a sign above it that read,"Please Mr. Postman...ok it actually said dear delivery people please put any packages and mail in this box and lock padlock."

Oh classic North Philly - the front porch has a mesh gate to it. Cause you’re worried the bums will sleep on your porch otherwise. 😆 

Bullet proof glass in party stores

Having to prepay before pumping gas

Lots of good boys who didden du nuffin

Lots of crime victims but no perps. Everyone is innocent, ya know? 

You see a 'Dead End' street sign and the word 'End' has been blacked out. (Saw that one in one outside of Detroit - scary area)

Streets are barren during the day and then the project's "inmates" wake up and hit the streets. We used to call them vampires. 

You definitely won't see any of the Obama's.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You can buy one cigarette at a time. 

:lol:  I wish I could do that.  You could make bank.  Before I sold shooters I would have people come in complaining, You ain't got nothing smaller than a half-pint??  I'm thinking, it's 200 milliliters dude, how small do you want?

1 hour ago, MDC said:

There’s this strip of Lehigh Avenue in North Philly around 24th to 26th or so that is classic ghetto.

There are 2-3 chicken / rib joints, a Chinese food place with the foot-thick bullet proof glass, a “checks cashed” place, a beauty salon, and a hardware store with a sign advertising bedbug removal. Also at least 5-6 churches - two or cathedrals but the rest are storefronts and one fortune teller. 

:lol:

All the little kids on the block are sent out by their parents to go run and play around the open fire hydrant that is shooting water everywhere.

14 minutes ago, fandandy said:

:lol:  I wish I could do that.  You could make bank.  Before I sold shooters I would have people come in complaining, You ain't got nothing smaller than a half-pint??  I'm thinking, it's 200 milliliters dude, how small do you want?

Ah you mean a loosey. The place I used to go buy beer from in high school sold looseys. 

• Like 1

Its really easy to tell in Florida, if the grass/weeds are unkept turn and drive the other way. 

Free teddy bears, candles and forties on the sidewalk. 

2 hours ago, drobeski said:

The mayor is a Democrat 

:first:

You're white and everyone in the neighborhood is looking at you like you are either a cop or an idiot.

• Like 1

your popeye's happy meal comes with a shank

• Haha 1

Houses looks like ramshackle shacks that you would find in a 3rds word shitholee...but they have 10k rims on their tricked out 1989 caddy  

4 hours ago, MDC said:

On any one street you find a combination of a liquor store, fast check cashing place, and a church.

LOL, that fits Nashville as well!  

More people are in lines to get lottery tickets and scratch offs than there are people trying to find a job.