Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Thoughts on an NFL millionaire telling you to stop selling tickets

Chris Jones of the Chiefs (starts at 2:04 in video) telling fans to stop selling their tickets because half of Arrowhead was wearing Vikings purple last week.Anyhow a local sports personality Soren Petro had an opening rant towards Jones this last Thursday saying such things as," how about you Chris Jones buy up those tickets and give them away to kids,you could even afford to buy them all a Chris Jones jersey and then the seats would be filled with red!" The podcast is from Nov 7th link below the video if interested in hearing the rant starting at 9 minutes.Link H-1

Anyhow just curious to your reactions on a millionaire football player telling fans what and what not to do with their season tickets.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-program/playlists/podcast/embed

I think I understand what he's trying to say, but he completely screwed it up.

• Like 1

NFL attendance is not good.  Out of town fans are a huge block these days.  As a former season ticket holder, it is unsustainable for the average home fan.

• Like 1

I don't spend a nickel on the NFL anymore. Between the idiot referees, the schit-ton of commercials, the kneeling players, the pussifying of the game, and the Giants suckiness, I'm just not into it these days.

• Like 2

1. Don’t sell your tickets to opposing fans. 

2. That said, it is the teams’s job to make the fans want to buy and keep tickets.  It isn’t the fans’ job to support the team. 

7 minutes ago, frank said:

2. That said, it is the teams’s job to make the fans want to buy and keep tickets.  It isn’t the fans’ job to support the team. 

This was part of the radio host take,first off you're gouging the fans for two preseason games that's nothing but a glorified scrimmage between guys who are going to be selling insurance in six months and if you're so worried about the fans not supporting the team then use some of your millions to buy up tickets and give them away to the less fortunate Chiefs fans.

14 minutes ago, frank said:

1. Don’t sell your tickets to opposing fans. 

A lot of people sell through the NFL ticket exchange.  There is no way to know what team allegiance the buyer holds.

Happens everywhere. I've been to many road games for the Giants. If we didn't buy the tickets we would have been replaced by an empty seat. New England pre- Parcells comes to mind.  Ghost town.  And that means less money for the players. Smarten up Chris.  

• Like 1

He is just another out of touch, not caring, ignint, sports player. But if he didn't make the pros, you bet he would be hustling something on the streets and not giving a crap about anything other than what he gets out of a deal. 

• Thanks 1