Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

49ers defense for real?

They have all these fancy stats on defense, but who have they really played? The QBs they've played haven't been real good ones. This game against Wilson/Seahawks might be a good one. 

Didn’t they just lose a starter from that def? 

As the season goes on things like injury’s start to mount, and it’s always hard to gage a team from week to week. 

They well have a good test Monday night from the Wilsons.  

Don’t think I would start them Monday night. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

As the season goes on things like injury’s start to mount, and it’s always hard to gage a team from week to week. 

Hey Weepaws, would you start Lockett against 49ers?

19 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Hey Weepaws, would you start Lockett against 49ers?

Depends upon your other WRs, but Lockett is a near weekly must start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To the OP... yes, they are for real, but their ff numbers should dip in the second half of the season.

Locket= must start.  may score a little less than normal, but sf occasionally gives up big plays... so could be him or metcalf if one is given up.

• Thanks 1

I guess we'll find out if they are for real mon night. They certainly didn't look like it against Kyler Murray and Kenyon Drake. 

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I guess we'll find out if they are for real mon night. They certainly didn't look like it against Kyler Murray and Kenyon Drake. 

That's kinda what I was thinking too, Murray looked better than the rag-tags SF had previously faced. I kinda think Seattle could surprise them and yes, it is hard/impossible to sit Lockett anyway. Hey man, thanks for your time and good luck this week.

9 minutes ago, jrokh said:

they gave up 2 big plays. drake ran well, but only gave up 150 passing yards until the 88 yard td with 5 minutes left

Look, the stats show the team is good, but I generally dont go by stats.   I've watched a couple of games, and they pass the eye test.

I think they will be a top defense for some years if they can stay healthy as a unit.

Road game vs division opponent on  a Thursday night is not the best gauge. 

Monday night vs your chief division rival a better test. Wilson’s having a stellar year and that D Line is a game wrecker when they get rolling.  This should be a good game.

Thanks to Jalen "I used to be a good fantasy player when given opportunity" Samuels, I need SF D to outscore Metcalf tomorrow.

Fat great chance....

*Fixed :pointstosky:

4 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Well, it looks like the 49ers finally played somebody-toldya so....................................

SF DEF looking pretty good to me vs a real team!

9 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

SF DEF looking pretty good to me vs a real team!

Agreed, and not just because of the TD. They've mostly shut Wilson down, forced a bunch of fumbles, and the points they've given up have all been largely attributable to turnovers. Seattle has scored three TDs; one was by the defense, and the other two came after turnovers that gave them the ball on the Niners 16 and 24.

• Like 1

Very thankful that they won me a game tonight. They are a must-start, but still a little nervous about their schedule after they face AZ at home next week.

3 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Very thankful that they won me a game tonight. They are a must-start, but still a little nervous about their schedule after they face AZ at home next week.

It does get tougher for them. I'm not saying they'll fold but second half of season will be tougher.

In one league I realized that Pittsburgh is still out on the WW. I'm not dropping SF, but I may make a play for the Steelers, who have been lights out since they got Minkah and also have a great playoff schedule. If I do end up with both I will pick and choose between them week to week. But last night went a long way toward reassuring me that, even if I end up having to start SF down the stretch, I should still be OK.

On 11/10/2019 at 5:04 AM, weepaws said:

Came here to say, no mention of Kwon Alexander?