Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

LeSean McCoy inactive

A "predetermined rest week"?

It would have been nice if they had let us know ahead of time, if it was predetermined and all.  I have a league where I had to start McCoy with Carson due to Hyde and AP being on bye, and we can't pick up players after the 2nd waiver run on Friday night, so now I'm basically screwed--taking a zero for that RB slot.

Enjoy your week off, "Shady."

43 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

If true, that's a stupid tactic that may allow them to have the best record for a non-playoff team.  Teams don't pay their best players to sit when healthy.  Teams activate the players who give them the best chance to win.  Something else is going on here.....

why does roto speculate that they are shutting him down barring an injury after his third quarter fumble week 8? just bloviations?

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

A "predetermined rest week"?

It would have been nice if they had let us know ahead of time, if it was predetermined and all.  I have a league where I had to start McCoy with Carson due to Hyde and AP being on bye, and we can't pick up players after the 2nd waiver run on Friday night, so now I'm basically screwed--taking a zero for that RB slot.

Enjoy your week off, "Shady."

You see they’re trying to win an actual football game and don’t give a fock about your silly little fantasy team. So yeah, why would they telegraph anything to their actual opponent that they don’t have to? :doh:

11 minutes ago, Showboat said:

If true, that's a stupid tactic that may allow them to have the best record for a non-playoff team.  Teams don't pay their best players to sit when healthy.  Teams activate the players who give them the best chance to win.  Something else is going on here.....

I read on ESPN they were pissed at him for not trying to pick up block assignments etc. Who knows? But I agree with you, you play your best players. Put him on a snap count, sure, but you don’t just shelve em altogether 

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You see they’re trying to win an actual football game and don’t give a fock about your silly little fantasy team. So yeah, why would they telegraph anything to their actual opponent that they don’t have to? :doh:

Because it is in the entertainment industry where team fans have been slowly go away over time and fantasy players are probably going to be the majority of their audience at some point if not already. Gambling and silly little fantasy teams are a pretty big industry these days in case you haven't noticed. The NFL is wisely embracing them both.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Because it is in the entertainment industry where team fans have been slowly go away over time and fantasy players are probably going to be the majority of their audience at some point if not already. Gambling and silly little fantasy teams are a pretty big industry these days in case you haven't noticed. 

The minute they start playing for fantasy teams versus actually trying to win a real life game is when I quit watching for good.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

The minute they start playing for fantasy teams versus actually trying to win a real life game is when I quit watching for good.

My guess is they can do both. Need to do both.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

You see they’re trying to win an actual football game and don’t give a fock about your silly little fantasy team.

Don't be ridiculous.  Empires rise and fall based upon Axe Elf's fantasy exploits.  Economies thrive and flounder.  Kingdoms are gained and lost.  Fortunes are made and squandered.  Romances bloom and sour.  Lives are fulfilled and destroyed.

"Silly little fantasy team"?...  smh

Maybe nothing to it, but heads-up:

Damien Williams was absent again from Chiefs practice on Saturday. Both misses (Friday and Saturday) were deemed as "personal" and "excused" absences, but without further explanation. Coach Andy Reid said RB Damien Williams 'should' travel with the team to Mexico City Sunday, but listed him as officially "questionable".

Williams has been the Chiefs' workhorse since LeSean McCoy lost a fumble in the third quarter of their Week 8 loss to the Packers, commanding 45 of the backfield's 55 touches ever since. Darrel Williams and LeSean McCoy would likely form a two-back committee if Damien ultimately doesn't travel.

SOURCE: Nate Taylor on Twitter.

Nov 16, 2019, 2:15 PM ET

Again, likely much ado about nothing. If he travels with the team as he "should", nothing to see here.

Damien Williams (personal) is listed as questionable for Sunday’s Week 11 matchup against the Chargers. (Kansas City Chiefs on Twitter)

Williams who missed practices Friday and Saturday due to personal reasons, is listed as questionable for Week 11. Although both absences were approved, his status for Monday’s game is up in the air at this point. If Williams is ruled out, LeSean McCoy would lead the Chiefs backfield.

by Brad Camara | Chiefs Correspondent | Sat, Nov 16th 3:26pm EST

so mccoys active regardless? i hate this chiefs backfield. its the only decision ive had to make outside of dfs rosters all season.

10 minutes ago, unclemercy said:

so mccoys active regardless? i hate this chiefs backfield. its the only decision ive had to make outside of dfs rosters all season.

Ouch.

It must suck to have rosters with so little depth that you never have any real start/sit decisions to make.

Axe Elf recommends rostering five top-10 players at every position, if possible, and then evaluating each one's expected starting value based on weekly matchups.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:16 AM, AxeElf said:

Don't be ridiculous.  Empires rise and fall based upon Axe Elf's fantasy exploits.  Economies thrive and flounder.  Kingdoms are gained and lost.  Fortunes are made and squandered.  Romances bloom and sour.  Lives are fulfilled and destroyed.

"Silly little fantasy team"?...  smh

Are you Don Trump?