Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Don Cherry gets canned for telling it like it is.

God bless Don Cherry. 

On the broadcast of “Hockey Night in Canada,” Cherry, an often controversial commentator, criticized immigrants in Canada for not recognizing Remembrance Day, the country’s equivalent to Memorial Day. The remarks started a firestorm in Canada that ended with Monday afternoon’s news that Cherry would “immediately step down.”

“You people love — you, that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey,” Cherry said. “At least you could pay a couple of bucks for poppies or something like that. These guys paid for your way of life, that you enjoy in Canada.”

On Monday, after his firing, Cherry stood by his words in an interview with the Toronto Sun: “I know what I said and I meant it," Cherry said. “Everybody in Canada should wear a poppy to honor our fallen soldiers.

“I speak the truth and I walk the walk,” Cherry told the Sun. “I have visited the bases of the troops, been to Afghanistan with our brave soldiers at Christmas, been to cemeteries of our fallen around the world and honored our fallen troops on ‘Coach’s Corner.’

Finally someone with the courage to criticize Canadian immigrants for not buying enough flowers during a hockey broadcast. Don Cherry is a national hero. Not my nation, but still. 🌺 🇨🇦 🏅 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yep. Some of them up there have some balls.

The women. 

I’m not a huge fan of Cherry, but good for him. 

6 hours ago, MDC said:

Finally someone with the courage to criticize Canadian immigrants for not buying enough flowers during a hockey broadcast. Don Cherry is a national hero. Not my nation, but still. 🌺 🇨🇦 🏅 

From what I have seen from your posts, you don't have a nation, you have a very liberal bowel movement that comes out of your tiny brain and into your posts on this site.

You are just gross is all. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Once again, we circle back around to how Madonna can say someone should blow up the white house and nothing happens to her.  Maxine Waters can advocate for confronting republicans in public and nothing happens to her.  But Don Cherry says this and there is immediate, swift and strong action.  Taken together, it leads people to see injustice in favor of democrats and racism against whites.  And this sort of stuff tears society apart.

If Don Cherry must lose his job for this, then society must also remove Maxine Waters for her comments and, at this point, the democrat leadership for backing her.  We as a society cannot exist with a double standard on this because it will lead to civil war.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I am surprised the Western Canadians keep putting up with the f@ggot Canadians to the east. They should exit out and create their own country so they don't have to put up with those french speaking fockers. 

4 hours ago, riversco said:

Once again, we circle back around to how Madonna can say someone should blow up the white house and nothing happens to her.  Maxine Waters can advocate for confronting republicans in public and nothing happens to her.  But Don Cherry says this and there is immediate, swift and strong action.  Taken together, it leads people to see injustice in favor of democrats and racism against whites.  And this sort of stuff tears society apart.

If Don Cherry must lose his job for this, then society must also remove Maxine Waters for her comments and, at this point, the democrat leadership for backing her.  We as a society cannot exist with a double standard on this because it will lead to civil war.

Well he's Canadian.

It was dumb of him to say it.  Buying a poppy is not the pinnacle of showing support.  Lots of people find other ways to donate their money or time to support veterans.  He has no idea what those people do.  All he did was show his personal bias towards people with unsupported claims.  That dude is a bit unhinged.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It was dumb of him to say it.  Buying a poppy is not the pinnacle of showing support.  Lots of people find other ways to donate their money or time to support veterans.  He has no idea what those people do.  All he did was show his personal bias towards people with unsupported claims.  That dude is a bit unhinged.

So you agree that this is clearly a fire-able offense. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

So you agree that this is clearly a fire-able offense. 

I don't know.  That's completely up to the company that employs him since he represents that company.  I don't blame them for firing him but I don't think they had to.  If one of my employees did something that upset a large percentage of my customer base I would strongly consider firing them or reprimanding them in some way.

it's 2019, an 85 year old white male should never be allowed on television.

I wholeheartedly disagree with him being fired for what he said.

He aint be woke 

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Modern day immigrants show no respect for the countries they have come to. If you don't know this that means you have spent no real time around them. It's 100 pct true. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Modern day immigrants show no respect for the countries they have come to. If you don't know this that means you have spent no real time around them. It's 100 pct true. 

I'm sure there are a lot who don't but I don't believe all immigrants are that way and I think it's foolish to say different.

26 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm sure there are a lot who don't but I don't believe all immigrants are that way and I think it's foolish to say different.

Most are. They only come for the  free stuff. 

Hard to find people with the spine to stand up for things that are right or oppose things that are wrong; unless there is a strict adherence to one doctrine of course....

NFL players silently kneel and the GC thinks they need to leave politics out of sports etc. Don Cherry says some bigoted stuff during a broadcast and the GC acts like he’s a modern day MLK. 

:lol: 

• Like 2

Cherry did it once and got fired. Kaepernick did it all the time and got an endorsement. You would have to be a complete Fockin idiot not to see the difference. Only a cuck would think it's on the same level. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, MDC said:

NFL players silently kneel and the GC thinks they need to leave politics out of sports etc. Don Cherry says some bigoted stuff during a broadcast and the GC acts like he’s a modern day MLK. 

Kreapernick was taking a dump on the flag, the anthem, and those that died in battle. 

The Canadian immigrants were taking a dump on what this Canadian holds dear to his heart. 

I felt the same way when I went to Hawaii and saw a bunch of japs there. :thumbsdown:

17 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Kreapernick was taking a dump on the flag, the anthem, and those that died in battle. 

The Canadian immigrants were taking a dump on what this Canadian holds dear to his heart. 

I felt the same way when I went to Hawaii and saw a bunch of japs there. :thumbsdown:

It must suck to think that way all the time.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It must suck to think that way all the time.

Nope

He said nothing racist, didn't point out skin color or ethnicity, he just referred to immigrants in general. Then the safe space crowd gets all in a tizzy.

I'm glad he doubled down and didn't apologize.

My favorite Boston sports coach ever. I didn't think I could admire him any more than I did, but I do now. 💓

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Bigoted? :lol:

such a fayg

44 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It was though.  Really no denying it.

How so? Your hate for trump is bigoted. No denying it. 

15 minutes ago, drobeski said:

How so? Your hate for trump is bigoted. No denying it. 

You can go through every post I've made on here and FBG and you will never see me say I hate Trump.  I dislike him and don't want him as President but I don't hate him.

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Right.  All of those recent immigrants from the Middle East, Africa and Asia are some of the biggest hockey fans on the planet.

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You can go through every post I've made on here and FBG and you will never see me say I hate Trump.  I dislike him and don't want him as President but I don't hate him.

Nary a difference.

10 hours ago, MDC said:

So then you support this Cherry guy, because he firmly believes what he said...even though it might be idiotic or worthless to complain about, we should support him just because? 

Or does it depend on what the idiot in question supports?