Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Survivor; brutal Week 10..

I had three teams I was considering:  NO, Home, vs. ATL; 13 point spread; IND, home, vs. MIA; 11 point spread; and KC vs. TEN on the road; 6 point spread.  I went with New Orleans, and I'm now DONE..

Any others with stories to share?  😞

NO was the obvious choice. No need to beat yourself up over it. You could have made an argument that Indy was down to its third string QB and KC was still working Mahomes back in (although that's not why they lost). But unless you're one of those people who stays away from divisional games on principal, there were zero reasons to take the Falcons here. It was just one of those Any Given Sunday kind of games.

Only good news in my case is that my survivor pool is double elimination.

Thought NO was was the play until Sunday morning. Changed to Indy and watched my dreams ride off to next year.

32 minutes ago, Old School said:

Thought NO was was the play until Sunday morning. Changed to Indy and watched my dreams ride off to next year.

I have a rule that I won't change my pick after I make it (also generally try to avoid making fantasy roster changes in the last hour before gametime). But in your case, it sounds like you would have been screwed either way.

For those still alive after this week, who are you looking at Week 11? Oakland (vs Cinci) and Minnesota (vs Denver) seem to be the chalkiest picks, with Carolina, SF and Baltimore also lurking. I'm leaning Oakland, just because Cinci is so bad, but they're definitely the kind of team that could screw you over.

16 hours ago, zftcg said:

For those still alive after this week, who are you looking at Week 11? Oakland (vs Cinci) and Minnesota (vs Denver) seem to be the chalkiest picks, with Carolina, SF and Baltimore also lurking. I'm leaning Oakland, just because Cinci is so bad, but they're definitely the kind of team that could screw you over.

I agree with you on Cincy in that one of these weeks they're going to surprise someone, and Oakland certainly seems like a team that could get beaten by a lesser team. That being said, I'd be less likely to take OAK if the game was in Cincy but since it's on the west coast I think that's my pick. MIN is a slam dunk if you haven't used them though.