Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Samuels ROS

With Connor slated to come back, and with samuels’ crappy week, do u guys think he still is worth holding onto (for non-Connor owners)?  They didn’t seem to target him much in the passing game this week, and with the eventual return of snell/Edmonds, it would seem to just be a crowded backfield behind Connor. 

Hate to say it, but depends on your roster, and who’s available.  

I was really hoping for more from Samuels with Conner out. Just never panned out. WITH Conner back, I don't see him being all that trustworthy. Flex as best. Depending on your roster size and such of course.

A good question.  Since the Ben went down, the Steelers seem to be trying to exploit specific match-ups more than ever. If Conner is back, Samuels will only have limited value unless they scheme the wildcat against a specific opponent (and good luck predicting when that will happen).  However, Conner has proven to be less than durable, so I would hold.  I think it's likely that Samuels will start again this season and he can put up some good numbers (especially PPR) in that role.  Even with Snell/Edmonds getting the bulk of the between-the-tackles carries the last couple of weeks, it was usually Samuels who was on the field in the red-zone.