tubby_mcgee

Remington (gun, not razor) can be sued by Sandy Hook victims.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/12/business/remington-sandy-hook-supreme-court/index.html

Interesting. So.... 

Could someone sue Merck or Bayer if a loved one used their drug to commit suicide?

Could someone sue Prestone if someone used their antifreeze to poison someone?

Could someone sue the local grocer or a meat company if someone choked on a piece of steak and died?

Could someone sue_________________ if their product was a involved in any way in the death of someone?

I sure would think so.  It only makes sense now.  I would think if someone was typing and driving and crashed and died, that Mike could be sued if they were on FFtoday at the time.

How dumb is society ?  Jeezuz fvck. 

This is the dumbest focking thing I’ve ever read. And I’ve read a certain hardcore retards posts. If they honesty do sue them and win I will have lost all hope in America 

:thumbsdown:

I still question if it actually happened. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

:thumbsdown:

I still question if it actually happened. 

That’s because you’re a dumb sh1t

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

This is the dumbest focking thing I’ve ever read. And I’ve read a certain hardcore retards posts. If they honesty do sue them and win I will have lost all hope in America 

Triggered 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s because you’re a dumb sh1t

:lol:

Also you guys seem severely uninformed on this stuff. You have always been allowed to sue manufacturers and sellers of products when those products harm someone as a result of some defect. Congress passed a rule that specifically exempted gun manufacturers, and only gun manufacturers, from that law. Gun manufacturers were worried they’d get buried by product liability suits so they bought off their friends in Congress to protect them.

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Also you guys seem severely uninformed on this stuff. You have always been allowed to sue manufacturers and sellers of products when those products harm someone as a result of some defect. Congress passed a rule that specifically exempted gun manufacturers, and only gun manufacturers, from that law. Gun manufacturers were worried they’d get buried by product liability suits so they bought off their friends in Congress to protect them.

The only "defect" here was the defective person using the product. The product operated correctly. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Last time I checked, the gun worked perfectly fine. The only defect is in the brain of the idiots who think it’s ok to sue them for a product that worked 

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

"Defect" being the key word. They aren't being sued over defective guns.

And the law, which allows suits over negligence, came about because anti-gun groups were financing suits against manufacturers and trying to drive them out of business due to legal costs.

9 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

The only "defect" here was the defective person using the product. The product operated correctly. 

Well I tend to agree but that’s a separate question and it’d be for a jury to decide. If gun manufacturers weren’t exempt from liability by their friends in congress a person would be able to argue that the gun was unreasonable dangerous such as by not including a trigger lock, allowing too many rounds in the magazine, or whatever the case may be. Whether they were successful or not would depend on the trial.

Guarantee the stupid liberal controlled school system and the even dumber mother had this kid mainstreamed. 

Remington should be able to sue the school district and the town for failing to keep the school safe. If I was the lawyer I would already be preparing for my countersuit 

1 minute ago, Vikings4ever said:

"Defect" being the key word. They aren't being sued over defective guns.

And the law, which allows suits over negligence, came about because anti-gun groups were financing suits against manufacturers and trying to drive them out of business due to legal costs.

No it does not allow suits in negligence. That is incorrect. There are a few exceptions like “negligent entrustment” but that’s different than general negligence and pretty hard to prove. As long as gun sellers don’t sell to someone in violation of the law they are pretty much immune and gun manufacturers are basically totally immune.

Now this lawsuit is different in that they’re trying to sue based on false advertising. It’s a clever theory and a total end-around the law. I suspect it wouldn’t be permitted except the PLCAA is so ridiculous in the immunity it affords manufacturers and sellers that the courts are willing to look the other way a bit. Which I think is wrong—the law should be followed or changed by congress. But when even the conservative Supreme Court is willing to go along that ought to tell you something.

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Remington should be able to sue the school district and the town for failing to keep the school safe. If I was the lawyer I would already be preparing for my counter suit 

If you were the lawyer, all Remington employees would fold up shop and flee the country. 

• Haha 1

Just now, vuduchile said:

If you were the lawyer, all Remington employees would fold up shop and flee the country. 

Didn’t I say keep me out of your mouth? Swear if I were around you I’d slap my name out your mouth 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Didn’t I say keep me out of your mouth? Swear if I were around you I’d slap my name out your mouth 

You could try cream puff, but you might not like the end result.

You could try cream puff, but you might not like the end result.

B1tch bye. You’d end up on the pavement and you know it. No way in hell a little poosay like you even knows how to throw a proper punch. Tell you what big man. PM me your address and I’ll show you just how much of a poosay you are 

• Haha 1

Just now, Djgb13 said:

B1tch bye. You’d end up on the pavement and you know it. No way in hell a little poosay like you even knows how to throw a proper punch. Tell you what big man. PM me your address and I’ll show you just how much of a poosay you are 

Sure thing Toughie Tougherson.  

They are allowed to sue the company because of low quality humans.     

Sure thing Toughie Tougherson.  

Like I thought poosay. Just sit down and shut up 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Remington should be able to sue the school district and the town for failing to keep the school safe. If I was the lawyer I would already be preparing for my countersuit 

Absolutely.  The school should be sued into non-existence.

Then, IF the any of those families sue Remington, those families should be sued into bankruptcy for being so stupid and just wanting to partake in a money grab. 

Just now, tubby_mcgee said:

Absolutely.  The school should be sued into non-existence.

Then, IF the any of those families sue Remington, those families should be sued into bankruptcy for being so stupid and just wanting to partake in a money grab. 

I thought they bulldozed the focker down to eliminate all the evidence of it never happening. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Like I thought poosay. Just sit down and shut up 

Nah.  Think I'll stay and keep making fun of your sorry, lying, thieving ass.  

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Boom! 

This right here is an example of a poosay. He whines. He b1tches. He moans. On the internet. In person? He sits there quietly like a little b1tch. This right here is the type of b1tch vudouche is 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4nMkY8HAEE/?igshid=8lkjc1pa1mcv

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Digby34 is black ? Or just pretending again? 

Just now, bostonlager said:

I thought they bulldozed the focker down to eliminate all the evidence of it never happening. 

I agree with 90% of what you say.  I disagree with it being a "conspiracy".  I'm pretty sure it happened.

Now that being said.... retards all around.  The Supreme Court, by allowing it,  the families by suing the gun manufacturer.  So they are NOT suing the guy who did the shooting.

They ARE suing the middle man (Remington).  Why not sue American Steel or wherever they got the steel  or other parts from to make the gun?  Why not sue Roger, an employee of Remington?  Why not sue God?   He made it all possible.   Nope, the money. Go where the money is.  The middle man.    Its a money grab.  Nothing more.  Retards looking for easy money. 

The whole thing was created to further gun control........so this is just another chapter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

The whole thing was created to further gun control........so this is just another chapter.

I think that can happen.  I doubt it happened with Sandy Hook.  But I don't know. I wasn't there.  All I can go by is internet links.   Most show it happened.  Of course some show it didn't.  

Like, PETA bashing animals faces in with baseball bats on tape, then using that tape to promote being nice to animals. 

• Like 1

Someone get Digby34 some French fried taters. With mustard. He's ornery. 

6 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

And this retarded shite again. 🤦🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I think that can happen.  I doubt it happened with Sandy Hook.  But I don't know. I wasn't there.  All I can go by is internet links.   Most show it happened.  Of course some show it didn't.  

Like, PETA bashing animals faces in with baseball bats on tape, then using that tape to promote being nice to animals. 

Got damn I didn’t know PETA did that 

8 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Yep. Crime scene photos or it didn't happen. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

No it does not allow suits in negligence. That is incorrect. There are a few exceptions like “negligent entrustment” but that’s different than general negligence and pretty hard to prove. As long as gun sellers don’t sell to someone in violation of the law they are pretty much immune and gun manufacturers are basically totally immune.

Now this lawsuit is different in that they’re trying to sue based on false advertising. It’s a clever theory and a total end-around the law. I suspect it wouldn’t be permitted except the PLCAA is so ridiculous in the immunity it affords manufacturers and sellers that the courts are willing to look the other way a bit. Which I think is wrong—the law should be followed or changed by congress. But when even the conservative Supreme Court is willing to go along that ought to tell you something.

False advertising? You gotta be sh!ttin' me...If I'm on that jury, I know how I'm voting. I wouldn't even need to pay attention during the proceedings.

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Got damn I didn’t know PETA did that 

Again...the older I get...the more I realize it could be internet lore, wives tale, half truth, conspiracy, or 100% false or 100% true.

I thought they got caught doing something....like...I don't know....something the opposite of what their agenda promotes, and "framed" the other side, to make themselves look like heroes. 

Something with fox or mink. Gosh...I don't know.  I'll try to look it up.

12 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Here is one thing that I found without looking much.

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/peta-caught-using-staged-video-of-animal-torture/

I remember seeing this which is really similar 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/09/09/vegan-activist-who-rescued-16-rabbits-killed-over-100-in-the-process-report/amp/