zftcg

Anyone rolling Wentz out vs NE?

I started Jimmy G over Wentz's bye, and was planning on going back to him again next week for the Arizona match-up. But he looked bad last night, and while some of that may have been a result of losing all his weapons, there's no guarantee Kittle and Sanders will be better for next week.

There are other good options on the WW, including Carr and KAllen, but given that the Pittsburgh D is still out there, I'm thinking they may be a better use of that roster spot, and as a result I'm slowly talking myself into Wentz vs the top pass D in football. Not saying I'm expecting amazing things, but he is almost definitely the best passer they've faced all season (Lamar is better all around, of course, but the only Pats opponent so far who comes close to Wentz as a passer is Ben from Week 1).

So am I crazy? I don't need the Pittsburgh D; I have SF, but am a little worried about their late-season schedule. Point is, for that payoff I may be willing to roll the dice on Wentz this week.

I'd pick up and start Carr this week. He has a floor of 2 TDs and could even throw for 4. Tyrell and Waller are both due. OAK has something to play for. There should be no weather to contend with in OAK week 11. 

Keep the SF DEF in your lineup weekly. They have proven to be a matchup-proof DEF in my opinion.

Then start Wentz for the next few weeks. 

Well it’s an underwhelming choice but I wouldn’t totally shy away from it. Pats D obviously not as good as their wildly overinflated stats from the first half of the season against terrible opponents. They’re also better than they looked against Baltimore but I could see the eagles laying a respectable number of points on them.

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well it’s an underwhelming choice but I wouldn’t totally shy away from it. Pats D obviously not as good as their wildly overinflated stats from the first half of the season against terrible opponents. They’re also better than they looked against Baltimore but I could see the eagles laying a respectable number of points on them.

Exactly. In a vacuum I definitely think Carr is the better choice for this week. Question is if it's worth the potential downgrade to Wentz in order to lock up two of the top three fantasy DSTs for the rest of the season.

i could start foles @ IND instead.

tempted.

Not me, I have Wentz in two leagues.

Starting Dak and Kyler Murray

7 hours ago, zftcg said:

I started Jimmy G over Wentz's bye, and was planning on going back to him again next week for the Arizona match-up. But he looked bad last night, and while some of that may have been a result of losing all his weapons, there's no guarantee Kittle and Sanders will be better for next week.

There are other good options on the WW, including Carr and KAllen, but given that the Pittsburgh D is still out there, I'm thinking they may be a better use of that roster spot, and as a result I'm slowly talking myself into Wentz vs the top pass D in football. Not saying I'm expecting amazing things, but he is almost definitely the best passer they've faced all season (Lamar is better all around, of course, but the only Pats opponent so far who comes close to Wentz as a passer is Ben from Week 1).

So am I crazy? I don't need the Pittsburgh D; I have SF, but am a little worried about their late-season schedule. Point is, for that payoff I may be willing to roll the dice on Wentz this week.

I would pick up Carr. 

I picked up Carr, a decision I'm feeling even better about with news that Jeffrey is no lock to play. Wentz facing the best D in the league potentially minus two of his top three receiving targets is no bueno.

Goff

I think I’m rolling him out, at home and wants to show he can do what Foles did....I’ll be good w a fraction of that. 

1 hour ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

I tried the guy with a higher waiver pick grabbed him. I grabbed Foles and Jimmy G. I am thinking Foles. 

You lucked out. Why would you start a guy like Goff in a dysfunctional offense with one of the toughest pass Ds in the league? Between Foles and Jimmy it’s close but I’d lean Foles. If Carr or KAllen are still out there I’d start either over any of those guys

14 hours ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

I tried the guy with a higher waiver pick grabbed him. I grabbed Foles and Jimmy G. I am thinking Foles. 

Like Jimmy Vs that Zona def.