tubby_mcgee

Liberals want to change "Christmas Tree" to "Holiday Tree"

54 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Some of you, yes.

I know valuing tradition is a very important part of being a conservative but so is valuing personal freedom, correct?

Its a fooking Christmas tree!  Thats it.  End of story.  A damn tree decorated to celebrate Christmas is a Christmas tree. If it was simply an evergreen tree, as you call it, Id call it an evergreen. But its not.  Its specifically been decorated to celebrate Christmas. Why the fook must we call things that theyre not to pacify people?  Case in point...chicks with dicks are fuking men.  JFC whats wrong with people?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Call it whatever you want.  Who cares?

I do. For the same reasons I care that all the different pronouns are pushed on us.

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Its a fooking Christmas tree!  Thats it.  End of story.  A damn tree decorated to celebrate Christmas is a Christmas tree. If it was simply an evergreen tree, as you call it, Id call it an evergreen. But its not.  Its specifically been decorated to celebrate Christmas. Why the fook must we call things that theyre not to pacify people?  Case in point...chicks with dicks are fuking men.  JFC whats wrong with people?

Maybe because the main reason people left England to settle in this country was to get away from a Govt/King that was also the head of the  church...seemed pretty important to the Founding Fathers too since it's a part of the First Amendment to the Constitution

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Maybe because the main reason people left England to settle in this country was to get away from a Govt/King that was also the head of the  church...seemed pretty important to the Founding Fathers too since it's a part of the First Amendment to the Constitution

That's a load of crap.  The founders were religious.  The whole separation of church and state thing isn't intended to EXCLUDE any particular religion, just to ensure that all religions are allowed and respected in this country.  The state has a had an official Christmas tree for a long time.  It's a Christmas tree.  If they want to have a Hanukah Menora as well I'm fine with that but the established tradition is to have a Christmas tree.  If we're going to have it, call it what it is. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Then dont fuking put it up???  But it is up .And its a Christmas tree.

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You're free to leave.

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

You're free to leave.

We’re free to call a tree whatever the fock we want to call it as well.  I call it a Christmas tree and if anyone else wants to call it something different then go right ahead.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

We’re free to call a tree whatever the fock we want to call it as well.  I call it a Christmas tree and if anyone else wants to call it something different then go right ahead.

And I call you a liberal. Who cares, right?

We all know that they'll win.  In time if it hasn't started already Menards and Home Depot etc will be advertising sales on their pre-lit holiday trees.  

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The government should call it what the people want them to.  I don't care what the governor calls his tree at home.  I do care, although not that much, what he calls his constituent's tree.  Do you not see the difference?  You can't be this dense.

49 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I was agreeing with you. To each their own. 

Wooosh

This reminds me of how blacks take offense when non black ethnicities are called “people of color” like they are the only ones who should be called PoC. Asians and Indians surely take offense to their taking offense.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

The government should call it what the people want them to.  I don't care what the governor calls his tree at home.  I do care, although not that much, what he calls his constituent's tree.  Do you not see the difference?  You can't be this dense.

I assure you, he is.

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

This reminds me of how blacks take offense when non black ethnicities are called “people of color” like they are the only ones who should be called PoC. Asians and Indians surely take offense to their taking offense.

Yet we can't call them colored people.  WTF?  Make up your mind.

Liberals want to weaponize christmas and use it in their arsenal to make people feel guilty because inclusion and diversity.  if every republican accepted the new term of holiday tree, then liberals would just say holiday tree isnt inclusive enough and use a new term because its about making republicans feel guilty to win elections, not because they want positive change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

It’s not chicks with dicks it’s doods with boobs...they aren’t chicks 

People should call it what they want, just dont tell me what to call it....thats all

• Thanks 1

War on Christmas season - brings a tear to my eye every year. 🎄 🎅 😢 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

War on Christmas season - brings a tear to my eye every year. 🎄 🎅 😢 

I knew it was the season cause I saw all the snowflakes.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

:D 

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yep, you were right on cue!

Just now, Gladiators said:

Yep, you were right on cue!

I don't think Honcho knows what "snowflake" actually means.  The "snowflakes" are the ones that want to change it in the first place.  :doh:

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

is it @Mookz that gets excited about a neatly trimmed chanukah bush?

I think we all do, but heck yeah.  :banana:
In fact, my cute supervisor is of hebreic ancestries, and apparently I knew it before she did.  She found out from 23andMe.  When she told the story, I was like "A-HA!!" (to myself).  Unfortunately I don't think I'll be trimming her Hanukkah Bush anytime soon.  :( 

• Like 1

It's always been a Christmas tree. Who's looking to change it ? Seems they are the snowflakes.  

From a logical perspective anyways.  

We should probably take the tree's feelings into consideration. What if it doesn't identify as a holiday tree?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

We should probably take the tree's feelings into consideration. What if it doesn't identify as a holiday tree?

What if it "feels" like it is actually a broadleaf tree, and by forcing it into a trope traditionally filled by needle trees we are irreparably harming it? :huh:

15 minutes ago, RLLD said:

What if it "feels" like it is actually a broadleaf tree, and by forcing it into a trope traditionally filled by needle trees we are irreparably harming it? :huh:

#treelivesmatter

Next it'll be the word entirely,just think of how many classics will be gone :(

"I'm dreaming of a white holiday

"O Holiday Tree,O Holiday Tree...

"Have yourself a merry little holiday...

"Rockin' around the holiday tree...

"

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

#treelivesmatter

🤣

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

Next it'll be the word entirely,just think of how many classics will be gone :(

"O Holiday Tree,O Holiday Tree...

"Have yourself a merry little holiday...

"Rockin' around the holiday tree...

"

We can just refer to it as the C word. :dunno:

2 hours ago, nzoner said:

That may be racist.  :lol:

While we're at it, what should we refer to female genital mutilation as now? That description sounds very harsh and is disrespectful.  

4 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

That may be racist.  :lol:

I was thinking that as I typed that but you can bet if it gets that far that'll be next.

"I'm dreaming of a multi-colored holiday... :wacko:

It's not hurting me any. I will continue to call a Christmas tree a Christmas tree just as I will continue to call a spade a spade. 

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

While we're at it, what should we refer to female genital mutilation as now? That description sounds very harsh and is disrespectful.  

An excuse for not being able to give her an orgasm. 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

On 11/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

And I don't think any mooslim would object to me calling a burka a public executioner's costume. "Oh that's a scary outfit little girl, but today's not Halloween (aka scary festival day). But here's an old jolly rancher anyway. Next year maybe go with the sexy ktty outfit. On second thought, don't."