San Francisco now has mural of Greta Thunberg...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climate-change-greta-thunberg-mural/massive-mural-of-greta-thunberg-to-stare-down-at-san-francisco-idUSKBN1XN03W

A massive portrait of Greta Thunberg gazed down onto San Francisco on Tuesday night after an artist unveiled a mural of the Swedish teen activist in a bid to remind residents of the dangers posed by climate change.

The 60-foot tall, 30-foot wide (18-by-9 meter) mural was revealed hours after Thunberg announced on Twitter that she would be leaving the United States by boat on Wednesday, headed for a United Nations climate change conference in Madrid in December.

The teenager rejects air travel because of its high levels of greenhouse gas emissions.

Argentine street artist Andres Petreselli, who signs his work Cobre, says the portrait of Thunberg, 16, was unusual because he typically does not address politics, religion or sports.

“But, this one is ... I feel connected with the politics behind (it) because I think it is real and if I have to compare it with the rest of my murals, this is the most political one that I ever made,” the 32-year-old said as he sat on a roof with the mural behind him.

Petreselli previously painted a since-demolished mural of the late actor Robin Williams in San Francisco.

Paul Scott, the executive director of OneAtmosphere.org, the San Francisco nonprofit that funded the work, said he hoped passers-by would be “touched” by the image of Thunberg, who has mobilized a global youth movement against climate change.

“We are really just hoping that it stops and makes them think, that this will amplify Greta’s message, that people will start to understand the clear call for action that she is sending out,” Scott said.

Thunberg has spent the last three months in North America after arriving in New York City by boat on Aug. 28, delivering a speech at a United Nations climate summit there in September.

In her Twitter post on Tuesday she said she would set sail from Virginia in the morning on a 48-foot catamaran whose owners have offered her a ride across the Atlantic.

"Better" Pictures

Hopefully it gets pissed on. 

13 minutes ago, posty said:

The teenager rejects air travel because of its high levels of greenhouse gas emissions.

:lol:  Clean boats sure have done wonders for aquatic life.  Sad little pawn of the neo fascists.

Props to the artist for accurately portraying that little kvnt's crossed eyes. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

wow. just wow.

also now someone post the greta swedish death metal video. :D

4 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

it's just pure genius:first:

it really is :lol:

Which Geek is this? :lol: ........love this guy!!!

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Still better than a statue of a fictional fighter.   

Rocky statue vs a painting of this little kvnt at an auction - are you suggesting her painting would get a higher bid? That's just dumb, Mike. 

You guys seem to get really worked up over some child's 15 minutes of fame.  Damn.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kanil said:

You guys seem to get really worked up over some child's 15 minutes of fame.  Damn.

I think the people painting murals of her are the ones getting worked up. Most of us are just calling it out as retarded 

• Like 1

Well, libtards elected a 28 year old part time bartender to congress and, gave her a platform. Why shouldn't we listen to a 15 year old on energy policy? 

14 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I think the people painting murals of her are the ones getting worked up. Most of us are just calling it out as retarded 

Both the person painting the murals, and the people getting worked up over the words of a 15 year old girl deserve to be called out as retarded.

Just now, Kanil said:

Both the person painting the murals, and the people getting worked up over the words of a 15 year old girl deserve to be called out as retarded.

Fair enough. I can agree with that. I’m not worked up over her stuff but I do feel like her whole spiel was dumb. The people getting pissed over it and the people praising her like she’s Jesus need to hit a joint and get some “fock it” in their system cause they seem too involved in it when it has nothing to do with them. Actually, some people here at the GC have the same problem 

So, question... if someone paints graffiti over that mural, will the leftist defend that "art work" like they do other graffiti across the country?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So, question... if someone paints graffiti over that mural, will the leftist defend that "art work" like they do other graffiti across the country?

It’s amazing how liberals get pissed if someone talks bad about her, proclaiming “she’s a child! How DARE you, an adult, talk about her like that!” When they do the same exact thing, if not worse, to trumps kids. One of the biggest reasons why I hate liberals is because they are hypocrites 

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

It's simply not organic, and those who love freedom can smell it immediately.

18 hours ago, posty said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climate-change-greta-thunberg-mural/massive-mural-of-greta-thunberg-to-stare-down-at-san-francisco-idUSKBN1XN03W

A massive portrait of Greta Thunberg gazed down onto San Francisco on Tuesday night after an artist unveiled a mural of the Swedish teen activist in a bid to remind residents of the dangers posed by climate change.

The 60-foot tall, 30-foot wide (18-by-9 meter) mural was revealed hours after Thunberg announced on Twitter that she would be leaving the United States by boat on Wednesday, headed for a United Nations climate change conference in Madrid in December.

Argentine street artist Andres Petreselli, who signs his work Cobre, says the portrait of Thunberg, 16, was unusual because he typically does not address politics, religion or sports.

“But, this one is ... I feel connected with the politics behind (it) because I think it is real and if I have to compare it with the rest of my murals, this is the most political one that I ever made,” the 32-year-old said as he sat on a roof with the mural behind him.

Petreselli previously painted a since-demolished mural of the late actor Robin Williams in San Francisco.

Paul Scott, the executive director of OneAtmosphere.org, the San Francisco nonprofit that funded the work, said he hoped passers-by would be “touched” by the image of Thunberg, who has mobilized a global youth movement against climate change.

“We are really just hoping that it stops and makes them think, that this will amplify Greta’s message, that people will start to understand the clear call for action that she is sending out,” Scott said.

Thunberg has spent the last three months in North America after arriving in New York City by boat on Aug. 28, delivering a speech at a United Nations climate summit there in September.

In her Twitter post on Tuesday she said she would set sail from Virginia in the morning on a 48-foot catamaran whose owners have offered her a ride across the Atlantic.

"Better" Pictures

There is a certain fantasy football bulletin board I am familiar with where I imagine many of the folks that post there regularly have had multiple orgasms to this mural.

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

There is a certain fantasy football bulletin board I am familiar with where I imagine many of the folks that post there regularly have had multiple orgasms to this mural.

Was it really multiple or did Greta's crossed eyes see multiple?

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

:lol:

I am sure that they have...

21 hours ago, Big Guy said:

It's simply not organic, and those who love freedom can smell it immediately.

I guess that explains why you all care so much and bring her up every time she's mentioned in any form of news story.

22 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

It’s amazing how liberals get pissed if someone talks bad about her, proclaiming “she’s a child! How DARE you, an adult, talk about her like that!” When they do the same exact thing, if not worse, to trumps kids. One of the biggest reasons why I hate liberals is because they are hypocrites 

This seems to imply that you think conservatives are not hypocrites?  You obviously don't read this board at all.

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

I guess that explains why you all care so much and bring her up every time she's mentioned in any form of news story.

she's a fockin' joke

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

she's a fockin' joke

3 minutes ago, Kanil said:

well yeah.........what's your point?

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

well yeah.........what's your point?

See my original post.