Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Anyone ever had Coquito?

Looking at making some for when we get together for thanksgiving. Haven’t ever had it before but sounds like I’d like it along with my family. @Bier Meister you ever had it? Feel like if anyone here has had it or made it it would be you 

I have had several brazillian, cuban, and other south american/carribbean cocktails... not this one

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

I have had several brazillian, cuban, and other south american/carribbean cocktails... not this one

Sounds like egg nog but coconut based. Looked and sounded interesting. I’m gonna make it in a week or so and let you know. Just wanted to find out if anyone has had it and if it was good 

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Reading it now. Looks like it’s called Creme de Vie (cuba), rompope (Mexican), cremas (Haiti), and ponche creme (Venezuela) 

37 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Forget you had me on ignore? Lol. Sucka. 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I wonder if retard here knows you can see how posts in threads 🤦🏻‍♂️

I know what ignore means. And you're failing at it. 

Looks like Rumchata with coconut milk added.  I like the taste of Rumchata and egg nogs in general, but IMO they get sweet and cloying really fast.  Chicks often dig that though -- if you want to get your aunt drunk and dancing on the dinner table, go for it.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Looks like Rumchata with coconut milk added.  I like the taste of Rumchata and egg nogs in general, but IMO they get sweet and cloying really fast.  Chicks often dig that though -- if you want to get your aunt drunk and dancing on the dinner table, go for it.  :thumbsup:

Looked a little thicker to me but it could also be the recipe used. I’m gonna try it out and I’ll let you know. I would send some to a few of you but something like that might spoil in transit. 

I've had it every Christmas for about 20 years.  It's a Puerto Rican egg nog.  I can get you a recipe if you want.  It's good... and depending on whose making it, will kick your ass all sneaky like.

1 minute ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I've had it every Christmas for about 20 years.  It's a Puerto Rican egg nog.  I can get you a recipe if you want.  It's good... and depending on whose making it, will kick your ass all sneaky like.

Yes please! I would love a good, authentic recipe. I might make some with the rum. And some without the rum. That way we can have both available. How does it taste? You like it? 

12 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yes please! I would love a good, authentic recipe. I might make some with the rum. And some without the rum. That way we can have both available. How does it taste? You like it? 

My woman is out of town, let me ask her Aunties for their recipe and get back to you.  Yeah I dig it, it's pretty good.  About as thick as egg nog so you don't want to swill it all the time, but fun for holiday parties.  It doesn't taste like egg nogg in the traditional sense.  More like... a coconut creamy, dash of cinnamon and nutmeg I think... rum... some other stuff.  I'll post it.

From Titi...

Coquito
1 can condensed milk
2 cans evaporated milk
1 can Coco Lopez or other Coconut milk
1/2 coconut cream
1/2 pitoro (rum) or to your taste cinnamon to your taste
1 tbsp. Vanilla

That's the way I do it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

From Titi...

Coquito
1 can condensed milk
2 cans evaporated milk
1 can Coco Lopez or other Coconut milk
1/2 coconut cream
1/2 pitoro (rum) or to your taste cinnamon to your taste
1 tbsp. Vanilla

That's the way I do it.

Thanks bro! Will definitely be making this right before thanksgiving since we will be spending Christmas in Nebraska and Colorado 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 4:23 PM, Djgb13 said:

Thanks bro! Will definitely be making this right before thanksgiving since we will be spending Christmas in Nebraska and Colorado 

Well?  How was it?

9 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Well?  How was it?

Pretty damn good. Will be making it again next Christmas 

‘Spics give it to me every year. I don’t drink homemade stuff. I politely accept it. Thank them. Then toss it in trash 

9 minutes ago, shotsup said:

‘Spics give it to me every year. I don’t drink homemade stuff. I politely accept it. Thank them. Then toss it in trash 

They think it's some sort of unique concoction. I guess they don't get Baily's on the islands.  

It sounds awful.

Margaritas at the beach or bloody Mary's a few times a year is it for me and mixed drinks.

6 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

How did I miss this?  👍

Have you seen his latest beauty in the gun thread? Classic Digby.  

51 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

It sounds awful.

Margaritas at the beach or bloody Mary's a few times a year is it for me and mixed drinks.

If you like eggnog you’d like it