Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Sometimes, more is actually less...

Gotta say I absolutely hate the idea of the NFL going to a 17-game schedule. Just a bad idea on so many levels. Thoughts? 

Initial thought, Yup. Sucks. 

Preseason is a joke. The coaches, players, and fans have been conditioned to basically know who plays when. Season ticket holders may benefit from this; I’m no longer, good for them!

How this effects us? Expand roster size which means longer drafts... which means if you don’t already, go online drafts.

indirectly- I HATE London games, therefore  I no likey.

Tougher on the players. 

But doesn’t matter when it comes to ff, looks like 15 week reg season.  

There are already so many injuries and so much wear and tear on the body...plus, they're wanting the Super Bowl now to be the third weekend in February? No thanks. Part of the reason football is great is that the season leaves you wanting just a little more. This is just greed. Messes up the perfect schedule. Messes with the home-away balance. Again, no thanks. More injuries. Shorter careers. Boo. 

15 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

Gotta say I absolutely hate the idea of the NFL going to a 17-game schedule. Just a bad idea on so many levels. Thoughts? 

I don't think it would be so bad if the refs didn't decide so many games.

2 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

I hadn't even thought about the uneven home-away factor. Yeah, that sucks. All the other sports have an even amount of games. I like symmetry.

They could always get around this by giving 8 home, 8 away, and 1 nuetral site (London, Mexico, etc.).

2 minutes ago, Beyond Chaos said:

They could always get around this by giving 8 home, 8 away, and 1 nuetral site (London, Mexico, etc.).

Yeah, it got me thinking about those stupid London games, too. They'd have to give the "home" team in the neutral site games 8 real home games, or else they'd have a 7-10 split.