mmmmm...beer

The Mandalorian....

1st episode tonight..

Love it... pretty happy they didn't make it to cheezy (as much ad you can).

Music was decent... not overly Star Warsy...  fun watch and exciting to see more!

They have just totally over saturated this “franchise.” I can’t even keep track of it anymore

• Like 1

I heard Bill Burr is in it. That's pretty much all I know about it. 

1 hour ago, Reality said:

First episode was very good.  I'm all in.

I believe the second episode is released today.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:12 AM, mmmmm...beer said:

1st episode tonight..

Love it... pretty happy they didn't make it to cheezy (as much ad you can).

Music was decent... not overly Star Warsy...  fun watch and exciting to see more!

I thought the music was WAY too much---every scene had a massive music bed.  Felt like I was watching a soap opera.

As for the rest, thought it was more style over substance at this point, with a lot of padding to fill out an episode so it can be a series, rather than a mini-series.   It has potential though, I hope that it finds it footing quickly.  I have it as a C+ for the open, think it has A-/B+ potential.  

So is everyone else loving this show as much as I am? Episode 5 comes out in the morning. But I’m pleasantly surprised with how good it’s been. Makes me hopeful for more of Disney’s original content shows for the future 

On 11/14/2019 at 6:35 PM, IGotWorms said:

They have just totally over saturated this “franchise.” I can’t even keep track of it anymore

You should stick to the Mickey Mouse Club. Maybe you can follow that.

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

So is everyone else loving this show as much as I am? Episode 5 comes out in the morning. But I’m pleasantly surprised with how good it’s been. Makes me hopeful for more of Disney’s original content shows for the future 

:thumbsup: We have a winner here!

27 minutes ago, sderk said:

You should stick to the Mickey Mouse Club. Maybe you can follow that.

Looks like I have a stalker :wub:

35 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I'm still on the fence---every episode is the same---Mandalorian goes somewhere, meets new ally, encounters obstacle---with blaster and help from ally overcomes obstacle...goes somewhere else.   

Story wise, I don't find it much different than the spaghetti westerns---just padded out from movie length to episodic length.   On the plus side, as a huge fan of Star Wars, I find the production values top notch and happy that there isn't a massive overuse of CGI.   Not bad, but after seeing 4 episodes it's a B- so far, just a tad bit better than average.  

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Really loving this show, it’s better than I thought it would be.

Same here. A lot better. The new Star Wars movies weren’t that good and streaming shows are hit or miss. But this one is definitely worth the watch. Even my wife loves it and can’t wait for the new episode 

I'm really digging it, excited for each new episode. Coolest part, my 16 year old son is way into it and we watch together. There's not much out now that we watch together consistently.

30 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm still on the fence---every episode is the same---Mandalorian goes somewhere, meets new ally, encounters obstacle---with blaster and help from ally overcomes obstacle...goes somewhere else.   

Story wise, I don't find it much different than the spaghetti westerns---just padded out from movie length to episodic length.   On the plus side, as a huge fan of Star Wars, I find the production values top notch and happy that there isn't a massive overuse of CGI.   Not bad, but after seeing 4 episodes it's a B- so far, just a tad bit better than average.  

Spoiler warning:

Agreed.  We finally got around to watching the latest episode yesterday.  When they showed the woman in the water with a determined look about fighting the bad guys, I made a comment about Pale Rider coming in to save the day and while he's at it he'll ignore the advances of the love interest.  My wife, god love her, recognized the Eastwood western reference. :wub:  In hindsight the Mandalorian is maybe more like Josey Wales, although the people he collects don't seem to stick around.

37 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

This is the least shocking thing I have ever read. 

4 hours ago, Reality said:

I'm really digging it, excited for each new episode. Coolest part, my 16 year old son is way into it and we watch together. There's not much out now that we watch together consistently.

The hub man...the hub...just sayin

Hey son!!!  Cmere and watch this chick get gaped and a dirty atm!!!

Finally got through season 1. There are a few meh EPs early on, but  damn that show got better and better throughout the season. Can't wait to catch up on season 2.

Fun fact. Cool that Nick Nolte finally got a piece of that franchise. Seeing as how he was supposed to be the original Han Solo.

On 12/5/2019 at 4:56 PM, tanatastic said:

I've been all in on this show from the start. Love it. Episode 5 just came out 30 minutes ago. Grabbing a beer and time to watch. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

To me, you sell Star Wars with lightsaber battles.  I would watch the sheet out of a Obi Wan TV series starring Ewan McGregor.  But I can't seem to be motivated to watch Mandalorian.  That's not to say Mandalorian is poorly written, nor am I saying I won't watch it eventually.  It might be extremely well written and I might be really into it someday.  But i just haven't bothered.  You dangle a lightsaber wielding Jedi in a live action TV series in front of me and I sign up immediately.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

To me, you sell Star Wars with lightsaber battles.  I would watch the sheet out of a Obi Wan TV series starring Ewan McGregor.  But I can't seem to be motivated to watch Mandalorian.  That's not to say Mandalorian is poorly written, nor am I saying I won't watch it eventually.  It might be extremely well written and I might be really into it someday.  But i just haven't bothered.  You dangle a lightsaber wielding Jedi in a live action TV series in front of me and I sign up immediately.

If you aint into it, then you're not. That's cool.

But for the others here...Season 2 episode 5 just came out. And it is awesome. Mandalorian meets up with a Jedi. Talk about light sabering. Yep.

This was the best one this season so far.

• Like 1

Cancel culture is attacking

Baby Yoda because he ate a few eggs they want him cancelled and they are hot on the heels of Gina Carano because she is anti mask.

43 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Baby Yoda because he ate a few eggs they want him cancelled and they are hot on the heels of Gina Carano because she is anti mask.

I don't know how you can be anti Mask. Great movie. And I tear up every time Rocky Dennis doesn't wake up in the end.

57 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Did they hate it when the rebels blew up the death star? Think of all the innocent electricians and plumbers for God's sake!!

I haven’t watched that Star Wars cartoon but apparently the Jedi in today’s episode is from it. Was reading that apparently it was actually a good cartoon series that ties into the actual Star Wars story instead of just being a kids show 

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I haven’t watched that Star Wars cartoon but apparently the Jedi in today’s episode is from it. Was reading that apparently it was actually a good cartoon series that ties into the actual Star Wars story instead of just being a kids show 

My girlfriend has been watching the cartoon just to follow that character for when she would be shown in Mandelorian. I've seen a bunch of those cartoon episodes and they can be addicting.

The girl in the cartoon was young. They made her older in the Mandelorian and nailed the look perfectly.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

My girlfriend has been watching the cartoon just to follow that character for when she would be shown in Mandelorian. I've seen a bunch of those cartoon episodes and they can be addicting.

Never watched it. Just seen commercials for it. Saw that there’s 7 seasons of it which is surprising 

Last episode is the best one yet, especially if you've seen Clone Wars. 

Watched it with my son when he was young, great tie in, he's loving it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

Last episode is the best one yet, especially if you've seen Clone Wars. 

Watched it with my son when he was young, great tie in, he's loving it.

Yes. :thumbsup:

I liked season 1.......but so far season 2 is pretty weak imo

19 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I liked season 1.......but so far season 2 is pretty weak imo

Gina got pretty chub in that last episode.  She was nice and athletic thick last season... the scales have tipped to a new fresh Covid 30.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Gina got pretty chub in that last episode.  She was nice and athletic thick last season... the scales have tipped to a new fresh Covid 30.

Would still hit it. Looks like she could suck a golf ball through a water hose 

54 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Would still hit it. Looks like she could suck a golf ball through a water hose 

Well... I didn't say I wouldn't smash it... the hell are you insinuating?! 

7 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Well... I didn't say I wouldn't smash it... the hell are you insinuating?! 

Haha some guys here would claim “oh no she’s fat. I’m not touching her”. She’s chunked out but I would still smash just like you would lol 

Honestly though, I didn’t know she used to be a UFC fighter but I can definitely see it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

The girl in the cartoon was young. They made her older in the Mandelorian and nailed the look perfectly.

Where would one find this cartoon?  Or should I watch Clone Wars instead (is that a single movie?).  Basically what is the best way to get the back story on the Mandalorian, including the Boba Fett story. TIA. :cheers:

I’m enjoying this series and hearing (and reading here) about tie-ins like this, but I’m not a Star Wars expert.