mmmmm...beer

The Mandalorian....

21 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

I haven’t watched that Star Wars cartoon but apparently the Jedi in today’s episode is from it. Was reading that apparently it was actually a good cartoon series that ties into the actual Star Wars story instead of just being a kids show 

The animated shows are actually really good. If you’re a Star Wars fan then you’ll like them. They’re not just for kids. 

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Where would one find this cartoon?  Or should I watch Clone Wars instead (is that a single movie?).  Basically what is the best way to get the back story on the Mandalorian, including the Boba Fett story. TIA. :cheers:

I’m enjoying this series and hearing (and reading here) about tie-ins like this, but I’m not a Star Wars expert.

Pretty much everything is on Disney+. That’s how I watched them all. They fill in the story between the movies and some other storylines. 

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Where would one find this cartoon?  Or should I watch Clone Wars instead (is that a single movie?).  Basically what is the best way to get the back story on the Mandalorian, including the Boba Fett story. TIA. :cheers:

I’m enjoying this series and hearing (and reading here) about tie-ins like this, but I’m not a Star Wars expert.

We watch it on Disney. Same as Mandalorian. It's under Star Wars: The Clone Wars. All 7 seasons are on there at this time. I'm probably going to start it from the beginning at some point. I have watched a few with my girlfriend and I liked what I saw. I think Boba Fett is like supposed to be around 10 years old in that timeframe but I would have to look it up.

I think Ahsoka was the first character ever drawn up by on of the guys (Dave Filoni) who was involved in the producing and writing and directing of Clone Wars and he directed the latest Mandalorian episode. The last part below is important to know and is what plays into Ahsoka's decisions in the latest episode of Madalorian. 

Filoni and Ahsoka voice actress Ashley Eckstein also noted how elements of the character’s identity changed over time. She was always conceptualized as a Togruta alien with orange skin and blue and white head tails, but was originally named Ashla. At one point, the writers also wanted to imply that Ahsoka was among the younglings being trained by Yoda in Attack of the Clones, but that idea was written off due to age inconsistency.

Ahsoka Tano was introduced in the 2008 Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated movie as a Padawan assigned to Anakin Skywalker.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-ahsoka-first-character-dave-filoni-drew/

10 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yesterday’s episode surprised me. Actually took off his helmet 

Showed how much he wanted Grogu back. Awesome twist to the story. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Showed how much he wanted Grogu back. Awesome twist to the story. :thumbsup:

It really surprised me. Never thought we’d see his face in the show 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

It really surprised me. Never thought we’d see his face in the show 

Dude we saw it last season.... he got his ass kicked and his face was bloody.

34 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Dude we saw it last season.... he got his ass kicked and his face was bloody.

Sorry don’t remember that :dunno: 

edit: had to go and find it. I faintly remember it now but honestly forgot about it 

Last night's episode ( #15 ) was in my opinion the best yet of the entire series

32 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Last night's episode ( #15 ) was in my opinion the best yet of the entire series

Seems to be a common theme this season. New episode airs: turns out to be the best so far 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Seems to be a common theme this season. New episode airs: turns out to be the best so far 

True. It's been a great show.

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

True. It's been a great show.

It really has. I just hope they don’t write off Gina Carano 

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I hope not either. Probably depends on her schedule. She really got to be a buffed up chick from these previous days:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gina+Carano&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS925US925&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=qKxV0OLOt9mpaM%2COfSpC8aBr3n4BM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQhMrL0axyWB-bPyZ9XbnaqIJhgyw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwicuKCA6sntAhUDZd8KHf6CAnIQ_h16BAghEAE#imgrc=yEHzt_E7xF8PkM

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Oh I know. My wife and I were surprised when we saw how skinny she used to be. First saw her in Deadpool so I had always seen her buff. Would still smash tho 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

I just hope she drops 100 lbs 

29 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So, what did people think of the end of season 2?

Haven't watched it yet. Soon to be seen. TGIF. :banana:

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

OMG dude!!! We were sooooooooo geeking out!! Holeeeee FOCK!!! 😲😲😲❤❤❤

Din beats moff !!!

13 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Quality stuff..and a Fett spinoff??  Sweet times ahead!!

Yep. That's awesome. It should be interesting to see how the show starts out next year. And maybe the spinoff is to keep people engaged in the stories until the next season is ready to start. 

• Like 1

Lost my freaking mind at that finale, what an incredible show. They are doing a ton of spin-offs as well and I’m here for it. This show better than most of the movies.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Lost my freaking mind at that finale, what an incredible show. They are doing a ton of spin-offs as well and I’m here for it. This show better than most of the movies.

Best Star Wars scene I've watched since Jedi.... seriously.

When thst specific ship flys by tbr bridge... Is'sike.... noooooooo fuxkin way! My fam was like.. what?  What's that mean?...

Me: "just shut your focking mouths and watch!!!"

😯

6 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yep. That's awesome. It should be interesting to see how the show starts out next year. And maybe the spinoff is to keep people engaged in the stories until the next season is ready to start. 

I missed something. Looks like the Fett offshoot may not come until next December. Hmmm.....

On 12/18/2020 at 6:01 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Did anybody else notice that they mastered warp travel, super cool badass robots, laser rifles, death stars, but still haven't quite figured out how to come up with color monitors?

Excellent Final Episode by the way. At first I was a little taken aback that they let baby yoda die. But if you think about it, the story has been going that direction the whole time.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Did anybody else notice that they mastered warp travel, super cool badass robots, laser rifles, death stars, but still haven't quite figured out how to come up with color monitors?

Those were the night vision cams

Excellent show last night. Season 3 is shaping up!! 

Bo-Katan is officially in the mix. Great way to bring her into the fold considering what the other group she was with did to her. :banana: