Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Steelers at Browns: In-Game Discussion

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Skipping over that he clubbed him with a helmet. You his lawyer? 

If You FIRST take a swing at me, I’m going to react, and attempt to hit you harder..

I’m not defending Garrett’s action, but Rudolph first tried to rip Garrett’s helmet off and failed.. because he is a smaller, weaker human being. I don’t feel that Rudolph is a victim here. Garrett didn’t rip off his helmet and swing it at him for no reason.

Of course he’s wrong for overrreacting, but I’m not sure why people feel only Garrett was in the wrong here. I stand by my original statement... 2 games, large fine. 

Assult? Come on. Rudolph was smiling 2 minutes right after it all happened.

13 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Overreactions in my opinion.

It was cause & effect..

Myles thought Rudolph still had the ball, therefore went for the sack. Rudolph attempted to pull Myle’s helmet off in retaliation. He failed, because Garrett is a large human being.

2 Game suspension + hefty fine (50Kish)

*Pouncy wasn’t exactly demonstrating self defense. 1 game, 25K

Swing and a miss on your part. Good spin though.

3 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

If You FIRST take a swing at me, I’m going to react, and attempt to hit you harder..

I’m not defending Garrett’s action, but Rudolph first tried to rip Garrett’s helmet off and failed.. because he is a smaller, weaker human being. I don’t feel that Rudolph is a victim here. Garrett didn’t rip off his helmet and swing it at him for no reason.

Of course he wrong for overrreacting, but I’m not sure why people feel only Garrett was in the wrong here. I stand by my original statement... 2 games, large fine. 

This explains it: Youngstown, OH

6 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

If You FIRST take a swing at me, I’m going to hit you harder..

Of course he wrong for overrreacting, but I’m not sure why people feel only Garrett was in the wrong here. I stand by my original statement... 2 games, large fine. 

I think you keep missing the big picture here.   The NFL, big roger,  will step in here to protect the shield.   Garrett just put a black eye on the whole league 

6 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Of course he’s wrong for overrreacting, but I’m not sure why people feel only Garrett was in the wrong here. I stand by my original statement... 2 games, large fine. 

Oh, you're his cousin, not his lawyer. 

35 minutes ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Rudolph was reacting to Garrett tackling him after he had thrown the ball.  That was pretty clear.  Rudolph may get fined.  I agree Pouncy will also get a suspension but with Garrett's history they will probably Burfict him. 

Rudolph is lucky that the padding hit him rather than the crown of the helmet. 

I don’t know about you guys, but I am sure glad that I stayed up to watch that stinker of a game!

In full disclosure, I am glad that nobody got injured in the final melee, but that was fantastic. Far too much Wussification in the NFL today, but that was a hard-hitting game between two teams that don’t like each other....resulting in an old-school brawl with a QB being whacked on the head with his own helmet, and the culprit having linemen throwing haymakers and even stomping him into the turf in the end zone. Love the raw emotion and passion. Men being men.

Been watching the NFL since the 70’s, and for the first time in a long time, that brought memories of the league of my youth.....Mean Joe Green, Butkus, Deacon Jones, Singletary, Ditka, and the list goes on. It’s actually what first hooked me on NFL football.....not the pansy stuff we see today. Hope that there were lots of snowflakes watching.

Good brawl!

• Like 1

of course in ohio the armpit of america. really though are we giving results based reactions? what if he split his skull in half? what if it were worse than? 

no i dont really care too much. that was just something else.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What's the most ever for on field conduct? That plus some. 

Haynesworth stomped on some dude's head when his helmet came off.  Not sure this is worse than that though.

He got five games for that, but that was before the emphasis on safety.  Burfict got twelve games for the accumulation of his actions.

What a fiasco.  And, this happened on the first game of the week / Thursday Night Game.  This will be ALL that people will be talking about, likely up through halftime of the Sunday Night Game.

Garrett is a former overall #1 pick; he's "somebody" / a diplomat for The League.  The suspension should be AT LEAST through the remainder of this season, including playoffs, if CLE makes it that far.  And, mandatory anger counseling.

• Like 1

It pretty easy to see a line was crossed when something that would not be allowed in the octagon happens between the hashes.  I believe he is done for the year and gets a fine between $250,000-$500,000.   The talk yesterday was about how silent Goodell has been this year.......welp.

I don't feel much should happen to the two Steelers.  They came to the aid of an assault, plain and simple.  The one dude needs to think about his right fist before swinging it at a helmet.  Small fines $20,000 to $50,000 each.

Garrett suspended indefinitely, all season plus post-season. Must meet with Commish before reinstated. Pouncey suspended 3 games. Source: 92.3 the Fan in Cleveland.

12 hours ago, Bill E. said:

Rudolph is lucky that the padding hit him rather than the crown of the helmet. 

Padding? Isnt that inside the helmet? 

14 minutes ago, nospk said:

Padding? Isnt that inside the helmet? 

Not sure what you would call it.  Watch the video.  I could be wrong but it looked to me like he was hit with the white cushioning on the bottom of the helmet. It seems to me that if he was hit with the top of the helmet it would have been worse.