Sign in to follow this  
Byrdman5

Dropping Josh Allen after this week.

Josh Allen faces top 10 defense against qbs ros. Minus Balt week 14. 
Who would you trust for the playoffs? 

Wentz - had a brutal stretch of games but it gets easier after NE this week. 

Danny Dimes - hot and cold but probably has the best matchups down the stretch. Proved he can have big games.

Baker - Has been getting better. Played well against some tough defenses. Does this team start to click and get hit down the stretch?

Fitzmagic - Dolphins have been playing better....end with the jets, giants, and cinci..

I’ve been rolling with Allen and Murray, but I picked up Foles as I plan to drop Allen after this week. Even that Balt matchup doesn’t seem like a good one if they have their full secondary healthy. I don’t trust him against good defenses since his floor is pretty low. 

Out of the options you listed, Wentz seems like the safer option if he can get some healthy receivers. You can make an argument for any of them though. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

Danny Dimes - hot and cold but probably has the best matchups down the stretch. Proved he can have big games.

Baker - Has been getting better. Played well against some tough defenses. Does this team start to click and get hit down the stretch?

Fitzmagic - Dolphins have been playing better....end with the jets, giants, and cinci..

Wentz , but the talent around him can’t seem to stay on the field. 

But I think he’s the best one, after J Allen. 

• Thanks 1

I have Allen and Winston...and after next week looking a t rough schedule for both

Options are Darnold, Goff, or Trubisky

I would keep Allen and Winston. 

8 hours ago, rrmcguire said:

I have Allen and Winston...and after next week looking a t rough schedule for both

Options are Darnold, Goff, or Trubisky

After this week, Winston’s schedule (ATL, JAC, IND, DET, HOU, ATL) looks pretty good actually. Indy in week 14 is the only matchup that is negative for QBs per the FF Today strength of schedule tool. 

16 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

I've been sitting on Wentz for this stretch...

opponent/def ranking pts/def ranking yds (in bold FF playoffs)

Sea 23/24

Mia 31/29

NYG 30/27

Was 21/21

Dal 6/7

And even Cowboys, Eagles have at home in a game they could need for playoffs, could see them doing well.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, uwmalcolm said:

After this week, Winston’s schedule (ATL, JAC, IND, DET, HOU, ATL) looks pretty good actually. Indy in week 14 is the only matchup that is negative for QBs per the FF Today strength of schedule tool. 

Totally agree with this. I think Winston will be fine.

6 hours ago, NAn said:

I've been sitting on Wentz for this stretch...

opponent/def ranking pts/def ranking yds (in bold FF playoffs)

Sea 23/24

Mia 31/29

NYG 30/27

Was 21/21

Dal 6/7

And even Cowboys, Eagles have at home in a game they could need for playoffs, could see them doing well.

Exactly why I have Wentz top of my list. Thanks to all who responded. I think I am going to grab Wentz and possibly stream week 16 if I get there.

Allen’s great game last week has me rethinking dropping him this week. My other option is Foles with Murray on bye. Foles vs Tenn is not exactly a cake matchup and Cousins took advantage of the Broncos through the air this week so maybe Allen can too?  The question is whether the Broncos can score enough on Buffalo to push the Bills’ offense to match it like they forced Minn to?

Early rankings I’ve seen have Allen around 10-11 and Foles around 15.  This game is a must win for me to get into the playoffs despite being second in total points in this league. Another reminder to have at least 1 points based wild card spot in your leagues folks. 

I wouldn’t drop Allen for Darnold. 

On 11/14/2019 at 8:24 PM, Byrdman5 said:

I'd go with Fitz-especially if you need big numbers, they're gonna throw it all day long and that's what he was good at when at TB. I was thinking of doing just that myself Allen for Fitz. Either play Fitz or Jamey Winston, Brady doesn't put up numbers any more. Good luck!

I could also drop Allen or Winston for Fitzmagic...what is his schedule like compared to Daltons 

I know Winston and Fitz are more volatile...but is the upside of them better than the consistency of Allen or Darnolds schedule?

I would want Wentz and probably Daniel Jones.

Wentz is the best QB on the best team, and the eagles usually play well with their backs against the wall.

Daniel Jones can put up some big numbers but his team is terrible.

I wouldn't want to trust anyone one the Browns as they're a complete mess

As for Fitzmagic, no way

7 hours ago, uwmalcolm said:

Allen’s great game last week has me rethinking dropping him this week. My other option is Foles with Murray on bye. Foles vs Tenn is not exactly a cake matchup and Cousins took advantage of the Broncos through the air this week so maybe Allen can too?  The question is whether the Broncos can score enough on Buffalo to push the Bills’ offense to match it like they forced Minn to?

Early rankings I’ve seen have Allen around 10-11 and Foles around 15.  This game is a must win for me to get into the playoffs despite being second in total points in this league. Another reminder to have at least 1 points based wild card spot in your leagues folks. 

Totally thinking the same thing... I grabbed Wentz when my I could move Fuller to IR... But now I’m rethinking it and could keep Allen one more week..I’m thinking Allen has about a 13pt floor but could go off again? Foles is still hard to analyze... Tennessee is coming off the bye. I would probably choose Allen over Foles. My QB streamer of the week is Driskel, impressed me against Dallas.

4 hours ago, rrmcguire said:

I could also drop Allen or Winston for Fitzmagic...what is his schedule like compared to Daltons 

I know Winston and Fitz are more volatile...but is the upside of them better than the consistency of Allen or Darnolds schedule?

Allen and Winston.