Big Guy

Browns / Steelers War ( madness )

Randolph is a thug as well...  He looked like a soccer player when he did the pose after getting plunked...

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I've noticed that there is a phenomena in my culture that we, even I, tend to return a slight that has been done to us with an intense response. The slight is often ignored but the response is remembered because it's usually much stronger than the slight. 

If that makes sense? 

Meaning, we don't have to return fire with greater fire.

I tend to agree with this, but I wonder, where might this kind of mentality have arisen?  🤔

Jim Messina is a political adviser who was the White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations under President Barack Obama from 2009 to 2011 and served as the campaign manager for Obama's successful 2012 re-election campaign.

“If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard,” Messina said, according to an official who attended the meeting.  Link

6 minutes ago, posty said:

Randolph is a thug as well...  He looked like a soccer player when he did the pose after getting plunked...

Meh.   He played a sh!tty game, more so than normal for him, and was likely frustrated.  So I get that with just seconds on the clock, and on a meaningless pass play, getting brought down might have sent him over a little.

I do fault him for grabbing at the helmet as if to pull it off, that was a little much, but Garret was WAYYYY over the top.....

52 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I'm not a Steeler fan, but I kind of like this scrappy little bastard 

If only he could play quarterback 

I have to wonder if maybe he plays better after that little hit to the head, not sure he could play worse.....😁

3 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Agree mostly, but think you are quite forgiving with saying Rudolph whiffed badly.  He had both hands on the back bottom, nearly pulling it off.  

You may be right. I could watch it again. It was wrong either way, but I didn’t think he got a good grip. If he did, that would help explain why Garrett was so mad. 

There are fights every week in the NFL. None of you would be talking about this one if a helmet wasn't used as a weapon. That's the issue here, not the other stuff that happens all the time  without suspensions 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The people saying Rudolph should get a game are insane.

Explain what he did? Grab a facemask? Give him a 15 yarder.  

He was driven to the ground by a notorious late hit player at the tail end of a game that was out of reach.  Excuse him for being upset about it as garrett is just rolling around on him as the play is long gone.

WTF are people talking about?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

But before Thursday’s incident, Garrett had been $50,000 for several penalties, notably punching Delanie Walker of the Tennessee Titans and two roughing-the-passer plays on Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian, one of which ended his season.

After the Walker incident in Week 1, Garrett told Cleveland.com: “Yeah, usually I don’t let things like that get to me and I won’t let it happen again.”

The hits on Siemian, especially the second, were widely derided as dirty. “I don’t want a reputation as a guy who hits late or hits high intentionally,” Garrett told reporters. “That’s never my goal.”

Kind of surprised that after Rudolph threw his 4th pick that it wasn't someone on his own team beating him with a helmet.  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Kind of surprised that after Rudolph threw his 4th pick that it wasn't someone on his own team beating him with a helmet.  

:first:

Honestly that’s what makes me respect Pouncey. You may suck ass, but if you’re on his team he’s got your back

46 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The people saying Rudolph should get a game are insane.

Explain what he did? Grab a facemask? Give him a 15 yarder.  

He was driven to the ground by a notorious late hit player at the tail end of a game that was out of reach.  Excuse him for being upset about it as garrett is just rolling around on him as the play is long gone.

WTF are people talking about?

I agree that he was driven to the ground but he was trying to peel Garret's helmet off.  That's what set him off.

39 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

But before Thursday’s incident, Garrett had been $50,000 for several penalties, notably punching Delanie Walker of the Tennessee Titans and two roughing-the-passer plays on Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian, one of which ended his season.

After the Walker incident in Week 1, Garrett told Cleveland.com: “Yeah, usually I don’t let things like that get to me and I won’t let it happen again.”

The hits on Siemian, especially the second, were widely derided as dirty. “I don’t want a reputation as a guy who hits late or hits high intentionally,” Garrett told reporters. “That’s never my goal.”

he seems to have O.J. tendancies :ninja:

Speaking of that.......

He was on Inside Edition today and blaming Rudolph :wacko:.............................SHUT THE FOCK UP OJ!!! ( why aren't you dead yet? )

I think he punishments are all how they should be. Fine for Rudolph, games for the others and season+ for Myles.

Here’s a great shot of the impact. He got him pretty good.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

:first:

Honestly that’s what makes me respect Pouncey. You may suck ass, but if you’re on his team he’s got your back

You just go and lay your hand 
On a Pittsburgh Steelers fan 
And I think you're gonna finally understand

I see the Rudolph's legal team is looking into the Garrett situation.  I am a Steeler fan but come on.  You were not hurt and unless you think you will suffer some long term damage let it go.  He was a thug and is going to pay for what he did.  Ask your legal team to look into how you can learn to throw a football to your receivers.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Takes 2 to fight...why Rudolph dudnt lose a game is beyond me

LOL.  Dum.

Rudolph reacted how anyone would react. 
In the NFL, you see pushing, shoving, yakking, grabbing face masks, bumping someone with your knee/hip on the way by....all within "normal" stuff that is sometimes penalized, sometimes isn't.

Garrett...lol...the guy is a turd on levels.  ALL.LEVELS.  He's thug. He's a hoodlum.  He's what gives 'dem folks a bad name.  The guy has the brains of about a 9 year old. He just happens to be athletic.  If not for the NFL, he'd be selling drugs and living the streets and have a life expectancy of 27. 

10 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

LOL.  Dum.

Rudolph reacted how anyone would react. 
In the NFL, you see pushing, shoving, yakking, grabbing face masks, bumping someone with your knee/hip on the way by....all within "normal" stuff that is sometimes penalized, sometimes isn't.

Garrett...lol...the guy is a turd on levels.  ALL.LEVELS.  He's thug. He's a hoodlum.  He's what gives 'dem folks a bad name.  The guy has the brains of about a 9 year old. He just happens to be athletic.  If not for the NFL, he'd be selling drugs and living the streets and have a life expectancy of 27. 

I agree on garret...but maya rudolph isnt innocent by anymeans..i just want fair

This is rich.......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

remember, 4 teams were penalized several years ago for bounties.  The Titans, Redskins, Saints and Bills.  All 4 were coached by Gregg Williams.  Williams got suspended for a year but in 2015 defended bounties, saying its nothing new to the NFL.  Then Williams is hired by the Browns and its noticeable that the Browns seem to injure a lot of Steelers in their matchups.  I'm guessing Gregg Williams instilled a culture of bounties in Cleveland in his time there that still exists even after he left, and the Steelers have a price on their head.  

Goodell is unlikely to broach the subject of bounties ever again because to do so would raise uncomfortable questions such as why was Gregg Williams allowed to ever coach again, or Gregg Williams may open his mouth and start naming names of revered players that participated in bounties.  That would hurt business.  So this will get worse as Goodell prays that it all just goes away.

In the meantime, I expect more Steelers to get hurt in the next meeting.

Imagine if that happened to Tom Brady! The Patriots fans would have killed Garrett right there in the stadium.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, peenie said:

Imagine if that happened to Tom Brady! The Patriots fans would have killed Garrett right there in the stadium.

Gregg Williams coaches the Jets now so he might put a bounty on Brady.

13 hours ago, fandandy said:

I agree that he was driven to the ground but he was trying to peel Garret's helmet off.  That's what set him off.

So grabbing facemask while someone gave you an unnecessary hit and failing to really do anything with it warrents a suspension? Players push eachothers facemask every game.  

Garretts notorious late hits coupled with an unnecessary hit at the tail end of the game is what sent Mason off is how I see it.  But he failed to do much of anything.  

I dont think you suspend a guy for shoving a players facemask in a scrum.  If that is the case players should be getting suspended practically every game.

If that helmet connects with the hard side Mason is on the ground unconscious.  Those helmets arent light and that is a big boy swinging it.  

Garrett has punched delanie walker.  Ended trwvor Siemians year with a dirty hit.  Leads the league in flag for it.  The guy is a psychopath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So grabbing facemask while someone gave you an unnecessary hit and failing to really do anything with it warrents a suspension? Players push eachothers facemask every game.  

Garretts notorious late hits coupled with an unnecessary hit at the tail end of the game is what sent Mason off is how I see it.  But he failed to do much of anything.  

I dont think you suspend a guy for shoving a players facemask in a scrum.  If that is the case players should be getting suspended practically every game.

If that helmet connects with the hard side Mason is on the ground unconscious.  Those helmets arent light and that is a big boy swinging it.  

Garrett has punched delanie walker.  Ended trwvor Siemians year with a dirty hit.  Leads the league in flag for it.  The guy is a psychopath.

I'm not referring to him pulling the facemask.  He was trying to pull Garrett's helmet off.  He had his hand on the back of his helmet and was trying to peel it off.  That's when Garrett went ballistic.  I'm not defending him but I'm sure his thought was, you want me to pull your helmet off??  Which he did, then the punk-ass pretty boy came after him again and he clubbed him.  THUNK.

And the refs weren't even going to throw a flag on the tackle.  Rudolph is a b!tch.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

that would have been awesome!

4 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

that would have been awesome!

Which? Hitting Tom Brady in the head with a helmet? Or the beat down Garrett would've suffered for trying to maim Tom?

Just now, peenie said:

Which? Hitting Tom Brady in the head with a helmet? Or the beat down Garrett would've suffered for trying to maim Tom?

The Beat down on Garrett of course

Holy Cow, the Eagles fans threw snowballs at the other team??? Omg...

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

Peenie made a funny 🤣

1 hour ago, peenie said:

No, Giants fans did that. Eagles fans threw snowballs at Santa Claus. 

You guys are confusing me. In the video, wasn't that the Dallas Cowboys coach and the Eagles throwing snowballs at his team? 

42 minutes ago, peenie said:

You guys are confusing me. In the video, wasn't that the Dallas Cowboys coach and the Eagles throwing snowballs at his team? 

Sorry, I posted it on the wrong page then Peenied 🤣 that and moved it here where it belonged.

22 hours ago, peenie said:

I've noticed that there is a phenomena in my culture that we, even I, tend to return a slight that has been done to us with an intense response. The slight is often ignored but the response is remembered because it's usually much stronger than the slight. 

If that makes sense? 

Meaning, we don't have to return fire with greater fire.

He pulls a knife, you pull a gun.

He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. 

I recall Eagles fans cheering a Cowboy injury once too,was it Irving?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nzoner said:

I recall Eagles fans cheering a Cowboy injury once too,was it Irving?

Yeah it was Irvin. The injury ended his career. Dooshbag iggles fans cheered while he was motionless on the ground. They really are despicable. :thumbsdown:

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah it was Irvin. The injury ended his career. Dooshbag iggles fans cheered while he was motionless on the ground. They really are despicable. :thumbsdown:

Yeah but it was Irvin. Not good, but not as bad if it was someone else. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah but it was Irvin. Not good, but not as bad if it was someone else. 

I guess if he's been torching your defense for years you would be happy to see him hang em up. 

Skins, Gints or Cards fans wouldn't have cheered an injury though. Only dooshbag iggle fans are lowlife enough to do that. 

• Like 1