Jump to content
Big Guy

Browns / Steelers War ( madness )

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

He did.  Sort of.  Hes a QB.

Myles I believe leads the league im roughing the passer...and maybe by a wide margin.  It wasnt vicious, but he tackled and hung on to the QB WELL after the ball was gone at the end of the game where it didnt matter.  

Garrett seems like a scumbag.  Good player but a scumbag.

Of course he is a scum bag he is an Aggie.  The same POS college that gave us Michael Bennett and Johnny Manzel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Of course he is a scum bag he is an Aggie.  The same POS college that gave us Michael Bennett and Johnny Manzel.  

Bennett is a bit of an odd duck but why does he belong in this category?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Bennett is a bit of an odd duck but why does he belong in this category?

Any time you run from police then say it was because you are black when cameras clearly show it was not because you are black you are a scum bag.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Any time you run from police then say it was because you are black when cameras clearly show it was not because you are black you are a scum bag.  

Ahh so some perceived political/racial slight. Color me shocked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Ahh so some perceived political/racial slight. Color me shocked

It is neither it is simply the facts of the situation.  It is also the beauty of all those cameras in casinos and on the streets.

He screamed racism until the video came out and completely contradicted his story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bert said:

It is neither it is simply the facts of the situation.  It is also the beauty of all those cameras in casinos and on the streets.

He screamed racism until the video came out and completely contradicted his story.

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Here is Deion Sanders' view

Mason Rudolph should be significantly fined as well for trying to rip @MylesLGarrett helmet off his head which ignited the retaliation. He's not without fault in the unfortunate matter. This is a physical,emotional game played by men. Let's not forget that. @nflnetwork #Truth

for trying? .......maybe a small fine for failing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edjr said:

How about Pouncey thugging it up. 

He did "thug it up", but I think trying to kick Garrett in the head was justifiable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nzoner said:

Teams play again in just two weeks in Pitt,the reception from those fans should be interesting.

Oh man. That better be nationally televised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Ahh so some perceived political/racial slight. Color me shocked

You are clueless and just jumping to your side of the isle with a bot response.

Thats the problem with all you political hacks around here.  

Bennett is a lying scumbag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fine everyone involved, but Garrett should be perma banned from the NFL.  He could've killed someone doing that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deion is way out of bounds with comment. 

 

And Okeechobee or whatever his name is is a douch, needs to be suspended as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

"Garrett has been suspended without pay indefinitely -- at a minimum for the remainder of the regular season and postseason -- and must meet with the Commissioner's Office prior to a decision on his reinstatement. He was also fined an additional amount."

"Garrett violated unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct rules, as well as fighting, removing the helmet of an opponent and using the helmet as a weapon."

"Pouncey has been suspended without pay for three games and fined an additional amount for fighting, including punching and kicking an opponent."

"Ogunjobi has been suspended without pay for one game and fined an additional amount for unnecessary roughness, specifically for shoving an opposing player to the ground during an altercation."

"Additional discipline for other players will be forthcoming through the standard accountability process, including those players that left the bench to enter the fight area."

 

 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-helmet-attack-no-police-investigation-steelers-browns/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

You are clueless and just jumping to your side of the isle with a bot response.

Thats the problem with all you political hacks around here.  

Bennett is a lying scumbag.

I think you need to pay more attention to context. He was compared to Garrett who seemingly tried to maim a player on the field last night, and Manziel who was accused of assaulting and threatening to kill his girlfriend among many other transgressions. How does Bennett fit that mold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

thanks again, seems about right :thumbsup:

I personally would pardon Pouncey

Agreed. Pouncey may have gone a little overboard but it’s hard to blame him under the circumstances. I think he should’ve gotten a lighter suspension, maybe one game. Then again he is sort of a repeat offender, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IGotWorms said:

Agreed. Pouncey may have gone a little overboard but it’s hard to blame him under the circumstances. I think he should’ve gotten a lighter suspension, maybe one game. Then again he is sort of a repeat offender, no?

:thumbsup:

yeah, I don't know Pouncey's history though.....most likely played into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d give Rudolph a fine for his role in trying to pry Garrett’s helmet off. I’d have prolly done 1-2 games for Pouncey just given the heat of the moment / protecting the QB etc. But overall these suspensions seem fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Bennett is a bit of an odd duck but why does he belong in this category?

He made a fake racially charged claim.

Trumpers hate that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MDC said:

He made a fake racially charged claim.

Trumpers hate that.

everybody should hate that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

everybody should hate that

Totally. Making up baseless claims about people based on their occupation, race, religion, national origin etc. is wrong. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could have killed him if that helmet landed flush. Rest of season might not be enough. Mason started it really, he’s not innocent. All the other stompin and swingin is just regular rowdy stuff, no big deal, the helmet swing is what’s out of bounds. Mason might sue him or the league. 
 

If it was a white guy bashing a black guy it would be a lot worse. But instead, “how else he posea get his money?”. But also imagine if it was Garret swinging on Brady or Russ or Aaron, that would be worse too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Could have killed him if that helmet landed flush. Rest of season might not be enough. Mason started it really, he’s not innocent. All the other stompin and swingin is just regular rowdy stuff, no big deal, the helmet swing is what’s out of bounds. Mason might sue him or the league. 
 

If it was a white guy bashing a black guy it would be a lot worse. But instead, “how else he posea get his money?”. But also imagine if it was Garret swinging on Brady or Russ or Aaron, that would be worse too.

Mason better not sue. Right now he looks like a victim but I doubt that would hold up too well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudolph was an instigator, he should get a game...  If he didn't start it, it probably never happens...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In you guy's opinion, how should Garrett have responded? When I think of the Saints game last year and that guy got illegally tackled and flipped over. Should he just shrugged the QB's helmet grab off? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine if he did that sh!t in Pittsburgh?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, peenie said:

In you guy's opinion, how should Garrett have responded? When I think of the Saints game last year and that guy got illegally tackled and flipped over. Should he just shrugged the QB's helmet grab off? 

Probably, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MDC said:

Totally. Making up baseless claims about people based on their occupation, race, religion, national origin etc. is wrong. 

👍I’m glad you agree that Bennett is a scum bag.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Deion is an idiot. It was Garrett’s excessive roughing on a meaningless play at the end of the game that started the whole thing

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, peenie said:

In you guy's opinion, how should Garrett have responded? When I think of the Saints game last year and that guy got illegally tackled and flipped over. Should he just shrugged the QB's helmet grab off? 

He should have responded in literally any other way than how he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I guess I'm the minority but, just watching those clips,  I see it differently and I don't get all of the Garrett hate.  His tackle of Rudolph was downright gentle.  Rudolph tried to take Garrett's helmet off; Garrett took Rudolph's off in return, then let himself get backed up by other Steelers, trying to disengage.  Rudolph kept playing tough guy with his lineman in between and came after Garrett.  After the helmet smack Garrett let himself get taken down, after which Pouncey punched and kicked him on the ground.

I'm not saying Garrett is a saint, and I know hitting a concussed QB in the haid with a helmet is bad legal optics, but Rudolph is more to blame for the altercation.

Is Garrett a known bad guy?  To compare him to Burfict is pretty damning IMO.  :dunno:

agreed..to add, it was not a late hit.  Rudolph threw a fit cause of how bad he sucked.  Pitt should never have run a play there either.  Rudolph should get a suspension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m glad he started getting his ass whooped by Pouncey. Should’ve been worse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that there is a phenomena in my culture that we, even I, tend to return a slight that has been done to us with an intense response. The slight is often ignored but the response is remembered because it's usually much stronger than the slight. 

If that makes sense? 

Meaning, we don't have to return fire with greater fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peenie said:

I've noticed that there is a phenomena in my culture that we, even I, tend to return a slight that has been done to us with an intense response. The slight is often ignored but the response is remembered because it's usually much stronger than the slight. 

If that makes sense? 

Meaning, we don't have to return fire with greater fire.

peenie = newbie  🤯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disclaimer: I’m a Steelers fan. 

 

I wonder what started and escalated this. I didn’t think there was anything wrong with the tackle. I wondered if one or both of them said something during the tackle that made the other mad. Rudolph should not have been grabbing at the helmet, but he wiffed at it so badly, I’m not sure Garrett knew he was doing it. If he didn’t, I don’t know what he was mad about. Given the circumstances, I will forgive Pouncey for the punches, but not the kick. I say Garrett is gone for the rest of the year. Pouncey could get something less, maybe a few games, but I would be fine if they threw him out for the year too. The punk who knocked Rudolph down from behind should get suspended too. I don’t even know what he was doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

It seems like the Browns defenders led with their helmets quite a bit last night. Looks like they planned on taking people out.

They did.  Steelers guy, 92 I think, was lucky he didn't end up like Shazier.  Crazy game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, frank said:

Disclaimer: I’m a Steelers fan. 

 

I wonder what started and escalated this. I didn’t think there was anything wrong with the tackle. I wondered if one or both of them said something during the tackle that made the other mad. Rudolph should not have been grabbing at the helmet, but he wiffed at it so badly, I’m not sure Garrett knew he was doing it. If he didn’t, I don’t know what he was mad about. Given the circumstances, I will forgive Pouncey for the punches, but not the kick. I say Garrett is gone for the rest of the year. Pouncey could get something less, maybe a few games, but I would be fine if they threw him out for the year too. The punk who knocked Rudolph down from behind should get suspended too. I don’t even know what he was doing. 

Agree mostly, but think you are quite forgiving with saying Rudolph whiffed badly.  He had both hands on the back bottom, nearly pulling it off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a Steeler fan, but I kind of like this scrappy little bastard 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×