fandandy

Louisiana Governor Election Today

Trump has rallied there in support of the Republican candidate(s) two or three times.  Let's see how he does.

I think they should shut down all public transportation on election days. 

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

My nearby metro city waives fares on election day

36 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

My nearby metro city waives fares on election day

That’s crap. If you use public transportation as your only mode of transportation you likely vote like a dickhead. 

• Like 1

This one is quite a bit different than the Kentucky one. Here the democrat is the incumbent, and he is popular. The republican made it about trump because trump is also popular in Louisiana.

So I don’t think a narrow republican loss would be bad news for the GOP like it was in Kentucky. A democrat loss is sorta meaningless since of course Louisiana is going red regardless. Really only a BIG loss one way or the other would tell us much and that seems pretty unlikely

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

This one is quite a bit different than the Kentucky one. Here the democrat is the incumbent, and he is popular. The republican made it about trump because trump is also popular in Louisiana.

So I don’t think a narrow republican loss would be bad news for the GOP like it was in Kentucky. A democrat loss is sorta meaningless since of course Louisiana is going red regardless. Really only a BIG loss one way or the other would tell us much and that seems pretty unlikely

I don't know how much the Kentucky election hurts the GOP.  Bevin was extremely unpopular and Andy's dad was a two-term governor of Kentucky.  Minus Trump stumping for Bevin he would have prolly gotten creamed.  

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What's the deal with Louisiana having their gubernatorial election today? Is that how they normally do it?

Per Wikipedia:

Under Louisiana's jungle primary system, all candidates appear on the same ballot, regardless of party, and voters may vote for any candidate, regardless of their party affiliation. Because no candidate received an absolute majority of the vote during the primary election on October 12, 2019, a runoff election will be held on November 16, 2019, between the top two candidates in the primary, Democratic incumbent Governor John Bel Edwards and Republican businessman Eddie Rispone.[2] Louisiana is the only state that has a jungle primary system (California and Washington have a similar top two primary system).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

:doublethumbsup:

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

And you shouldn't be allowed to vote if you've shat on the sidewalk in the past month.

Racist!!! 🤣

44 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What's the deal with Louisiana having their gubernatorial election today? Is that how they normally do it?

You're talking about a state that has drive-thru daiquiris stands,they're anything but normal.

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

I don't know how much the Kentucky election hurts the GOP.  Bevin was extremely unpopular and Andy's dad was a two-term governor of Kentucky.  Minus Trump stumping for Bevin he would have prolly gotten creamed.  

Maybe but it’s still knocking off an incumbent republican Governor in a very red state.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

In a state that has had 2 republican governors in 60 yrs

The legislature is very red but yeah, for some reason they seem to prefer a Dem governor.  

I predict JBE wins by 3-5 points.

He is a terribly unpopular governor and has overseen LA having the worst state economy in the US while everyone else is thriving.

Riponse is a decent candidate but terrible public speaker and their jungle primary was just a few weeks ago so many of the other R candidate's supporters are still bitter and staying home.

19 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

He is a terribly unpopular governor and has overseen LA having the worst state economy in the US while everyone else is thriving.

Riponse is a decent candidate but terrible public speaker and their jungle primary was just a few weeks ago so many of the other R candidate's supporters are still bitter and staying home.

Turnout is supposed to be higher than in 2015 but yeah, JBE may well win.  It seems all that Trump was talking about during the rallies when referring to this election was lowering car insurance rates.  I can't imagine that's a winning strategy.

48 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

JBE “terribly unpopular”? As usual your facts are way off.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/politics/elections/article_b00240f4-14fa-11e9-a2c8-3b922df9d54c.amp.html

57 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/16/20963502/louisiana-election-results-live-edwards-rispone

Repub up by 10+ but I predict the Dems are holding back to see what number they need to pass. Just like 2018 California and Florida (attempted).

I suppose it could be some insane conspiracy, but it’s probably more likely that rural areas report quicker since there are less votes to count and they tend to be much more conservative than the cities.

1 minute ago, nzoner said:

Well that changed quickly

Democrats are busing in voters from Tennessee and Missouri.

Also, they need to send a few guys to the ballot box warehouse to pick up more ballot boxes with pre-selected votes.

3 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Worms criticizes a post's accuracy, then links a poll from the advocate as a rebuttal.

No wonder this genius thinks heresay is more important than facts.

You are aware that it’s a local newspaper in Louisiana, right? :lol:

Amazing that in a state with bottom rankings in education and economy and top rankings in murder and corruption would re-elect the man who got them there.

Don't ever underestimate the stupidity of blacks and "Republicans"

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You are aware that it’s a local newspaper in Louisiana, right? :lol:

Hey man, what's it like to support a political party that thinks it's not a big deal if people poop and Piss in the street? They do that in India. Dirty, filthy disgusting India. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hey man, what's it like to support a political party that thinks now it's not a big deal if people poop and Piss in the street? They do that in India. Dirty, filthy disgusting India. 

I doubt all Democrats support that.

I don’t, for one.

Also I have voted for some republicans, particularly in local elections. Last mayor was a republican and pretty good. I voted for him twice.

20 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I doubt all Democrats support that.

I don’t, for one.

Also I have voted for some republicans, particularly in local elections. Last mayor was a republican and pretty good. I voted for him twice.

So that's not Democrats "reforming" the criminal justice system? Funny, that's all I hear from every last democrat. Seems to be a main part of their platform. So, how do you feel supporting a party, whose policies are guaranteed to increase violence and incivility? 

Kentucky and Louisiana voting blue? Another win for the Dems in these Governor Races in Deep Red States. You ever notice how DJT will only hold these big Governor rallies in the heart of the redneck hillbilly south? Both of these Republicans that pattern themselves after him keep on losing. Too funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see great things for Louisiana now that they have re-elected this guy. Things are going great there! #toofarleft. Lol. 

Another weird election where the republican down-ballot scores more votes than the headliner...

Gov

Dem - 774,469

Rep - 734,128

SOS

Rep - 867,449

Dem - 601,102

14 hours ago, Vince44 said:

Kentucky and Louisiana voting blue? Another win for the Dems in these Governor Races in Deep Red States. You ever notice how DJT will only hold these big Governor rallies in the heart of the redneck hillbilly south? Both of these Republicans that pattern themselves after him keep on losing. Too funny. 

god you are as dense as Shotard

14 hours ago, Vince44 said:

Celebrating  the re-election of incumbent Governors as a big win. Priceless!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Celebrating  the re-election of incumbent Governors as a big win. Priceless!

It's a huge win for Democrats, They need to hold onto as much as they can. 2020 is going to be a blood bath.