zftcg

Which DST to stash for playoffs?

For those looking ahead to stockpile DSTs for the playoff run, now is the time to start thinking about it. I have SF, and may just continue to roll with them ROS, but their schedule (and recent play) has me a little nervous, so I at least want another option (not to mention I want to block other teams). Here are the teams I'm considering (plus match-ups in bold):

Green Bay

• Week 12: SF
  • 13: @NYG
  • 14: Wash
  • 15: Chi
  • 16: @Min

Philadelphia

• 12: Sea
  • 13: @Mia
  • 14: NYG
  • 15: @Wash
  • 16: Dallas

NY Jets

• 12: Oak
  • 13: @Cinci
  • 14: Mia
  • 15: @Bal
  • 16: Pitt

At this point, leaning GB mostly based on the fact that they're the best team of the three, and therefore likely to be winning. But the truth is, they've been a much better real-life D than fantasy scoring option. They started off the year with three straight double-digit games and haven't hit that mark since. On the other hand, outside of their blowup game with the Jets, Philly has been equally mediocre. As for the Jets, I just don't trust them; never know when Darnold will implode and put the D behind the 8-ball.

The Ravens just hit the waiver wire last week. They have a good playoff schedule as well. Thinking about picking them up, my other Defense is New Orleans.

Week 14: @ Buffalo

Week 15: NY Jets

Week 16: @ Cleveland

3 minutes ago, John Fox said:

The Ravens just hit the waiver wire last week. They have a good playoff schedule as well. Thinking about picking them up, my other Defense is New Orleans.

Week 14: @ Buffalo

Week 15: NY Jets

Week 16: @ Cleveland

That is a good one. Every year there's a team whose offense kicks into such a high gear, the D becomes valuable as well because they're always out to such big leads. I remember picking up Atlanta for the fantasy playoffs the year they had their Super Bowl run.

Kind of ironic that this year, the Pats have the elite D while the Ravens have the D that's piggybacking off the offense. Historically, it's been the other way around.

Buf is a good team....they are 7-2?

I like my combo of Jets and Pats.

13 jets v cin

14 jets v Mia

15 pats v Cin

16 jets v Pit

The Giants have the best schedule by far facing the Dolphins Week 15 and the Redskins Week 16 but their defense is just so bad I don't think anyone could possibly roll them out in crucial playoff games with any type of confidence. 

On 11/18/2019 at 12:39 PM, justforbeer said:

Buf is a good team....they are 7-2?

This week I'm debating between Buffalo (vs Den) and SF (vs GB). And still leaning SF. Buffalo has been a much better real-life D than fantasy one. They've only had four double-digit scores, and never more than 11 points. I guess they have a safe floor (lowest score all year was 3, vs the Pats) but nothing to get excited about.

Also, after this week they face a brutal ROS schedule. Whether I start them or not this Sunday, I will definitely be dropping them next week, likely for GB or Philly.

43 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Axe Elf to the rescue!

This should actually say "Captain Obvious to the rescue" or "Unoriginal Thinker to the rescue" or something similar.  Pretty sure that not just one but TWO other people suggested the Jets, and yet somehow you are coming "to the rescue" with your completely unoriginal submission?  This reeks of the "smartest play ever" discussion where you downplayed other peoples suggestions in favor of yet another unoriginal submission from you.   :rolleyes:

Before last week the suggestion, homerism aside, would have been the Steelers...Bengals, Browns, Cardinas, Bills and Jets...but injuries, suspensions and poor QB play on the offensive side all temper the expectations for them.  

19 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

Before last week the suggestion, homerism aside, would have been the Steelers...Bengals, Browns, Cardinas, Bills and Jets...but injuries, suspensions and poor QB play on the offensive side all temper the expectations for them.  

I was going to bring up Pittsburgh. They're probably too heavily owned to be considered a "stream/stash" DST. But in my main money league, I picked them up last week to pair with SF the rest of the way, and will very likely start them this week vs. Cinci.

But last week was very concerning. As you said, the injuries and Rudolph's play make it much riskier that they will face negative field position/gamescripts. Also, by point of comparison, when SF had a bad outing on TNF a couple weeks ago vs. Arizona, they at least had a few impressive sacks, and Warner dropped an easy pick-six. You could convince yourself that they just had an off night but were still really talented.

But in that Cleveland game, Pittsburgh showed absolutely nothing. I think they had maybe one sack, no TOs, and while it wasn't like Cleveland was driving up and down the field against them, it also wasn't like they just got lucky on a few plays either.

So yeah, I'm a little nervous about my plan to use Pittsburgh to spell SF during the playoffs. If they don't get it done vs. Cinci this week, I'll probably pull the plug and go with Philly or GB the rest of the way.

• Like 2

Picked up the Steelers a few weeks back, I’m keeping them, I don’t hce much f/a moves left and need to save them , going to the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, zftcg said:

I was going to bring up Pittsburgh. They're probably too heavily owned to be considered a "stream/stash" DST. But in my main money league, I picked them up last week to pair with SF the rest of the way, and will very likely start them this week vs. Cinci.

But last week was very concerning. As you said, the injuries and Rudolph's play make it much riskier that they will face negative field position/gamescripts. Also, by point of comparison, when SF had a bad outing on TNF a couple weeks ago vs. Arizona, they at least had a few impressive sacks, and Warner dropped an easy pick-six. You could convince yourself that they just had an off night but were still really talented.

But in that Cleveland game, Pittsburgh showed absolutely nothing. I think they had maybe one sack, no TOs, and while it wasn't like Cleveland was driving up and down the field against them, it also wasn't like they just got lucky on a few plays either.

So yeah, I'm a little nervous about my plan to use Pittsburgh to spell SF during the playoffs. If they don't get it done vs. Cinci this week, I'll probably pull the plug and go with Philly or GB the rest of the way.

I had the same thought.  That defense what was pressuring the crap out of everybody could barely get their hands on Baker, and when they got close he slid away and made a play with legs.  I wanted to attribute it to negative game script, being put in bad position by their offense that kept turning it over and giving the Browns a short field...but that Cleveland line is middle of the road in sacks given up and the Steelers D should have feasted.  Now they have even less weapons on offense temporarily and it worries me.  I had the Ravens 2 weeks ago and dropped in favor of the Steelers in one league, now regretting it severely.  

:cheers:

4 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

I had the same thought.  That defense what was pressuring the crap out of everybody could barely get their hands on Baker, and when they got close he slid away and made a play with legs.  I wanted to attribute it to negative game script, being put in bad position by their offense that kept turning it over and giving the Browns a short field...but that Cleveland line is middle of the road in sacks given up and the Steelers D should have feasted.  Now they have even less weapons on offense temporarily and it worries me.  I had the Ravens 2 weeks ago and dropped in favor of the Steelers in one league, now regretting it severely.  

:cheers:

Grabbed the Steelers after their good outing against Indy. They rewarded me with 25 against the Rams... but I’m definitely concerned how they played against the Browns. I really want to root against Rudolph... Ravens are on the wire and I’m thinking about grabbing them...

14 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

Grabbed the Steelers after their good outing against Indy. They rewarded me with 25 against the Rams... but I’m definitely concerned how they played against the Browns. I really want to root against Rudolph... Ravens are on the wire and I’m thinking about grabbing them...

I would take the Ravens all day long over them at this point.  Jackson keeps them in such a good game script with all the scoring he's producing, so their defense get the benefit of teams becoming one dimensional and getting to t-off on the QB.  plus that schedule alone makes them top ROS.