Sign in to follow this  
2020 Baseball Hall of Fame/Modern Era ballots...

This number 1204858 why the HOF is a focking laughing stock.

Larry Walker votes since 2011

• 2011: 20.3 percent
  • 2012: 22.9 percent
  • 2013: 21.6 percent
  • 2014: 10.2 percent
  • 2015: 11.8 percent
  • 2016: 15.5 percent
  • 2017: 21.9 percent
  • 2018: 34.1 percent
  • 2019: 54.6 percent

What made him twice as good in 2019 from 2011?  Did his stats change?  Jesus he went down to 10 percent in 2014 and 54% in 2019? 🤣

HOF VOTERS ARE A FOCKING JOKE!!

44 minutes ago, edjr said:

Well that was obvious when they voted Rivera in unanimously as the first player to accomplish that...

Kind of like Jim Rice as well, except he went up-and-down a couple of times before being elected and them keeping out Bonds and Clemens...

• Thanks 1

Should be the biggest crowd in Cooperstown history. 

One guy didn't vote for jeter? That's a travesty. They should never be allowed to vote again.

I mean The guy gave gift baskets to his skanks.

18 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Sorry, Walker is not a HOF player. Does he sit in a wing with Baines and Ray Schalk.

Agreed...  I don’t think Walker should be there either...

Awesome that Jeter didn’t get 100%...  Would love to see the ballot of the one that didn’t vote for him...

6 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

1 vote against.  What an asshat. Probably a Red Sox fan. 

If they voted for ten other players then there is no problem IMO...  Of course if other votes went to Adam Dunn and similar players, I might have an issue...

2 years in a row a Yankee gets in, 3 in total. I wonder if a team ever did that before? It was probably the Yankees. Lol. 

• Confused 1

I remember when in 2014 Maddux, Glavine and Bobby Cox got into the HOF then Smoltzie got in in 2015...

1 minute ago, posty said:

I remember when in 2014 Maddux, Glavine and Bobby Cox got into the HOF then Smoltzie got in in 2015...

🤪 RMFF! 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, edjr said:

What made him twice as good in 2019 from 2011?  Did his stats change?  Jesus he went down to 10 percent in 2014 and 54% in 2019? 🤣

That is kind of what Jim Rice did with vote totals...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

Those are the guys that won one whole World Series, right? Lost to the Yankees twice? 

17 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Interesting history

When you see some of this it still makes it sad that Rivera got in with 100% of the returned ballots...

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Another interesting take

Probably a favor to someone...  It pretty much happens every year...

9 minutes ago, posty said:

Probably a favor to someone...  It pretty much happens every year...

So, take his vote. He doesn’t take it seriously.

I agree, I think there should be a rule

if a player gets over 90% or under 10% and you either didnt vote/voted for the minority have your voting privs suspended 1 year, 2nd time, you lose it

these votes are nonsense

of course, I also think you should only have 3 shots to get in the HOF as well

1st ballot

2nd ballot (for jackass reporters ex. Alomar)

10 year oldtimer committee or whatever its called

Who in da fuk voted NO for Jeter???

This jackass should have his voting privileges revoked and his face/name plastered all over social media. 

And Larry Walker? Pleeeeezzzzzeee. :rolleyes:

Just now, Cruzer said:

This jackass should have his voting privileges revoked and his face/name plastered all over social media. 

I seem to be in the minority here, but I have no issue with Walker. His vote pct when he was first eligible was stupidly low. And I’m kinda liking that Mariano is the only one. He was my man. Looks like he’s going to be the only one for a while.  

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I seem to be in the minority here, but I have no issue with Walker.

Being in the NATL League, I'm not gonna pretend like I followed his career closely. But like you, I was around for all of it - and was well aware of him and what he was doing.

My problem with Walker - his numbers are Colorado based.

* In a 19 or so year career - he hit .272 when not in a Rockies uniform. With Colorado, he all of the sudden became a .329 hitter.

* Away from Colorado, he never had a single 100+ RBI season. W/Colorado, 5 of his 9 seasons were 100+.

* Away from Colorado he hit over .300 twice (.301& .322). With the Rockies he ran off years of .366, .363, .379, .309, .350, .338, .324

You want put Walker in the Colorado Rockies Hall of Fame, great - deserving for sure........ But out of a Rockies uniform, his career was hardly HOF worthy - hell Texas great Michael Young had a better career than Walker did away from Colorado.

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Being in the NATL League, I'm not gonna pretend like I followed his career closely. But like you, I was around for all of it - and was well aware of him and what he was doing.

My problem with Walker - his numbers are Colorado based.

* In a 19 or so year career - he hit .272 when not in a Rockies uniform. With Colorado, he all of the sudden became a .329 hitter.

* Away from Colorado, he never had a single 100+ RBI season. W/Colorado, 5 of his 9 seasons were 100+.

* Away from Colorado he hit over .300 twice (.301& .322). With the Rockies he ran off years of .366, .363, .379, .309, .350, .338, .324

You want put Walker in the Colorado Rockies Hall of Fame, great - deserving for sure........ But out of a Rockies uniform, his career was hardly HOF worthy - hell Texas great Michael Young had a better career than Walker did away from Colorado.

Well, baseball put a team there. Atlanta is a launching pad, and I don’t hold it against Chipper or McGriff. 

11 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I'd have voted no for Jeets. thrilled someone didn't. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I seem to be in the minority here, but I have no issue with Walker. His vote pct when he was first eligible was stupidly low. And I’m kinda liking that Mariano is the only one. He was my man. Looks like he’s going to be the only one for a while.  

He was Bill Mueller's man too

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

He was Bill Mueller's man too

Yeah. That’s what I’m thinking when I think Mariano. 18-1 did such a number on you guys. Got to enjoy 2004 for three years.  

No issues with Walker and no issues with the the "not unanimous" vote.  I still have issues with some players that are not in the HOF so when those that get in these days knowing that when I was watching them they were the "best players in the game" at the time.

2 time MVP Dale Murphy not in.  2 time CYA winner Johan Santana (career numbers very similar to Sandy Koufax) not in.

22 hours ago, edjr said:

16 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I agree, I think there should be a rule

if a player gets over 90% or under 10% and you either didnt vote/voted for the minority have your voting privs suspended 1 year, 2nd time, you lose it

these votes are nonsense

of course, I also think you should only have 3 shots to get in the HOF as well

1st ballot

2nd ballot (for jackass reporters ex. Alomar)

10 year oldtimer committee or whatever its called

These two issues are sort of related...IE the reason Walker's vote totals fluctuate is the voting requirements limiting the ballot to only 10.   As Ed noted, in 2014 he went down to 10%---you get 3 guys like Maddux, Thomas and Glavine, voter decides he has to bump somebody and it ends up being Walker.  In addition, after the super obvious guys, it often takes more time for a lot of these writers to fully research learn about players they didn't regularly cover.   

They could probably solve a lot issues by having an unlimited ballot---you think there are 12 guys deserving, vote for them.   That might alleviate some of the issues.

3 hours ago, GuardBum said:

No issues with Walker and no issues with the the "not unanimous" vote.  I still have issues with some players that are not in the HOF so when those that get in these days knowing that when I was watching them they were the "best players in the game" at the time.

2 time MVP Dale Murphy not in.  2 time CYA winner Johan Santana (career numbers very similar to Sandy Koufax) not in.

The biggest farce going is people that don't vote for Schilling because he's a proud conservative 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

The biggest farce going is people that don't vote for Schilling because he's a proud conservative 

I wouldn't vote for him cause he never got that sock cleaned after game 6.   🤢🤮

30 minutes ago, edjr said:

Or worse, people don’t vote for Yankees because they win so damn much. 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

These two issues are sort of related...IE the reason Walker's vote totals fluctuate is the voting requirements limiting the ballot to only 10.   As Ed noted, in 2014 he went down to 10%---you get 3 guys like Maddux, Thomas and Glavine, voter decides he has to bump somebody and it ends up being Walker.  In addition, after the super obvious guys, it often takes more time for a lot of these writers to fully research learn about players they didn't regularly cover.   

They could probably solve a lot issues by having an unlimited ballot---you think there are 12 guys deserving, vote for them.   That might alleviate some of the issues.

I mean it would take ironing out I don’t know why there is a limit. After 5 years you go on the ballot with a simple yes/no. They’ve never had 10 guys inducted the same year so why 10 votes anyways

1st year elig 75% you are in 50% you stay on the ballot maybe something like that

also we are bored peons and know everyone of these guys and can do just as good of a job. These guys do nothing but cover baseball for a living. If you have to take more time to research a guy then you should t be a damn baseball writer. You have 5 years to research the guy

list the stats if that doesn’t cut it then you can spend a day reading about each guy

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I mean it would take ironing out I don’t know why there is a limit. After 5 years you go on the ballot with a simple yes/no. They’ve never had 10 guys inducted the same year so why 10 votes anyways

1st year elig 75% you are in 50% you stay on the ballot maybe something like that

also we are bored peons and know everyone of these guys and can do just as good of a job. These guys do nothing but cover baseball for a living. If you have to take more time to research a guy then you should t be a damn baseball writer. You have 5 years to research the guy

list the stats if that doesn’t cut it then you can spend a day reading about each guy

You are right.  I was thinking more about how it was years ago, when the guys were local writers and seeing, getting full access to stats wasn't quite as easy as it is now.   That's not the case anymore, so there really is no excuse for Bert Blyleven situations, where most of them needed to be educated to his stats.   

You work our the ironing out stuff and I'm on board. :thumbsup: