Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

What Do You Need Tonight? - Week 11

I managed to weather the first 2 weeks of my 3-week Bye-mageddon pretty well, with records of 12-3 and 11-4.  This week, however, I'm going to need some help if I'm even going to finish above .500 for the week.

K/D League:  My campaign to cash in a league where I drafted a Kicker and a Defense in the first two rounds comes down to Melvin Gordon and Harrison Butker this week.  If Gordon outscores Butker by at least 0.5 points, I'm still alive.  If not, I'm dead.

League 2:  Philip Rivers and Sammy Watkins cannot outscore Damien Williams by more than 33.1 points.

League 3:  Need 28.0 from Tyreek Hill.

League 4:  Mike Williams must score less than 2.1 points. (LOSS)

League 5:  Tyreek Hill cannot score more than 57.7 points. (WIN)

League 6:  WIN

League 7:  LOSS

League 8:  LOSS

League 9:  Weird scoring, but essentially Melvin Gordon cannot outgain Keenan Allen by more than 60 yards.  Or so...

League 10:  Keenan Allen must score less than 67 points (WIN)

League 11:  WIN

League 12:  LOSS

League 13:  LOSS

League 14:  LOSS

League 15:  Keenan Allen cannot outscore LeSean McCoy by more than 26.4.

So, barring the miraculous, I'm basically sitting on 4 wins and 6 losses, with 5 games hanging in the balance.  I feel pretty good about 4 of those, which would net me an 8-7 record for the week.  I'll take it!

I'm not even going to pretend to know why anyone would want to play in 15 leagues. You'd be cheering for a guy and against the same guy in different leagues. I hate that.

A rarity that I have a game come down to Monday night but I'm up 27.5 points and my opponent has mahomes. 6 point touchdowns. Standard league with no bonus. I'm probably cooked but that's going to take a good game to win. Twill be interesting. 

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

I'm not even going to pretend to know why anyone would want to play in 15 leagues.

Seriously...  Usually someone that doesn't have a life outside their mom's basement...

Some people play for money. 
Why leave easy money in someone else’s pocket.

I am not that good at FF anymore.

But Fantasy Baseball.

i will not turn any league down.

15 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I'm not even going to pretend to know why anyone would want to play in 15 leagues.

There for a few years, I was doing 70+ leagues per year, although about 50 of them would be Draft Masters/Best-Ball leagues.

So for me, I want to play in 15 leagues because 25-30 leagues turned out to be too many.  I was getting burned out doing waivers by Week 10 or so.

15 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

You'd be cheering for a guy and against the same guy in different leagues. I hate that.

The best investment strategy is a highly UNdiversified portfolio--when you are right--and I'm Axe Elf.

I do auction leagues, so I tend to draft mostly the same players in all of my leagues--and that way, I don't run into that ambivalence that you described very often.  In the rare case that someone else owns a copy of one of my frequent players, I'm still usually better off overall for them to succeed rather than fail.

EDIT:  And sometimes when you are both for and against the same player, there is a range in which they can still benefit you without hurting you.  For example, tonight I am both starting and facing Tyreek Hill, and I will win both of those games if Hill gets at least 28.0 points but less than 57.7 points.  I'm not rooting both for and against Hill; I'm rooting for him to have a great day--just not a monster day.

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

There for a few years, I was doing 70+ leagues per year, although about 50 of them would be Draft Masters/Best-Ball leagues.

So for me, I want to play in 15 leagues because 25-30 leagues turned out to be too many.  I was getting burned out doing waivers by Week 10 or so.

The best investment strategy is a highly UNdiversified portfolio--when you are right--and I'm Axe Elf.

I do auction leagues, so I tend to draft mostly the same players in all of my leagues--and that way, I don't run into that ambivalence that you described very often.  In the rare case that someone else owns a copy of one of my frequent players, I'm still usually better off overall for them to succeed rather than fail.

EDIT:  And sometimes when you are both for and against the same player, there is a range in which they can still benefit you without hurting you.  For example, tonight I am both starting and facing Tyreek Hill, and I will win both of those games if Hill gets at least 28.0 points but less than 57.7 points.  I'm not rooting both for and against Hill; I'm rooting for him to have a great day--just not a monster day.

Damn dude. Ha. Good on you for being able to even keep track. 

Need Mahomie and Kelce to do what I drafted them to do......win me weeks.

Monday night on the big stage, with KC's o-line/skill players/Mahomie finally healthy.....It's Showtime!

5 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

attention .

F.... Needed Gordon and Henry to out score Kelce by 9.8 .... lost by 6.1 No TD = my loss this week... 
edit thought this was FU thread.

I was pretty much set in all my leagues before tonight, 4-0 this week

Luck luck luck, ff is 100% luck. 

Person I played against this weekend needed 10 total points to beat me, he had Henry and T Hill, they scored 8. 

Luck luck luck.  

Thank you Jesus. 

Lucky here as well.  PPR league - went into Monday night down by 5.5 points.  Opponent had Tyreek, Eckeler, and Watkins...  I had Allen and Henry.  I was projected to lose big time.  And with the way Eckeler started, I thought for sure that was the case.  Then, Tyreek pulled his hammy.  Watkins only caught 2 passes, and my two guys scored the TD and 2 pt conversion!  So I get a cheap win by 4.9 points!  And thankfully Rivers was picked on that last play he threw to Eckeler in the end zone!  I jumped out of my chair to applause that.  That would have put my opponent in front of me and who knows if I would have caught back up!  Phew!!

And.....

The guy I'm chasing in first place in my division needed 9.8 points from Badgley--- he gets 9.  So, now I have first place in the division after starting 1-3, winning 7 in a row!  Whoop Whoop!

I needed the !@#$%^& Rams to lineup correctly so Reynolds TD was not called back. I lost by 2.

2 hours ago, Ehlana said:

I needed the !@#$%^& Rams to lineup correctly so Reynolds TD was not called back. I lost by 2.

cool story.