Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

QB contracts

KC won't be able to pay ANY other players for the entirety of his career. Dude is gonna get a team killing contract. Dallas is about to do the same with Dak. 

I think you will see contracts for QB’s that are a percentage of the cap instead of hard dollars. As long as the QB plays to level of pay, it won’t cripple a team.

While I used to be all the way in the camp of you have to find a QB then pay him whatever, ive softened my stance a little.

Obviously a QB on a rookie contract playing top 10 QB football is the recipe, that isnt sustainable.  And that is the problem.  Im sure each GM would dump an upcoming contract QB and draft another if they knew they would select a good one.

That said who are some of the top teams?

SF with Jimmys contract

Seahawks with Russ's

Packers with Rodgers

Saints with Brees

Vikings with Cousins

NE with a Brady discount.

Then we have Chiefs Ravens and Texans who all have good QBs on rookie deals.

Unlike the NBA or MLB, the NFL is generally unconcerned with which teams are good and which are bad. The same money flows. 

You hate to see a player contract ruin a team, but that is what tends to happen now and again. The QB gets paid, by way of example, and then the team cannot afford to build out a winner.....as soon as you see that premier player get his $$, that team is focked more often than not.