Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Deebo Samuel

Well he’s had a couple big games in a row now. I had pretty much written him off (for this season) when they traded for Emmanuel Sanders but then Sanders got hurt and Deebo finally stepped up (or Garropolo finally realized he was good).

What do you fellas think is in store for him down the stretch? Will he be a reliable fantasy starter? Maybe even get some teams over the hump?

I think you had a great point about Sanders, if he Sanders can stay on the field he well be the Niners wr to own. 

If not D Samuel looks pretty good , but if they both play that well indeed limited mr Samuels.

mega bust.

I picked him up and started him last week, he had a really great game, 18 ff points without a TD even.  Starting him again in Flex2 spot with injuries and bye weeks.

Last 3 weeks the cards and hawks were selling out to stop the run. First GB can’t stop the run. Also if the 49ers line can pressure Rodgers like the Chargers did, then the 49ers might not need to pass much. Deebo is definitely flex worthy ros. But I would probably only start him against tougher run defense teams.

edit proof they were forced to pass more. Average pass attempts the first 7 games 27.. last 3 games 42.667

8 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

Last 3 weeks the cards and hawks were selling out to stop the run. First GB can’t stop the run. Also if the 49ers line can pressure Rodgers like the Chargers did, then the 49ers might not need to pass much. Deebo is definitely flex worthy ros. But I would probably only start him against tougher run defense teams.

Interesting analysis, thanks :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Interesting analysis, thanks :thumbsup:

I’m ready for Deebo to have a monster game now that I said that 😅

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

starting deebo over tyler boyd. tyler boyd is one of the highest targeted wr and has fallen off the face of the earth. frustrating ppr

I'm starting both.  Tyler Boyd is one of the most targeted WRs in the NFL except last week.  He complained about it demanding to get the ball so could have a nice bounce back.  I'm a little worried about Deebo's shoulder though but will start him if he's active and he should be.

Don’t know, from what I’ve been told, Samuel seems pretty questionable, I’m not so sure he goes. 

10 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I'm starting both.  Tyler Boyd is one of the most targeted WRs in the NFL except last week.  He complained about it demanding to get the ball so could have a nice bounce back.  I'm a little worried about Deebo's shoulder though but will start him if he's active and he should be.

really.....tyler boyd said that? Thats great...maybe the squeaky wheel gets the whatever??? I watched last weeks game where he was shunned like a red headed step child. Glad he has a pulse and gives a S because it was lackadaisical 101 vs the raiders.

I may play boyd over deebo since it is a SNF game and no backups if he is out.

I actually dropped him this week. But Thielen is my worst receiver too though. I just don't like them getting healthier and this is the toughest 3 game stretch that any team will play.

I drafted Boyd thinking he would crush it until Green came back. Unfortunately he and Robby Anderson have both kept me mired in mediocrity this season. Both on the bench this week in favor of Washington and Hollywood. 

I believe that a deebo ff start is going to be contingent upon kittle and sanders health.  the 49ers would like to be a run first team. I envision pass attempts and targets reducing.

IF they cannot establish the run, AND neither sanders/kittle play. deebo is a fine start as a wr3/flex.

Well we have 2 Flex spots, 2 RB spots, and 3 WR spots and with Dalvin Cook on bye, Thielen on bye, and JuJu hurt, I have to start Tyler Boyd and Deebo as my 4th and 5th WRs in the flex spots.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 2:05 PM, Bier Meister said:

I believe that a deebo ff start is going to be contingent upon kittle and sanders health.  the 49ers would like to be a run first team. I envision pass attempts and targets reducing.

IF they cannot establish the run, AND neither sanders/kittle play. deebo is a fine start as a wr3/flex.

I would agree with that. Seems like Deebo has carved out a little role regardless. 2 hundred yard games now 2-50 and a td. Not sure he was even targeted in 2nd half. guy has breakaway speed and Sanders seems to be hobbled with rib