Sign in to follow this  
skydiverd

TE Stream wk 12 - who to drop?

12 team PPR league standard QB scoring.  Week 12 is last regular season game.  Currently sitting first in my division at 8-3, but only 4 teams make playoffs and our division is tight.  2 teams at 8-3 and 3 at 7-4.  To say we have crushed the other division is an understatement LOL.

So, week 12.  I do not necessarily need a win, but a win guarantees me the #1 seed.  Theoretically a loss and everyone else winning could be a mess and I could find myself out of the playoffs, so I am treating this as a must win.  I have Bye problems this week.  Need a TE - can stream Fant, Gisecki, Hollister or Griffin as a 1 week rental.  Issue is, who/what to drop for a 1 week fill in.  Debating dropping Sony or Hyde as I hopefully will not need either of them again after this week.  I also don't want to drop either of my defenses as they are both performing great and I'd hate to face either of them now or in the playoffs, but if that makes the most sense then I will consider it.  I could also consider taking a zero this week with Henry and hope for the best.  What do y'all think?  Bold = current selection to start week 12.

QB:  Cousins - Bye,    Carr - at NYJ

RB:   Cook - bye,   Barkley at Chicago,   Lindsay at Buffalo,   Sony - vs Dallas,   Hyde - vs Indy,   Mattison - handcuff to Cook

TE:    Hunter Henry - Bye

WR:    K. Allen - Bye,   Godwin at ATL,    McLaurin vs Det,    G. Tate at Chicago

Kicker - Slye

Defense:   Pitt at Cinci,   NO vs Car

Mattison. 

Interesting. I didn’t even think anyone would considered mattison. Heading into playoffs I think I should have this handcuff. Guarantee that he will be scooped up should I drop him. No other good handcuffs are available. 

so I’ll rephrase my question, taking Mattison off the table. LOL  

I could  go without a TE or I could consider dropping Slye and going no kicker for the week. I’ve gotten very little from the position lately anyhow. 

2 hours ago, Chiefs fan boy said:

Or drop NO defense, Pitt D has a nice enough schedule to roll with them rest of season

^^^

I would drop Mattison, it's getting late in the season, handcuffs are of lesser value, good chance he won't be picked up so you can pick him up again next week if you drop your TE

I would also strongly consider playing Golden Tate over McLaurin

• Like 1

Interesting choices. I was thinking one of the RB’s I don’t have any faith in. (Sony and Hyde). And yet nobody seems on board with that. Ok. I have some thinking to do.  I’m first overall so I don’t have to bid on waivers tonite as I have the last priority. I’ll wait to see what happens tomorrow am. I think I can literally wait until Sunday morning to make this move. At least blocking anyone from using whomever I drop this week.  Maybe I’ll get lucky and some talent will get dropped to cover a bye that I can use to improve my roster for week 13. 

55 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I would also strongly consider playing Golden Tate over McLaurin

Been going back and forth on this one. McLaurin could be shadowed all day by Slay. That would be bad. 

1 hour ago, skydiverd said:

Been going back and forth on this one. McLaurin could be shadowed all day by Slay. That would be bad. 

Yeah, that and the QB is awful