Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Damian Williams injury update?

Anybody know anything about his ribs? Can’t find anything...would love an update about severity before waivers run tonight 

he is done.

so nobody knows jack-a. 

frustrating. 

the chiefs RB situation is obviously murky, but one of them will have double-digit fantasy points most week. 

On 11/20/2019 at 12:51 PM, bfros said:

so nobody knows jack-a. 

frustrating. 

the chiefs RB situation is obviously murky, but one of them will have double-digit fantasy points most week. 

I agree. It’s screwed up and I’m thinking Damien is facing a more serious issue.

I'm still shocked there has not been one update on Damien Williams in nearly 10 days. He had emerged as the starter on one of the best offenses with a decent fantasy playoff schedule....and not one update. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Never in playing fantasy for 13 years have I seen that kinda silence for that level of player. 

I assume something will come out today....maybe. 

16 minutes ago, bfros said:

I'm still shocked there has not been one update on Damien Williams in nearly 10 days. He had emerged as the starter on one of the best offenses with a decent fantasy playoff schedule....and not one update. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Never in playing fantasy for 13 years have I seen that kinda silence for that level of player. 

I assume something will come out today....maybe. 

It is odd. How are people even putting him in their rankings? 

No surpirse he didnt practice....but still very strange there was no update regarding the extent of the rib injury. Some reporter has to have asked .... can't find anything. 

Reid has become "The Hoodie" of KC this season with his unpredictable RB usage. However, I'm gonna flex Shady in this week for the following reasons:

1) With DWill on the shelf, I believe that Shady is the best RB he has

2) I don't believe the "keeping Shady fresh for later" narrative. I believe he was scratched for that game as a wake up call/punishment for prior fumbling issues

3) In case nobody noticed, the Chiefs are only one game ahead of the Raiders in the AFC West....who they play this week.

So, Darrell Williams will almost certainly get some burn.....but in a must-win game it would seem reasonable that Reid leans on his old buddy,  Slim Shady. We shall see....

If McCoy does not get the bulk of the work this week he is safe to drop.  Outside of the fumbling issues, I have thought he looks like the best RB they have.  Also Fisher is back at tackle. 

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Grabbed William's yesterday...

Have to play either him Carson or tevin Coleman. Gross

Carson. 

53 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If McCoy does not get the bulk of the work this week he is safe to drop.  Outside of the fumbling issues, I have thought he looks like the best RB they have.  Also Fisher is back at tackle. 

He does look like the best rb they have, just look at his per rush avg. 

Wasn’t he even a healthy scratch once this season? 

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Carson. 

Not a chance I'm playing a fumbling running back now in a committee versus Minnesota. 

I think I'm liking McCoy's outlook this week as well. Trying to decide between him and Shepard for my final flex spot in ppr. I'm giving Shady the slight edge due to potential weather issues in NY.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Not a chance I'm playing a fumbling running back now in a committee versus Minnesota. 

Ok, you listed Carson on the list, so I guess it’s just Williams and or Coleman. 

I would pick Carson, but of the other two, Coleman 

20 minutes ago, tecklc2112 said:

I think I'm liking McCoy's outlook this week as well. Trying to decide between him and Shepard for my final flex spot in ppr. I'm giving Shady the slight edge due to potential weather issues in NY.

Shepherd. 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

He does look like the best rb they have, just look at his per rush avg. 

Wasn’t he even a healthy scratch once this season? 

Yes. I would bet that was due to his ball security issues. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes. I would bet that was due to his ball security issues. 

Sounds personal.

But on a different note, it's amazing the Chiefs are struggling so much to find a back. :dunno:

Really thinking Shady grabs the job for goods this weekend, but with Reid it is just so hard to gauge....

12 hours ago, stonewall said:

Really thinking Shady grabs the job for goods this weekend, but with Reid it is just so hard to gauge....

Shady will likely split carries with Darrel Williams...Earlier in the season Darrel Williams was  productive without Damien Williams in the lineup, expect 8-10 rushing attempts and 4 or 5 receptions similar to what he posted week #3 & #4.....I would not be shocked if he out produces & receives a larger workload than Shady week #13.....

10 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Who is more of the garbage time, KC playing with a lead back?

other brother Darrell, imo

12 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Who is more of the garbage time, KC playing with a lead back?

Carson.