Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Ump walks out on little league game

I doubt the ump would be chewing on a parent if the parent wasnt being a doosh.  Then the chick says "are you mad because the kids are taller than you"?  Wtf...bleachers full of first world problems and parents who think their kids are 10x better than they are.  This was probably posted to make the ump look like the bad guy.  Its more telling of the parents.

Who the fock plays baseball in November?

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Travel ball teams playing tourneys in the South. More good parents than bad, but I'm not shocked by this behaviour. Mom's don't have water in those tumblers.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Bruh I played year round. Had a tournament at Disney back in 99-00 on New Years. A lot of us were worried there would be Y2K problems and bombing of Disney back then 

I don't blame the guy for walking out. I have a sister who got all caught up in the drama of her kid who played HS soccer. I went to one of his games with her and just ended up not being able to be around her with all her soap opera takes on her kid and the coaches and the teammates. 

Leave that shlt for the kids to deal with. Maybe they will grow up quicker. 

And what does that ump make. 20 bucks a game maybe? Screw that. 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

He should’ve said “and Epstein didn’t kill himself” when he walked out of the last gate 

I'm glad he didn't leave his equipment behind for someone else to use to ump the game. Maybe they had to cancel the game and some kid whose parents were bltching was held to blame by the other players. Then he would go home and tell his parents to fvck off. With good cause. 

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Travel ball teams playing tourneys in the South. More good parents than bad, but I'm not shocked by this behaviour. Mom's don't have water in those tumblers.

As the ump is walking out, you can see a mom finishing her drink and throwing her cup away. I would guess the ump could tell by all of the red solo cups that he was in for a rough day. 

I don’t say “boo” at youth games. Once you get to HS, if the ref is a stiff and it is a big game, I will yell at him. At some point you have to be accountable for your suckitude. They are get $75+ a game.

drobeski needs thicker skin

I've heard that they are actually having a lot of troubles getting umps and referees. Nice work libtards. 

43 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I've heard that they are actually having a lot of troubles getting umps and referees. Nice work libtards. 

This is tru across all sports...even getting timers for track meets..its sad

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

This is tru across all sports...even getting timers for track meets..its sad

do the clocks grow feet and walk away?

45 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yep.  We're paying $100/game for youth football up here.  They do 2 games every Sat for 8 weeks. Each game is about an hour.  For baseball, we pay $50 for home plate and $35 for a base ump.  Looking like that's gonna go up too.  

who knows what happened here...but focking parents are focking brutal anymore. pure losers. i stand by myself...far away from all parents at my daughters soccer games.

26 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

who knows what happened here...but focking parents are focking brutal anymore. pure losers. i stand by myself...far away from all parents at my daughters soccer games.

I think it deals with the demeanor of the coach(es)...  My son's soccer team (U-16) that I am an assistant coach with, the head coach is very laid back and never gets upset...  It is the same thing with the other assistant coach and me...  Yes we want to win (and do), but we don't yell at the refs or get frustrated with the kids...  The parents are the same way...

We play other teams, where the coach is constantly screaming at the kids and the refs and the parents to the same...  It starts at the top...  The coach needs to set the tone and if the parents and kids don't like it, they can leave...

44 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

what make and model minivan do you have soccer mom?

37 minutes ago, edjr said:

what make and model minivan do you have soccer mom?

in the meadow dust...i park my Aerostar

9 hours ago, edjr said:

do the clocks grow feet and walk away?

Many schools dont use electric timers

I started reffing high school soccer this year. Absolutely eye opening in terms of parents and the way they act. My son just graduated so I've been guilty of getting on some refs but some of the things I've seen and heard this year is unbelievable. I knew some parents were a bit crazy but I had no idea the amount of stupid that came out of some peoples mouths.

14 minutes ago, JohnD. said:

I started reffing high school soccer this year. Absolutely eye opening in terms of parents and the way they act. My son just graduated so I've been guilty of getting on some refs but some of the things I've seen and heard this year is unbelievable. I knew some parents were a bit crazy but I had no idea the amount of stupid that came out of some peoples mouths.

Every parent is the best referee in their mind...  Of course you ask them if they want to try it out, they will find every excuse in the book to avoid it...

Kudos to you for being a ref and the thankless job that it is...

43 minutes ago, JohnD. said:

I am debating doing some reffing.  I need some time off from coaching and the refs have been trying to get me to join the Dark Side.  I know the rules better than the refs, but I was always respectful when I told them they were wrong.  :lol:

Not sure that I want to deal with it because I don't need the money.  Let's see - play some golf or deal with angry parents... :unsure:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What does a ref/ump make a game these days? 

Depends on the sport and level (and I would assume region).  Here, football guys are getting $65-90/game.  Umps are in the $60-75 game range.  I have no idea what soccer guys get.

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Depends on the sport and level (and I would assume region).  Here, football guys are getting $65-90/game.  Umps are in the $60-75 game range.  I have no idea what soccer guys get.

Not bad. If I were the ump I would let the coaches know ahead of time that I have close to a zero tolerance policy and that if it's close the batter should swing.  

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not bad. If I were the ump I would let the coaches know ahead of time that I have close to a zero tolerance policy and that if it's close the batter should swing.  

I'd tell them if anyone gives me crap, I'll give it back twice as hard.

10 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I'd tell them if anyone gives me crap, I'll give it back twice as hard.

That's probabaly what needs to happen. Call these a-holes out. Cancel the game and point to the offender and say that's why the game is over.  

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You didn’t include the bribes dummy. Every ref is paid to make our teams lose. 

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

football guys 

Liberal dooshbags. 

I did a political post. :banana:

Anything below college level is a hobby for fun. If you take it more seriously than that, grow up. 

22 hours ago, posty said:

I think it deals with the demeanor of the coach(es)...  My son's soccer team (U-16) that I am an assistant coach with, the head coach is very laid back and never gets upset...  It is the same thing with the other assistant coach and me...  Yes we want to win (and do), but we don't yell at the refs or get frustrated with the kids...  The parents are the same way...

We play other teams, where the coach is constantly screaming at the kids and the refs and the parents to the same...  It starts at the top...  The coach needs to set the tone and if the parents and kids don't like it, they can leave...

I reffed kids hoops, 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4fh, and 5th and 6th.  All the parents were nuts, but the most nuts was the 1st and 2nd grade.  Screaming about a travel, double dribble, or carry.  There would be a whistle every 2 seconds.

10 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I reffed kids hoops, 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4fh, and 5th and 6th.  All the parents were nuts, but the most nuts was the 1st and 2nd grade.  Screaming about a travel, double dribble, or carry.  There would be a whistle every 2 seconds.

Unreal. I don't know what I'm going to do if I encounter that. Sometimes I speak my mind in an inappropriate manner. Some would say. 

probably heard someone say jeets was the goat

• Haha 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

That doesn't make sense.  

I'd walk off the field too if I heard that

2 hours ago, frank said:

Anything below college level is a hobby for fun. If you take it more seriously than that, grow up. 

I don't buy that.  HS coaches are getting paid.  It is part of their job.  The ref/ump should be doing a decent job.  Most really suck even in HS.  If they suck, they should be called out on it, but it doesn't have to be a public berating.  I have sh!t on refs during a game without anyone even knowing it.  

Half of the coaches don't know the rules either.  In football, we see guys complaining about illegal contact downfield when it is an NFL rule and not a HS rule.  

Had one at my son's game a few weeks back.  Offense has it 4th and goal from the 13.  There is a personal foul on the play against the defense.  Ref signals half the distance and a first down.  In NFHS rules, there is no first down. Half the distance and then replay 4th down from the 6.5 yard line.  Took about 4 minutes for the refs to figure it out after I was yelling from the stands to our coach. 

18 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don't buy that.  HS coaches are getting paid.  It is part of their job.  The ref/ump should be doing a decent job.  Most really suck even in HS.  If they suck, they should be called out on it, but it doesn't have to be a public berating.  I have sh!t on refs during a game without anyone even knowing it.  

Half of the coaches don't know the rules either.  In football, we see guys complaining about illegal contact downfield when it is an NFL rule and not a HS rule.  

Had one at my son's game a few weeks back.  Offense has it 4th and goal from the 13.  There is a personal foul on the play against the defense.  Ref signals half the distance and a first down.  In NFHS rules, there is no first down. Half the distance and then replay 4th down from the 6.5 yard line.  Took about 4 minutes for the refs to figure it out after I was yelling from the stands to our coach. 

That guy. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That guy. 

I am definitely "that guy" in many situations.  I usually do it in such a way that the refs actually like me.  Not sure why.  Maybe it is because I am not going to say anything unless I know that I am right and even then, I don't fault guys on judgment calls unless it is a total whiff.  

I had a guy a few years back that was the white hat in our game.  We had a play where we had a little bubble screen on second down that took us down to about the 10 with about 30 seconds left in the first half.  White hat calls an illegible man downfield, 10 yard penalty and loss of down.  I call him over and tell him that it should be a 5 yard penalty and no loss of down.  He doesn't believe me and we move on with 3rd down.  We missed out on points as a result, but still won the game.

The next week, same guy is doing our game and walks up to me before the game and says that he was wrong.  He looked up the rule and knew he was wrong and he apologized. No big deal and I accepted it.  Not the end of the world.