Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 12 Scoop and Play WR

A ton of injury and bye-week issues in week 12, so here are a couple of considerations to fill the gaps.These are strictly guys that are likely still available in many leagues.

(Caveat: I often don't know what I'm talking about)

Taylor Gabriel - Bears

Let's face it, the Bears are a train-wreck.....top-to-bottom. Coaching, o-line play, and QB ineptitude is breath-taking, particularly in light of the offensive success they found down the stretch last season. I am assuming that Trubs and his "bad hip" will be starting again this week, but there is a ray of hope for a satisfactory week 12 WR  scoop and play candidate from amid the chaos....Taylor Gabriel. At this point it is safe to assume that Allen Robinson is da suck. However, despite horrid overall offensive production, Mr. Gabriel has managed either 50 yards or a TD in the last 4 games.....including 14 targets last week. It's clear that he and Trubs have a strong rapport, with the latter feeling that Gabriel is his best hope at WR production and big-play potential, and as luck would have it, the Bears draw the sieve-like secondary of the New York Football Giants at home this Sunday, giving up the 2nd most WR FF points in the league. Gabriel should be able to take advantage of this match up, and we all know his ceiling is high, having amassed 75 yards and 3 TD's in week 3 against the Skins. Being only 7% owned currently in Yahoo leagues and 3% in NFL.com league, Gabriel is available to blow that gridiron horn this weekend, Prediction: 6/73/1

Deep Dive: Kendrick Bourne - 49ers

Sanders has become a hard man to count on since his rib injury, and after taking himself outta the game last week, no one knows for sure how well he will be able to cope in week 12, if at all. Yes, Deebo has been fantastic.....own him myself in a couple of leagues. However, he is now widely owned. So, for a deep-dive week 12 scoop and play, look no further Mr. Bourne. He has quietly amassed 14 targets in the last 2 weeks, and Jimmy G, who is really balling as of late,  seems to have an attraction to him in the red zone, having tossed him a TD pass in 3 consecutive games. A Sunday night game in prime-time against the Packers should provide some points scored, so if you if you find yourself in desperate need of a startable WR this week.....simply remember the Bourne identity. Prediction: 5/62/1

D Thomas of the Jets. 

Some for deeper leagues

1) Tim Patrick - He is the WR2 now behind Sutton in terms of snaps (Sutton 72, Patrick 59, Hamilton 42). Will be hard to trust with QB situation but he did see 8 targets on 60 snaps in his first game back. Will likely alternate between Patrick & Fant in terms of who has value behind Sutton. 

2) Allen Lazard - moving up the depth chart, now supplanted MVS in terms of snaps played. 

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

D Thomas of the Jets. 

8 hours ago, xenon said:

In PPR, I like Renfrow and OAK going up against a poor pass DEF

4 hours ago, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

See if JAMES WASHINGTON Pitt is available....has the matchup AND Opportunity !

For those who read the Scoop and Play thread each week, you will recognize these 3 names as all being prior recommendations. Of course, I like to keep new names churning.....but these three are still suitable fill-ins this week, particularly DT and Renfrow. ...great matchups. Washington is kinda the last man standing in Pitt, but nevertheless has looked inept to me (which is a true mystery....never doubted his talent in college), and is harder for me to trust or recommend.

Might serve up a deep scoop of Jakobi Meyers due to Dorsett status and 2 bye week wr’s

On 11/19/2019 at 11:09 PM, stonewall said:

A ton of injury and bye-week issues in week 12, so here are a couple of considerations to fill the gaps.These are strictly guys that are likely still available in many leagues.

(Caveat: I often don't know what I'm talking about)

Taylor Gabriel - Bears

Let's face it, the Bears are a train-wreck.....top-to-bottom. Coaching, o-line play, and QB ineptitude is breath-taking, particularly in light of the offensive success they found down the stretch last season. I am assuming that Trubs and his "bad hip" will be starting again this week, but there is a ray of hope for a satisfactory week 12 WR  scoop and play candidate from amid the chaos....Taylor Gabriel. At this point it is safe to assume that Allen Robinson is da suck. However, despite horrid overall offensive production, Mr. Gabriel has managed either 50 yards or a TD in the last 4 games.....including 14 targets last week. It's clear that he and Trubs have a strong rapport, with the latter feeling that Gabriel is his best hope at WR production and big-play potential, and as luck would have it, the Bears draw the sieve-like secondary of the New York Football Giants at home this Sunday, giving up the 2nd most WR FF points in the league. Gabriel should be able to take advantage of this match up, and we all know his ceiling is high, having amassed 75 yards and 3 TD's in week 3 against the Skins. Being only 7% owned currently in Yahoo leagues and 3% in NFL.com league, Gabriel is available to blow that gridiron horn this weekend, Prediction: 6/73/1

Deep Dive: Kendrick Bourne - 49ers

Sanders has become a hard man to count on since his rib injury, and after taking himself outta the game last week, no one knows for sure how well he will be able to cope in week 12, if at all. Yes, Deebo has been fantastic.....own him myself in a couple of leagues. However, he is now widely owned. So, for a deep-dive week 12 scoop and play, look no further Mr. Bourne. He has quietly amassed 14 targets in the last 2 weeks, and Jimmy G, who is really balling as of late,  seems to have an attraction to him in the red zone, having tossed him a TD pass in 3 consecutive games. A Sunday night game in prime-time against the Packers should provide some points scored, so if you if you find yourself in desperate need of a startable WR this week.....simply remember the Bourne identity. Prediction: 5/62/1

Picked up Bourne in case Manny is ruled out.